Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-30-2010, 04:02 AM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
the point is,nikon told they bring a more pix sensor only,when it will have the same noise quality like D300.and k-x is actually better than nikon in low noise.but i missed the maximum resolution for my * lenses.so,maybe the new sensor is one for all?hope so!
Are you aware of the new killer feature?

07-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #62
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
Are you aware of the new killer feature?
That would be great. Any info on what processor is in it? Are there dual Prime II or single or is there a new Prime III processor?
07-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Can the DA lenses resolve 16MP+? I thought their limit was around 14mp? Same with the sensor, unless of coarse it is a gapless design.
07-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #64
Veteran Member

there is no limitation till max 14megapix.my old fa85 brings me more fine resolution with my k7 than with my old k10.i dont believe that pentax give us a sensor,whats to good for our lenses

07-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #65
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
OMGzzzz. You guyz need to get out and enjoy you fu*+@$g cameras instead of being armchair insiders. It makes me sick, people jumping on every rumor and claiming it as their own. Go get a life and take some pictures.
07-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #66
Veteran Member

there is no limitation till max 14megapix.my old fa85 brings me more fine resolution with my k7 than with my old k10.i dont believe that pentax give us a sensor,whats to good for our lenses
Actually it is better to have a sensor that is slightly better than the lens.
This avoids things like Nyquist artifacts.
07-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Nyquist artifacts.
Great name for a rock band.

07-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
hahahaha.. that was priceless
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Channeling Dave

Dave Barry would be proud.
07-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Samsung is out
Good!

the point is,nikon told they bring a more pix sensor only,when it will have the same noise quality like D300.and k-x is actually better than nikon in low noise.
Promising!

What about "Shannon Shambles"?
08-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
20MP on a 1.5 is pretty close to the 18MP 1.6 sensor that Canon uses. If Pentax is going that route then they need to show similar performance or better. The Canon 60D is going to have the same 18MP sensor. At 20MP Pentax will be at the same pixel density as the Olympus E-3 (4/3).

I am just wondering who they will be buying the new sensor from.
Okay, Canon users including myself have been holding out for a 60D well past the due date of when it should have been released. Don't count on a 60D being released. The 7D took its place (yes there is a large price disparity right now, but the 7D costs the same as the 50D did when it was introduced almost two years ago), it was also released in the 50D's time line of an update. I wont even mention on how much "spec rumors" I heard while waiting for it either.

My theory is that the 50D will eventually just be phased out. You'll have all of Canon's Rebels and then to step up to the xDs you'll get a 7D which will be going lower and lower as time goes on. Right now the T2i is such a great camera, there is no reason to get a 50D. Ergonomics a side.

Of course I could be completely wrong on this, and maybe they will actually make a 60D, but being as all the upgrades people wanted in a C size sensor happened on the 7D within the timeline of a 50D update... just makes more sense that they got rid of the one camera most people ragged on for poor ISO performance and "not that great over the 30D and 40D".

Sorry off topic.

I am just hoping for a K-7 Super or a K-5 with some more ergonomic improvements, faster FPS and hopefully they can jack up the tracking a little more. Maybe "PRIME III" or even dual PRIME IIs can bring in some faster processing so that people who like to use the in camera corrections and effects can use them without stopping you dead in your tracks. I would also like to see the 3:2 LCD like on the T2i... its nice having a LCD in the same format as the sensor. Oh, improved menus maybe? I don't mind the generic layout now, I think it could use a little sprucing up though.

I would be okay with more megapixels as long as the noise was kept down to at least as much as the K-7 or as good as the K-x. I see the successor to the K-7 needing at least noise performance of their much cheaper counterpart. Pentax kinda shot themselves in the foot with that K-x... now they MUST live up to it on their new high end camera (if thats actually going to be released). Or maybe I am wrong, maybe they always intended on getting people to buy two bodies!

I would love to see more DA* lenses or just more WR lenses. I love to take my K-7 out in adverse weather and I don't see that changing any time soon.
08-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #72

Good try but...

QuoteOriginally posted by kalison Quote
Okay, Canon users including myself have been holding out for a 60D well past the due date of when it should have been released. Don't count on a 60D being released. The 7D took its place (yes there is a large price disparity right now, but the 7D costs the same as the 50D did when it was introduced almost two years ago), it was also released in the 50D's time line of an update. I wont even mention on how much "spec rumors" I heard while waiting for it either.
... sorry, it is already almost official. There will be a 60D announced within a few weeks. Already listed in DxO modules (cf here: Canon 60D listing shows up on DXO | Photo Rumors )
Expected to be 18Mpxls and tilt screen.
08-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by youky63 Quote
... sorry, it is already almost official. There will be a 60D announced within a few weeks. Already listed in DxO modules (cf here: Canon 60D listing shows up on DXO | Photo Rumors )
Expected to be 18Mpxls and tilt screen.
Conjecture.

Until it's physically in someones hands then I'll believe it. I don't believe websites no matter how good their sources can be.

Anyone remember the iPod touch 3rd gen? People wanted and rumored there would be a rear facing camera on it. In fact there was even several sites with good sources that had extremely convincing and legit looking photos of leaked inner frame and rear plates from factories that had cut outs for the camera. Third party case manufacturers were so convinced that many began making and selling 3rd gen iPod touch cases with the camera cut out in them.

iPod touch 3rd gen gets released, NO camera. Instead apple dropped one in the NANO!

My point is no one knows till it's a physical presence in the world.
08-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kalison Quote
Conjecture.

Until it's physically in someones hands then I'll believe it. I don't believe websites no matter how good their sources can be.

My point is no one knows till it's a physical presence in the world.
Rebels occupy the $400-$600 price range. The 7D is $1,600. The 40D & 50D occupy the $1,000 price point in the middle. Canon is not going to abandon the $1,000 price point. There will be a 60D. The xxD is one of the bigger money makers for Canon. Priced where enthusiasts can still afford it, and capable enough that professionals will pick them up as back-up bodies or light travel bodies.

Canon will announce the 1DsIV with 2-3 "L" lenses and a 60D. That would be a minimum for the largest show in the industry. Anyone showing up at Photokina with less than 2 new bodies and 2-3 new lenses would be embarrassed, and a company like Canon is not going to be outdone.

Nikon will be bringing the D700 replacement and the D90 replacement.

Sony will have 2 new bodies both A5xx series and 2 hybrid HD video/Still cameras and they have just announced 3 lenses.

Olympus will have 3-4 bodies with the E-x replacement and at least 2 new m4/3 bodies. Lenses for m4/3 will be announced.

Panasonic will have the GH2 and probably the GF2. Lenses for m4/3 will be announced.

Pentax? Probably the tightest lipped of the bunch. K-7 replacement + 1 mystery body. While I know what lenses I would like to see from Pentax, my needs/wants are not typical for most Pentax users, so I have no idea what to expect.
08-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Right and in my previous post I also mentioned that the 50D used to retail at the prices the 7D are at now. The only reason that the 50D is in that range now is because it's closing in on a two year old design.

50D in Aug 2008 was 1400 (mileage may vary) body only. Just under 200 shy of the 7Ds current body only offering.

Let's not forget you missed that the Rebels occupy the 400-900 range, the T2i is 850 body only. On a good day 800.

I'm not disagreeing with you in that mid tier market, it's huge. However I still believe that the 7D is falling fast enough that it can slide in. Hell they could push the 50D another six months if they needed to.

Anyway. We'll see like I said previously I could be completely wrong. I just don't care to believe rumors till I see the product.

Just like people are cranning their necks to see what pentax does. It just hypes you up for an underwhelming release.