Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #106

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kingsofronin Quote
I'm also getting ready to open up my studio. All my profoto stuff comes in sometime this week. Haha. Its funny because i couldve finished paying off my college debt but i opted for a lighting kit, Medium Format Printer, a professionally designed logo, and a laser cut sign to put in the front yard.
So when presented with the option of getting out of debt, or putting yourself further in the hole with gadgets... you went further down the rabbit hole? Wow...

There's always gonna be something new and exciting in the technology sector, you buy one thing and something else comes out. I think people just need to assess their needs with whatever system they choose and figure out if it suits their needs (not wants) for what they shoot. If you're switching systems because of a simple gimmick that you think is "cool" but will never use then you should probably check yourself and re-think whether you just 'want' or actually 'need' the equipment.

-s

08-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #107
Veteran Member

I'm very excited to get the new camera. Im going to be able to print just about as big as i want. DDD

When do you get this new wizbang camera and what brand is it?
08-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Enjoy...

Im jumping ship to Nikon. The D300 looks too good. If Pentax doesnt come up with something to challenge it, I'm jumping ship.
Hope you can swim....
08-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #109
Busiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsofronin View Post
Im jumping ship to Nikon. The D300 looks too good. If Pentax doesnt come up with something to challenge it, I'm jumping ship.

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Hope you can swim....
No problem. D300's firmware provides a gilled firewire connection

08-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #110
Veteran Member

To all ship jumpers.... just remember pentax glass is rather heavy. Especially long fast glass. So to avoid sinking to the bottom you should leave all your unwanted lenses with me. I'll make sure they get properly recycled.
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #111
Banned

Original Poster
Mmmmmm. I am very excited. There's a 50-50 chance the new camera will be announced tommorrow.
08-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Haha Panasonic DMC-L10 was just really today. Looks like a squished version of the FZ50 and has a strong resemblance to the rebel xt.

Pentax, from a purely marketing standpoint, is falling waaayy behind.
08-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #113
Not Registered

Why?

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Haha Panasonic DMC-L10 was just really today. Looks like a squished version of the FZ50 and has a strong resemblance to the rebel xt.

Pentax, from a purely marketing standpoint, is falling waaayy behind.
I dont see the point of presenting a new camera/s if it is not going to surpass the D3/300 or the 40D/MarkIII. Even if it is almost the same and 30% cheaper most of the people will be raving about the 11fps or the ISO 25600 or the way they make the toasts early in the morning. Just go to DPreview and see how the people is jumping of joy because they have 2 new models than most of them will never buy. We have to consider also that those forums is one of the first places that the people willing to buy something new go to get some information/desinformation. I think that the wiser strategy will be to wait 2/3weeks and let the people know the reality of the new releases (specially new Nikons) and then Pentax can release a nice camera once the initial euphory is decreasing and grab some people attention. Olympus and Panasonic are releasing new dslrs now and the people is not giving a s**t because they cannot compare to Canon and Nikon.

08-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #114
Banned

Original Poster
Omg. That Lumix is lame. Panasonic needs to back out of the camera industry.

And ive said this other places on the forum, but Pentax is not doing a bad job with their marketing. It's brilliant to let the competition be announced before they announce theirs themselves. Pentax is currently 3rd in the market in camera sales. This is undoubtedly an impressive feat whether most of you realize that or not. I also speculate that Pentax will be trailing Nikon a lot closer once we steal some of the D300 sales with our new camera.

Pentax's problem lay with not releasing lenses on time and scrapping camera ideas almost monthly.
08-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Omg. That Lumix is lame. Panasonic needs to back out of the camera industry.
Lame? Whatever. Articulated LCD with Live View and contrast-based autofocusing is a great creative tool on a dSLR. It's ugly compared to the L1, and shame about the lack of the built-in bounce flash, but it's far from lame.
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #116
Veteran Member

I can only say a few limited things about it.

More than 12 MP. 5 fps shooting. Metal Body.

Enough said.

I dont think the price is 100%$ established yet but it should be somewhere in that 1500-1800 range.
Not "enough said". And please stop the ridiculous "can only say a few limited things" crap. Just tell us what the camera has, already. You aren't a Pentax employee, so your lack of details is annoying.

Is a K10D Super also being announced with the same 10mp sensor?

If you know the deal, just say it.
08-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #117

If Pentax doesn't release the 645 Digital by November, I'm buying a Hassie...
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #118

Waaa! Waa!

Waa! Waa! I want my new Pentax now! If I don't get it, I'm going to buy my cameras from a different company. And if they don't release some new gear before the next company does, I'll switch companies again.

With this kind of attitude you could go broke really quick. I wish I had enough money to buy new camera gear every year.

Whatever happened to the days when you bought something for the long haul. My dad bought a Pentax Spotmatic over 30 years ago and I still use it today! The old prime lenses still kick butt and all I did was buy a new Tamron 28-70mm zoom. Great setup for landscape and nature.

I am saving up to enter the DSLR world, but dont' plan on buying new equipment every year.

Spend the money on going on a trip somewhere exotic. Go to bed earlier and get up early to capture the morning light. I guarantee that will produce better pictures than a new camera.

Cheers!
Joe

Photos by Joe Braun - photo.net
08-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #119
Banned

Original Poster
1. The 645D is dead.
2. I dont want a Medium format digital quite yet.
3. Im only building the suspense. You'll see what the new camera is like when its publically announced.
4. I already said why I want another camera and its not because i dont have the newest most technically specific camera on the market.
5. Dont be mean or mindset enforcing. Everyone here is different and has different circumstances. Just because you dont see something the same way as someone else does doesnt mean you have to make them wrong. Dont be a jerk. The pentax forums are a nice place to go with the exception of a few jerks.
08-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smcclelland Quote
So when presented with the option of getting out of debt, or putting yourself further in the hole with gadgets... you went further down the rabbit hole? Wow...
He's 19, so it isn't as though he were paying off four years worth.

(Trying to figure out if Berea KY is a suburb of Chicago....)