Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is better than K-Y!

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-r is key-ar. Strange name....

08-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #62

Photos: Albums
Hey Wim,
Sorry to get off the love fest here, but how do you like the Katzeye? I shoot Canon film and and rely heavily on the split prism focusing aid, and would love to have the same on my k7, but read there is EV adjustments necessary at times. I don't want to make things more complicated. Do you recommend it?
08-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #63
Veteran Member

The Pentax K-ARRRRRR The official camera of pirates.
08-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
C.W Tsorotes I wish you'd go away for a while and, like, take some photos or something.

You say you hate these speculation threads and yet you post and post and post in them, and troll them heavily too. Why do you bother?
Because it's really fun to get peoples feathers riled up

People seem to love obsessively speculating, there are so many clones of the same thread popping up almost daily, some people get a bit too serious. So I come in every now and then with real info, drop it in, then just stir people up....yes it's childish, maybe immature and well I and I'm sure others have a chuckle to.

But many others like me I'm sure are totally sick of the endless speculating, bickering that goes on.

And I would be out taking photos except it's miserable and cold here and my Mediterranean blood really hates cold weather, plus after 3 months abroad in Europe recently my finger is really sore from shooting over 7,500 photos

Last edited by Christopher M.W.T; 08-05-2010 at 07:40 AM.
08-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well, nobody forces you to read his posts. Ignore function is quite convenient btw
I think my posts are quite funny...in fact I believe I am the funniest person on the forum and maybe the whole Internet K-arrrrr!
08-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
The Pentax K-ARRRRRR The official camera of pirates.
How about the Pentax K-AHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!

Oh god this is brilliant....

08-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
Hey Wim,
Sorry to get off the love fest here, but how do you like the Katzeye? I shoot Canon film and and rely heavily on the split prism focusing aid, and would love to have the same on my k7, but read there is EV adjustments necessary at times. I don't want to make things more complicated. Do you recommend it?
I like it a lot, but note that I have a custom designed edition. I explicitely didn't want the split prism, but wanted special grid lines. Basically the gridlines combine square crop marks, a 3x3 grid and central focus point brackets. It was finished with the Optibright treatment for a clearer view finder.

On my K20D this resulted in slight underexposure, but the K-7 having a different metering (77 zones) makes for more accurate (more to the right) exposure with possibly slight tendency to overexposure in highlights. The KatzEye compensates for this resulting in exposure that suits me fine on average.

I cannot judge the impact of the split prism (the possible blacking out of one of the halves of the prism with a stopped down or slow lens) on metering... But I guess this is one thing that you will need to compensate for manually.

There were indications that the KatzEye screens could be slightly thicker than the original Pentax ones, thus resulting in inaccurate visual focus confirmation. I thought this might be the case with mine as well, but since recently using the K135/2.5 I have the impression the focussing screen is accurate enough. I now put it down to user error (not looking critically enough). Perhaps a copy with split prism will behave differently because of the split prism's properties? Without it seems ok.

Note that this difference in thickness does not impact AF accuracy, since the AF sensor sits below the mirror in the bottom of the camera, not behind the focussing screen like the meter.

Wim

08-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
I can also confirm the K-5 won't have screwdrive motor or shake reduction.
Posting false information on purpose as a joke without a smilie? Not Cool!

But part of me wishes they did just to see the uproar and hateful comments that would fly on here hahahahah
And I really enjoy stirring people up because some people here are far too serious for their own good, I do admit I enjoy watching people get fired up over little things like that
This, by definition, is trolling... and deriving pleasure from other people's emotions?
Again Not Cool! Chris, NOT COOL!!!

08-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Posting false information on purpose as a joke without a smilie? Not Cool!
Hey, it was pretty obvious that it was a joke, at least if you are a pentax user...
08-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertbert Quote
Hey, it was pretty obvious that it was a joke, at least if you are a pentax user...
Obvious? When he claimed that he had inside info? Did you remember the response to Simon's Myth's posting? A lot of Pentax users were concerned and expressed outrage about this, even though many found it hard to believe. He posted it as, in his words, "it's really fun to get peoples feathers riled up"!
08-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Obvious? When he claimed that he had inside info? Did you remember the response to Simon's Myth's posting? A lot of Pentax users were concerned and expressed outrage about this, even though many found it hard to believe. He posted it as, in his words, "it's really fun to get peoples feathers riled up"!
I'm sorry but in my mind the very idea of releasing a new camera without screw drive autofocus is just plain silly. So I immediately disregarded the post as a joke.
08-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #72
Inactive Account

*sigh*

Calm down a litle.... If you must write jokes then put a smiley somewhere. All sides must calm down a litle i believe.

I really like this forum, but its so boring to read pointless arguments and se people intentionally rant, and people getting mad about it and so on....

Sure i can ignore everything, but thats not the point of having a "Friendly Pentax Discussion Community"

Cant we just make a section were people can fight?
"The fighting area" -Argue, disspute, rant, cry, sob, get angry here-

Come on now Behave
08-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #73
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Cant we just make a section were people can fight?
"The fighting area" -Argue, disspute, rant, cry, sob, get angry here-
Hey, we DO have that already! It's called "Political and Religious Discussion". That's where to go if you want to see real arguments, getting mad, name-calling and so on.
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #74
Pentaxian

My inside sources say they kicked the Engineers out of the room and let the Marketers design the new sensor. You can expect more of the same.
08-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
My inside sources say they kicked the Engineers out of the room and let the Marketers design the new sensor. You can expect more of the same.
What does that mean?