Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had the same dream, but as I recall there was a distinct smell of sulphur in my room afterwards.

08-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Combining this thread with the Citigroup research report thread and the general belief that Pentax needs a capital partner - might Kodak be the partner? Might the 18.2 Mp sensor be a NEW FF Kodak sensor to replace the discontinued one? Might Kodak have agreed to a Hoya level of secrecy RE: a new FF sensor?

Does Ben know anything or is it all just a dream?

What would a 18 Mp sensor offer in terms of IQ that is NOT offered by the higher Mp sensors in current cameras?
While a FF Pentax would be great, everything Kodak has ever touched has turned to shit.

I keep dreaming about being in a plane crash.
08-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kxr4trids Quote
While a FF Pentax would be great, everything Kodak has ever touched has turned to shit.

I keep dreaming about being in a plane crash.
What do you mean by "everything Kodak has ever touched has turned to shit" ??
The 645D sensor is Kodak, then look at the buzz around it!!
08-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
May your dream come true. Furthermore, experts say that 18.2MP is too much for APS-C
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
The same experts that designed the Canon (Nik??? who said Nik?) 7D??

Benjikan -- should 18.2 come to fruition next month, I shall appear at your door each morning with pen and paper to scribble down lottery numbers that you dreamed of.

Edit - to correct my sleepy headed typo
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Well, you'd want any new Pentax 18MP sensor to be way better than the one in the 7D.

Canon's 18MP sensor isn't much chop on any measure.
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
18 MP FF Kodak
That's what I meant :ugh:

08-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Isn't the 18 mp full frame sensor from Kodak in the wildly successful Leica M9 as well? Apparently in the last year or so if a camera has a Kodak sensor in it there's no way it can remain in stock
08-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #21

Since the 645D uses a Kodak CCD it is not too unlikely that a FF Pentax would use the 18 MP Kodak sensor. However, I would much prefer a Sony Exmor sensor, since they are CMOS and will allow for movie recording.
08-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would be content to have CCD sensor in FF camera. CCD usually has superior low iso results and I got K-x for video.

But, I`m not even daring to hope.

08-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
I never get dreams like that! My telepathy is more for mundane things like seeing the mall that my fiancée and I went to to get our new Apple toys a month before we went there...

I wish I could have this type of telepathy too! It would solve my conundrum of whether to get the K-x or wait for the next pro/semi pro body :-(

Looks like I am waiting based on benjikan's dream :-D
I kid you not, it felt more like a lucid dream than a classic dream. But then again, I am probably way off track, as i have heard of no company that furnish a 18.2 MP sensor at present.

Last edited by benjikan; 08-08-2010 at 04:40 PM.
08-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
1 minute before you made this thread you posted the exact same statement in another thread.

This is so far the best attempt of starting a rumor that i've seen, compared to the other 4-5 "Pentax next camera" threads where people actually claim they know something

But hey......as i cant see your face, it might just be what you say it is. A dream, and you really feel it is important to share it with us. OR, you really know something.

geeeessss, i have to stop reading threads in this section of the forum, its getting me all winded up......

That being said.....i dream of cameras and lenses almost every night

Lets hope for you sake, that sensor is an FF. I have the feeling that you would be dissapointed otherwise......
No I didn't!! Oh I get it...LOL
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
The same experts that designed the Canon (Nik??? who said Nik?) 7D??

Benjikan -- should 18.2 come to fruition next month, I shall appear at your door each morning with pen and paper to scribble down lottery numbers that you dreamed of.

Edit - to correct my sleepy headed typo
I have had several discussions with Joseph McMoneagle Ex-SRI (Stanford Research Institute) Stargate Program famous remote viewer from the 70's regarding my remote viewing experiences. But we aren't ever 100% accurate are we?
08-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Last night I dreamed I had Leica M9.
08-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
Last night I dreamed I had Leica M9.
funny. i have a dream like that even during daylight hours with my eyes open. except in my dream it is smaller, about $5k cheaper, and says pentax.
08-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #28
Veteran Member

As far as I can tell, the K-7 is the next best thing, body wise. Can't complain at 1/8 the price...
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #29
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
May your dream come true. Furthermore, experts say that 18.2MP is too much for APS-C
I beg to differ! Why is the Canon 7D doing so good, it is after all an 18mp camera
08-09-2010, 02:35 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
My dream last night was that Pentax thought it would be a wonderful idea to sponsor a totally unknown and I received boxes of new gear delivered to my door. Oh. Wait. That was a fantasy, not an actual dream. Sigh.

Would be cool if your dream came to pass. But then I'd be adding the CBA to the LBA, and considering I bought the K-7 on preorder, the temptation might just drive me over the edge
Geeee...That DOES ring a Bell. But as I recall it was three shopping bags full delivered to me via a special messenger...