Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #46
emr
Guest




Pellix? On the other hand, Chris has lost most of his reliability in my eyes after the recent trolling.

08-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #47
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Oh, please ...
Don't say it will have an electronic viewfinder?
Please don't!

This would reduce my interest in this camera by 100%.
No, still optical.
08-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #48
Site Supporter
GregK8's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 614
I completely don't get the Pentax product numbering scheme (assuming their will be a K-5).

K10 ==> K20 ==> K7 ==> K5
08-07-2010, 05:31 AM   #49
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,177
QuoteOriginally posted by GregK8 Quote
I completely don't get the Pentax product numbering scheme (assuming their will be a K-5).

K10 ==> K20 ==> K7 ==> K5
You are leaving out the "D" with the former two. When the naming scheme still involved a "D", higher numbers indicated higher performance.

Now that the "D" has been dropped, lower numbers indicate higher performance (as it should be ).

BTW, does everyone else hate model designations with three zeroes in them? I had a hard time buying anything that had a "D5000" label on it.

08-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #50
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
You are leaving out the "D" with the former two. When the naming scheme still involved a "D", higher numbers indicated higher performance.

Now that the "D" has been dropped, lower numbers indicate higher performance (as it should be ).

BTW, does everyone else hate model designations with three zeroes in them? I had a hard time buying anything that had a "D5000" label on it.


Then look at Canon

1D => 5D => 7D => 550D = 1000D etc.
08-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #51
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Pellix? On the other hand, Chris has lost most of his reliability in my eyes after the recent trolling.
Hey at least I admit to be unashamed about it

It's all in good fun no harm meant.
08-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #52
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,177
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Then look at Canon

1D => 5D => 7D => 550D = 1000D etc.
?
What do you mean by this?
Canon has a different naming scheme.
08-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #53
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,139
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
No idea specifically about the AF points but, there apparently will be a surprise in relation to the view finder, something which Pentax apparently has had a patent for 2 years on.
.
Lets hope they do something with the viewfinder as the main problem with APS is the small finder. It is almost hopeless for focusing particularly with zoom lenses with no DOF scales and short and jerky focus throw...

08-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #54
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
?
What do you mean by this?
Canon has a different naming scheme.
Sorry I wasn't really all that clear.

What I meant to say is Pentax seem to recently be going with the lower number higher spec'd naming scheme just like Canon.

Ie

K-5 (flagship)
K-7 (previous flagship)
k-20
k-r (sub k-7)
k-x (entry level)
08-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #55
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Lets hope they do something with the viewfinder as the main problem with APS is the small finder. It is almost hopeless for focusing particularly with zoom lenses with no DOF scales and short and jerky focus throw...
It's nothing that drastic I don't think.

Personally I like the K-7 view finder I find it superior to some other APS-C cameras ive handled. However the 5D Mk2 is definitely superior
08-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #56
Veteran Member
lurchlarson's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 683
Maybe this isn't the K5 but the rumored EVIL?
08-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #57
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
Maybe this isn't the K5 but the rumored EVIL?
Nah the guy who took the photo already confirmed it's a K-7.

Although that been said, I'm told the K-5 will have a near identical body to the K-7 with one (well make that two) major point of difference.
08-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #58
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,221
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Nah the guy who took the photo already confirmed it's a K-7.

Although that been said, I'm told the K-5 will have a near identical body to the K-7 with one (well make that two) major point of difference.
switch SR on/off
08-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #59
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 61
Lets hope the new camera will have live histogram and live view in OVF. This features will give Pentax significant advantage over the other brands.
08-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #60
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: shanghai
Posts: 5
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Hey Vic, didn't expect you'd visit here too

Let's bet who gets the K5 first?
Pentax's employee
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-5, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Images appearing upside-down (K-x) dragonfly Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 05-11-2010 09:29 AM
For Sale - Sold: Penta-F 50mm f1.7 (Worldwide) cps_goodbuy Sold Items 8 04-17-2010 12:08 PM
Penta flash what works jcool Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 2 09-12-2009 11:01 PM
HELP - Reflections (maybe?) appearing in pics during night shots (examples within) Morbo Photographic Technique 20 07-16-2008 05:31 PM
penta 16-50mm lens alternative vincentgargano Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 05-05-2008 02:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top