Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 04:56 AM   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Not good as they seems to be using Adams concept pictures trying to make them look like real news.
Even worse if they use these pictures without permission.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/108902-pentax-mirrorle...em-rumors.html
I posted a comment on k-rumors about that. It's incredible how a few mock-ups for fun can suddenly turn into the latest rumor.

08-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #152
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh is releasing an interchangeable lens EVIL that is radically different than anyone's to date. It has several sensor sizes available depending on the lens module up to aps-c. For example the 50mm/2.5 macro module has aps-c cmos. The 12-24/2.5-4.4 zoom has 1/1.7" CCD. The 28-300 has the 1/2.3" CMOS. It also has an optional EVG module.

Products & Solutions / GXR | Ricoh Global

This system is compact but could get expensive.
08-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Ricoh is releasing an interchangeable lens EVIL that is radically different than anyone's to date. It has several sensor sizes available depending on the lens module up to aps-c. For example the 50mm/2.5 macro module has aps-c cmos. The 12-24/2.5-4.4 zoom has 1/1.7" CCD. The 28-300 has the 1/2.3" CMOS. It also has an optional EVG module.

That's pretty old news though isn't it? Since PMA?

Last edited by ewalk; 08-16-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: wrong date
08-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #154
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
It was announced, but reviews etc. have been slow in coming and product has been trickling out. However, it hasn't been talked about much at PF. Furthermore, if that's a criteria, stop talking about the other EVIL models from Oly, Samsung, and Pan because they ave not only been talked about, but deadhorse

I brought this system up because with all the EVIL talk in several threads lately, this is a novel system compared to the others. I'm curious to see what Pentax means by "unique" in this context.

08-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Pentax showed a old concept camera like this a few years ago called X-change from 2002. And also a (mirrorless?) live-view concept camera with K-mount called Digital K from 1997.
Pentax digital camera concepts
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #156
Forum Member

funny

if the rumors are true, think about this, my display name is EVILpentaxuser, and you know what, I do not plan on getting a Pentax evil. I will still be the proud owner of a K100D and a K-X with the white body sharing a AF360 flash unit. but it would be funny if they came out with the concept of a evil unit.
08-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #157

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote

It was announced, but reviews etc. have been slow in coming and product has been trickling out. However, it hasn't been talked about much at PF. Furthermore, if that's a criteria, stop talking about the other EVIL models from Oly, Samsung, and Pan because they ave not only been talked about, but :deadhorse:

I brought this system up because with all the EVIL talk in several threads lately, this is a novel system compared to the others. I'm curious to see what Pentax means by "unique" in this context.

I've seen plenty of these, and even a few second hand....... (ok, being in Japan might have something to do with it)

But I've had a play with these cameras before last Christmas!!!
08-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #158
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dnas Quote
I've seen plenty of these, and even a few second hand....... (ok, being in Japan might have something to do with it)

But I've had a play with these cameras before last Christmas!!!
None the less, they haven't been talked about much, especially compared to the G1, G2, GH1, Nex 3, Nex 5, GF1, EP-1, EP-2, etc. Then again, it took a while for the various colored K-x bodies to make it to the U.S.A.

08-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #159
Veteran Member

None the less, they haven't been talked about much, especially compared to the G1, G2, GH1, Nex 3, Nex 5, GF1, EP-1, EP-2, etc. Then again, it took a while for the various colored K-x bodies to make it to the U.S.A.
I would guess that one primary reason why people don't talk about them that much is simply because there aren't that many lens/sensor modules available - especially in comparison to all the wild and wacky combinations you can come up with for all the other mirrorless compacts out there.