Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The NEX cameras do not make any sense to me. Tiny camera with the same size lenses as I put on my K20. I guess you could stick a DA 40 or another pancake on it, but it seems a lot more limited than other "pocketable cameras."
It is their video lenses that are so attractive. They are pretty well noiseless like a video camera lens. AF works really well as well and silently. I can understand why it is so attractive. 14.2 megapixel sensor and up to 12,800 iso. I am considering purchasing the kit with the 18-55 & 16mm lens. I have seen samples and am pretty blown away by the quality.

09-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
It is their video lenses that are so attractive. They are pretty well noiseless like a video camera lens. AF works really well as well and silently. I can understand why it is so attractive. 14.2 megapixel sensor and up to 12,800 iso. I am considering purchasing the kit with the 18-55 & 16mm lens. I have seen samples and am pretty blown away by the quality.
They have some quirks (e.g. good luck finding the ISO setting in the menu) but they are very appealing cameras both in style and in usability. Pretty good responsiveness, too. And they're certainly priced to sell here in Japan.