Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2010, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 325
"Possible" K5 Specs

Given Pentax's history of incremental upgrades here is what I expect in the upcoming K5, the K7 is a very good camera in it own right so I don't think that the K5 will be all that different


Pentax K5
Weather Resistant Magnesium Alloy On Stainless Steel Chassis Similar to K7
16 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
ISO 200-6400, Expandable to 12800
Glass Prism Viewfinder with 100% Image Coverage, 1.0X Magnification 1/8000 Shutter Speed, X-Sync=1/180s
6 FPS
1080P 30 FPS
77- Segment Multi-Pattern Metering System
New SAFOX-X AF System - 11-Point, 9 Cross type with new sensor layout
Improved LiveView with faster autofocus and Face detection
Pentax KAF2 Mount

These seem like some of probable specs for the K5 to me(if there is a K5), anyone else?

08-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
New Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: China
Posts: 20
IS0 start from 200?
that dont seem to be new shipflag!
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
pdo
Senior Member
pdo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster CA
Posts: 264
QuoteOriginally posted by lance Quote
IS0 start from 200?
that dont seem to be new shipflag!
Canikon D3, D700 and 5D MKII native ISO 200 so I don't see what wrong with it. I expect to see Pentax bump up the sync speed to 1/250th though..
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 325
Original Poster
K-x starts at iso 200
645D starts at iso 200, if any camera should have iso 100 this would be it
like these cameras the K5 will probably be expandable iso 100

08-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 325
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pdo Quote
Canikon D3, D700 and 5D MKII native ISO 200 so I don't see what wrong with it. I expect to see Pentax bump up the sync speed to 1/250th though..
I would of expected Pentax to bump the sync to 1/250th with the 645D too, but they did not.
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,535
"I would of expected Pentax to bump the sync to 1/250th with the 645D too, but they did not."

645 shutter mechanisms have far too much mass to move that quickly. but if high sync speeds are really what you need that is what the leaf shutter lenses are for.
08-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Christopher M.W.T's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,689
It's a bit odd, a brand new user signing up to the forum to post a speculation thread.....

Strikes me as odd.

Either one or two things, Belnan knows the specs (as what he's written is along the lines of what Ive been told already inc the sync-speed) or he's just pulled bits and pieces from the forums.
08-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
dnaseigel's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rockford, IL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 179
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Given Pentax's history of incremental upgrades here is what I expect in the upcoming K5, the K7 is a very good camera in it own right so I don't think that the K5 will be all that different


Pentax K5
Weather Resistant Magnesium Alloy On Stainless Steel Chassis Similar to K7
16 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
ISO 200-6400, Expandable to 12800
Glass Prism Viewfinder with 100% Image Coverage, 1.0X Magnification 1/8000 Shutter Speed, X-Sync=1/180s
6 FPS
1080P 30 FPS
77- Segment Multi-Pattern Metering System
New SAFOX-X AF System - 11-Point, 9 Cross type with new sensor layout
Improved LiveView with faster autofocus and Face detection
Pentax KAF2 Mount



These seem like some of probable specs for the K5 to me(if there is a K5), anyone else?
FPS seems a bit modest, but that's so Pentax. Be capable of so much more and then deliver something less. They have done it with Waterproof testing, battery life and marketing.

What's the nature of the live view improvements? Could it have lightning fast AF with live view or can it still be measured with a calender like all DSLR's not named Sony?

By the way, welcome to the forum...

08-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Photos: Albums
Posts: 842
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
It's a bit odd, a brand new user signing up to the forum to post a speculation thread.....

Strikes me as odd.

Either one or two things, Belnan knows the specs (as what he's written is along the lines of what Ive been told already inc the sync-speed) or he's just pulled bits and pieces from the forums.
Or he just made them up based on guesswork -- which is what he fairly clearly says he did. They could be right, they could be wrong, and either way threads like this are equally meaningless.
08-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bc
Posts: 31
30fps video? ****kkkkk
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
Veteran Member
lurchlarson's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 683
I wish it had duel SD card slots and a built in grip.
08-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #12
Veteran Member
theperception2008's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Łódź, Poland and Riverside, California, U.S.A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 488
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
I wish it had duel SD card slots and a built in grip.
And possibly a bigger sensor :-P
08-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Prague
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,198
The only reason i lingered and didn't buy the K-7 yet is the 1/180 sync speed. I expect to postpone the buying decision even more, if the sync speed doesn't improve.
It is along with the enormous shutter lag the only problem I have with the K10D, my present camera. K-7 improved only one of the 2 issues I had and it is not enough for me.
08-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #14
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Why 1080p at 30fps? 24fps please.
08-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Jasvox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,110
If these specs are actual instead of just pure speculation, it will take a hell of an IQ to get me to consider. Otherwise, just seems about 95% the same as a K-7.

Jason
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
fps, k5, k7, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, sensor, specs, system
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sports "Highside Exit" took 1st Place in DPReview "Missed It by THAT much, Part 1" Challenge MRRiley Post Your Photos! 27 02-21-2010 08:26 PM
K1000 body "ding" - defect, accident, or "feature"? dannywho Pentax Film SLR Discussion 6 10-08-2009 06:11 PM
K20d-Frame Count on panals..works w/"M" & "P" mode only? arbib Pentax DSLR Discussion 1 08-28-2009 05:47 PM
"Hunger for a DA*50-135?" or "The DA*50-135 as a bird lens!" or "Iron age birds?" Douglas_of_Sweden Post Your Photos! 4 08-13-2008 06:09 AM
Anyone bring "E2" fluid or the "Digital Survival Kit" on a plane? m8o Photographic Technique 2 07-31-2007 06:20 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top