Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #46
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
85/1.4 and 60/2.8 macro will be the gems.
I'm hoping you're correct about the 60/2.8 Macro...can't wait to mount one on my NX100!

06-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've read some comparison between the Fuji x100 and the NX10, where the latter did not match the Fuji's IQ. Perhaps due to the sensor? Otherwise, the NX system does indeed look promising. If Pentax does not come out with something better, I might go for it.
06-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
LOL. Funny.
They sucked at DSLRs.
They do not have a significant MILC marketshare.
And they persue digital MF?
What a bunch of idiots.

Imo, this is BS.
although you are entitled to your opinion, it is pretty much stupid to make such remarks. Samsung was the reason that kept Pentax afloat and significant. I believe it was Samsung that was partly responsible on coming up with the K dslr series cameras and I don't think either of those cameras sucked.

I know that they do not have a significant share in the MILC market......yet, but so did Sony.

if we are going to follow the same market analogy, I guess Sony (an electronics giant) was also stupid for entering the camera business years ago. now they are top producer of a top camera sensor. and doing well in the MILC department. it's just too bad that the don't have much sensible OEM lenses to offer, not to mention affordable ones.

IMO, Samsung is doing better with it's investment and business plan/roadmap compared to what Sony did before. all they need is aggressive marketing, and well-planned endorsement and a product that would generate a lot of interests. such product however needs to have a lot to offer and Samsung is doing that. a 15 lens lineup plan in 3 years is something worth considering. not to mention that some of the lenses included are what consumers have been asking for.
06-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yet nobody buys it.

Samsung went to film SLR. Quit it quickly.
Samsung went to DSLR. They didn't even manufacture any and quit quickly.
They went to mirrorless and can't get marketshare.
They'd go to MF and then what ?
I believe by the time Samsung went to film SLR, people were already looking for the next big thing which is DSLR. I think it's a good strategy for them not to pursue on producing and making film cameras as dslrs are getting popular already. so in short, it's not a wise investment to pursue it, although atleast they already have a background with regards to cameras and lenses.

I also don't think that they quit with dslrs. I think that all they did was to use the partnership to get enough blueprints and info from Pentax on lens construction and design. Samsung may had offered a sensor (which was great during it's time and still pretty much good to use nowadays) and some monetary assistance in exchange for lens blueprints. if we are going to evaluate the Samsung lenses, they are pretty much Pentax-like, except they seem much better due to some optical modifications, construction/built, AF design and other functionalities, not to mention offer lenses that consumers wanted and has been ignored by Pentax. I would think that Samsung went solo instead when it has garnered all the lens info it could use on their venture.

as far as MILC marketshare is concerned, I think they are pretty much ok and play along the Ricoh GXR, Sigma DP and Sony NEX market line. although not yet at where the M4/3 are sitting a but pretty much close IMO. besides, it is still premature to say anything with regards to them failing. they just practically just started about a year ago and it takes a while and a lot of effort for them to dominate the market. maybe next year's olympics would be a great time to endorse their products.