Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Beauty by camera model, no really

OKCupid had an article about which camera are the best to use when taking a picture of someone to put on a dating site. Take a look, Don’t Be Ugly By Accident! OkTrends

But what you'll see is that Pentax comes in 4th, behind Canon but ahead of Nikon. Evidently what Pentax lacks in sports performance compared to Nikon in makes up for in photo aesthetics.

I put in the chart for you to see as well.

Sorry, Im home sick and was perusing thru ModelMayhem and found this. I figured this section would be the best place to put it since it might not be the most relevant post.

And oh, read this...From Lathan
QuoteQuote:
Don't even think of showing your face at a premiere with anything other than a Canon. Everyone will comment about you. Everyone from Getty or Paps use Canon. I would never use any product other than Canon. Panasonic? Seriously... that is way too consumer-level.
Now THAT'S insecurity!

Attached Images

08-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
haha I love this stuff when causation and correlation are mixed up. I would suggest Panasonic (or Pentax, whatever) doesn't make people appear prettier, but Panasonic (or Pentax) users are apparently surrounded by attractive people. Yeah. Or, if I'd use my pentax for self portraits more often, I'd also become more attractive?
08-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Sony vs Minolta

Now it's funny; Minolta dSLR is not performing even as good as Sony Ericsson cellphone cameras here )
08-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well Pentax is the only camera maker offering you a choice of 12 colors for their basic, entry level camera! and the K-7 is also a nicely sized camera as well. I think Pentax cameras hold the most classic lines of any DSLR.

08-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by urje Quote
haha I love this stuff when causation and correlation are mixed up. I would suggest Panasonic (or Pentax, whatever) doesn't make people appear prettier, but Panasonic (or Pentax) users are apparently surrounded by attractive people. Yeah. Or, if I'd use my pentax for self portraits more often, I'd also become more attractive?
If you read the article, you can see that the authors don't actually make that mistake at all.