Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #46
Veteran Member

God some people sprout and peddle crap here.... Not naming names. There will be no canon or aps-h sensor so forget it. The new sensor will be 16mp and it's most definitely a new sensor that isn't by Samscum. Forget a FF pentax till at least 2012 and don't expect an annoncements this year. The new model will be taking the k7 strengths and majorly improve on it's weaknesses. It won't cure cancer and it won't make you a better photographer.

Go enjoy your f#%^{Łg camera, take some photos and get life! I'm sick of so many of you know it all armchair critics and camera business, sensor experts.

07-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PrimeObjectif Quote
Isn't that what APS-C does by using the "sweet spot" of an FF lens?
Some FF lenses have sweet spots that go to the edges of the image circle. APS-C sensors will never be able to capture those edges.
07-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
God some people sprout and peddle crap here.... Not naming names. There will be no canon or aps-h sensor so forget it. The new sensor will be 16mp and it's most definitely a new sensor that isn't by Samscum. Forget a FF pentax till at least 2012 and don't expect an annoncements this year. The new model will be taking the k7 strengths and majorly improve on it's weaknesses. It won't cure cancer and it won't make you a better photographer.

Go enjoy your f#%^{Łg camera, take some photos and get life! I'm sick of so many of you know it all armchair critics and camera business, sensor experts.
Somebody needs to take a chill pill. Sounds like you might need to take a bit of your own advice. Getting mad at the internet is very unproductive.

How do you know the new sensor will be 16mp? So if it's not from Samsung, I take it it's from Sony? So did Sony develop a brand new sensor that will appear in a Pentax body before any other body?
07-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote

Thank you for the information. I think to know you had some leak from insiders, so I trust you on that points.
Now at least I can think without any regret about my new combo made of a Canon 5D (II or III) and some awesome L lenses.
Pentax story was a short but nice one for me. I will miss Pentax ergonomics. But I cannot stand anymore with APS-C sensors. And in a way, it is better that they do not release FF soon, I would have wonder many nights if I switch to Canon or stick to Pentax and spend a lot of money for professional grade lenses, without any clue about the possibility to get new FF bodies during the next years.
PS: what about your feeling a few weeks ago, when you said you were astonished by the quality of your friend's 5DII (and more generaly FF) and were expecting the same from Pentax? The effect is already over?

07-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
How do you know the new sensor will be 16mp?
i told it already..... i know it from the guy who translatig the menu for new camera....
07-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I still love ff and the image quality of the 5d. However it occupies a segment and price point and when you weigh it agai st apsc the advantages aren't all that huge, yes bigger I've and better low light performance, however withe the advances in sensor tech this is more and more negated.

On this forum I'm just sick to death of all the armchair critics and experts. Half would would hail to be claim they are experts in areas of Marketing, engineering, camera design, supply chai , pentax politics, Hoya financials, etc. I mean with this pool of expertise you could start your own camera company....
07-30-2010, 01:53 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
Somebody needs to take a chill pill. Sounds like you might need to take a bit of your own advice. Getting mad at the internet is very unproductive.

How do you know the new sensor will be 16mp? So if it's not from Samsung, I take it it's from Sony? So did Sony develop a brand new sensor that will appear in a Pentax body before any other body?
No,not before.
Pentax and another Brand are using the new Sensor.
07-30-2010, 02:06 AM   #53
emr

Rumored new Sony DSLRs, one with a 16mp 7fps sensor.

07-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #54
Veteran Member

ok,pentax,sony and another brand
07-30-2010, 02:33 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
ok,pentax,sony and another brand
Olympus is bringing out an APS-C camera .....

Nah not really.
07-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Samsung
07-30-2010, 03:00 AM   #57
emr

Samsung
Really? They've said they're out of the DSLR business. So it's a new camera in the NX series then.
07-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #58
Veteran Member

hey,it was a joke looks like nikon is the third.
07-30-2010, 03:28 AM   #59
Veteran Member

hey,it was a joke looks like nikon is the third.
They already use the Sony sensors, ie the D90 so it's nothing NEW as such....
but it is a new sensor
07-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #60
Veteran Member

the point is,nikon told they bring a more pix sensor only,when it will have the same noise quality like D300.and k-x is actually better than nikon in low noise.but i missed the maximum resolution for my * lenses.so,maybe the new sensor is one for all?hope so!