Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yeah we should stop calling it Pentax and just call it Hoya... Hoya's new K-r looks good

08-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Johnbee is your source dpr or a 2nd source?
08-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
what? this thing official now?
08-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #19
Pentaxian

im not sure it actually matters if it were official, its almost NO information at all...

Having said that if its a hard launch in one month time the cameras are bound to be made already.

08-06-2010, 02:44 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Well it's official, Pentax has begun informing sales outlets of their new model announcements due in Sept. The entire affair consisting of:

Pentax K-5: K-7 replacement camera w/16MP CMOS sensor.
K-r: Kx replacement camera w/dual battery capabilities.
Mirroless: ??

While there seems to be no information whatsoever on the details of each model, I can testify that I was told(several months ago) that the new flagship camera will compete with the Nikon D700 FF with regards to low light capabilities.
Now I don't know about you guys, but the entire idea of keeping my glass on a camera that would compete with a leading FF professional camera has really got my juices flowing!
Has any camera actually been released yet with the new 16mp sensor that is supposed to be going into the K-5?

Must be an amazing sensor.
08-06-2010, 03:39 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Has any camera actually been released yet with the new 16mp sensor that is supposed to be going into the K-5?

Must be an amazing sensor.
No, expectet to be announced on late August.

-A55 (translucent) 16MP 10FPS
-A580 16MP 7FPS MF recording AVCHD full hd

maybe also in August

Nikon D95 (probably be called so) 16MP sensor (expected)
08-06-2010, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #22

The new Pentax cameras will come with a photographer attached to it making them the most user friendly cameras in the world, and DSLR photography a truly point and shoot experience.

And there's an optional accessory called a graphic artist that will make PP a breeze.

Seriously I cannot wait for the models to arrive to hopefully push down the K-7's price (further?).
08-06-2010, 04:54 AM   #23
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PrimeObjectif Quote
I remember that someone here had a signature that said something like "If Jesus were a photographer, he'd use Super Taks." :P
I believe that member is Mike Cash, but I'm not certain and can't check now since I'm on my phone

08-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Pixel Pusher Quote
Go out and shoot, people. Jesus!
QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
I hope everyone sees the comma in this comment.
Wow! Thanks for pointing this out; not only I didn't see the comma, but I also read the fullstop as an "&"
08-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Good to have you on board, Jesus.

Is God a Pentax shooter as well?
Sure he is; he shoots Pentax stuff with his Nikon FF!
08-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #26
Site Supporter

D700 levels of noise would be truly remarkable but I am highly skeptical.

Delivering something close to that is what would be needed to get me to replace my K-7, which in every other respect, delivers everything that I need right now. (Except for drifting focus - like my K20D, the focus is not as accurate after 10k photo as when it was new, so I'm actually sending it back to Pentax today for tweaking. I hate screwing around trying to get the focus adjustment just right!)
08-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #27
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Technically, seamuis, Pentax still exists - as a brand name rather than a corporation.

Brand names can have proud histories and Pentax is certainly one of them.

Just to be certain, last night I dragged out all my Pentax gear back to 1969. None of it says "Hoya" on it. "Asahi" yes, but not Hoya. It was good to see that nothing has changed.
while you are correct on this. particularly since ‘Pentax’ has always been a brand name of the Asahi Optical Corp. they changed their corporate name to PENTAX a few years before the buyout. that really means that as a company, (for which I was actually referring) no longer exists. it didn’t before the name change, and now it doesn’t anymore. of course, neither does Asahi Optical, but thats beside the point. im obviously aware that the name PENTAX still exists and hopefully continues to do so.
08-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #28
ogl
Pentaxian

16 MP APS-C with full HD video in body of K-7 is not my camera. Alas...
08-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I hope the next release is something more dramatic than a slightly enhanced K7, though I promise not to complain too much if Pentax give us Full HD video (manual control over exposure of course :P) and better low light performance. These things matter to me
08-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Rumour or not, true or not, anything better than the K7 is more than good enough for me ;-)