Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I'd vote in favor of that, but I don't think the camera manufacturers are listening to us. They're building a little bit of something for everyone into their products.
Just because we are buying it, hence my original post about thinking about what you buy and what you tell others simply to ignore.

Thank you
Russell

08-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #77
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
So the Nikon 3100 comes with a film crew?
Yep, just like Pentax.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL86qxCasoI[/YT]
08-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I want a feature that will automatically delete "bad" photos. It could actually declutter the internet just a little bit (although most of those photos were probably taken with cell phones). Maybe we could get legislation that would make "automatic crap deletion" a requirement on new cameras in any product.
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #79
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Here is what I expect...
Here is what I except (expect as in hope):

That they release cameras that sell and make money (and I don't pretend to know what it takes to do that - I have enough distance to myself to realise I am not a typical consumer) so that Hoya let them keep more for R&D so that they can release those things I really lust for, such as

A new version of the A* or FA*200mm macro lenses, let's make it weather proof
A fast wide angle prime around 18-21mm at least f2
A fast APS-C normal, say DA30/1.4
A SMD converter, weather proof
2 more DAltd lenses above the DA70ltd, say DA90ltd (135mm equivalent), DA135ltd (200mm equivalent)
And (this is not for myself, but for those who need it), something moderately (and affordable) fast and long, beyound 300mm, say a DFA400/5.6WR, and something fast and long (and expensive) that give prestige, say a DFA*500/4.
And while they are at it, re-make the DA14/2.8 as a WR lens, like they did with the 100macro. It will make all landscape shooters in rainy and dusty climates happy.

If they can finance this, they can do what they want with the next two bodies as long as they sell (be it 100 colors or built in facebook, flickr etc interface over WLAN).
Currently I have the cameras I need (well, I'm still looking for a black ME Super and a K2 DMD, but that is another issue).

Last edited by Douglas_of_Sweden; 08-20-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: tired enough to write * instead of ltd
08-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
Just because we are buying it, hence my original post about thinking about what you buy and what you tell others simply to ignore.

Thank you
Russell
That's just it...I'm NOT buying it. I didn't believe in autofocus so I didn't buy it. I bypassed the entire line of Pentax autofocus cameras. They built them anyway. Didn't buy dedicated flash nor built-in flashes...steered clear of program mode cameras the best I could. Still, they made them. I wasn't even sold on digital for a long time. But they built them anyway. Your way doesn't work. The only thing we can do is ignore those features we didn't ask for and enjoy the features we wanted.
08-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Here is what I except (expect as in hope):

That they release cameras that sell and make money (and I don't pretend to know what it takes to do that - I have enough distance to myself to realise I am not a typical consumer) so that Hoya let them keep more for R&D so that they can release those things I really lust for, such as...
A new version of the A* or FA*200mm macro lenses, let's make it weather proof:
Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L macro USM

Probably very difficult for such a wide angle. But there is some f/2.8: 14mm f/2.8L, 15mm f/2.8FE, 20mm f/2.8

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

2 more DA* lenses above the DA*70ltd, say DA*90 (135mm equivalent), DA*135 (200mm equivalent)
EF85mm f/1.2L or f/1.8 USM
EF135 f/2L
EF200 f/2.8L (if you shoot FF)

And (this is not for myself, but for those who need it), something moderately (and affordable) fast and long, beyound 300mm, say a DFA400/5.6WR,
EF400mm f/5.6L

and something fast and long (and expensive) that give prestige, say a DFA*500/4.
EF500mm f/4L IS

And while they are at it, re-make the DA14/2.8 as a WR lens
EF14mm f/2.8L

So, to summarize my post, I didn't made it to tell you to move to Canon.
I just wanted to point out to the "serious pentaxian photographers" on this forum (the ones not using green mode ) why people ready to invest in other lenses than kit ones should prefer Canon or Nikon to Pentax. While we expect the release of lenses that we need/want, these other brands offer them for a while. And working on APS-C and FF at the same time.
What is true for new comers in photography is also true for people that doesn't yet spent thousands of dollars in FA/DA lenses. So these people have the choice: wait and complain about the lack of lenses, or just move to another brand. And no, it will not cost twice the price to jump Canon or Nikon. First because Pentax lenses, even if limited in choice, are becoming as much expensive as their C/N counterpart, and then because at least you can have the lens that you want and take pictures that you want.
08-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #82
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by youky63 Quote
A new version of the A* or FA*200mm macro lenses, let's make it weather proof:
Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L macro USM

Probably very difficult for such a wide angle. But there is some f/2.8: 14mm f/2.8L, 15mm f/2.8FE, 20mm f/2.8

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

2 more DAltd lenses above the DA70ltd, say DA90ltd (135mm equivalent), DA135ltd (200mm equivalent)
EF85mm f/1.2L or f/1.8 USM
EF135 f/2L
EF200 f/2.8L (if you shoot FF)

And (this is not for myself, but for those who need it), something moderately (and affordable) fast and long, beyound 300mm, say a DFA400/5.6WR,
EF400mm f/5.6L

and something fast and long (and expensive) that give prestige, say a DFA*500/4.
EF500mm f/4L IS

And while they are at it, re-make the DA14/2.8 as a WR lens
EF14mm f/2.8L

So, to summarize my post, I didn't made it to tell you to move to Canon.
I just wanted to point out to the "serious pentaxian photographers" on this forum (the ones not using green mode ) why people ready to invest in other lenses than kit ones should prefer Canon or Nikon to Pentax. While we expect the release of lenses that we need/want, these other brands offer them for a while. And working on APS-C and FF at the same time.
What is true for new comers in photography is also true for people that doesn't yet spent thousands of dollars in FA/DA lenses. So these people have the choice: wait and complain about the lack of lenses, or just move to another brand. And no, it will not cost twice the price to jump Canon or Nikon. First because Pentax lenses, even if limited in choice, are becoming as much expensive as their C/N counterpart, and then because at least you can have the lens that you want and take pictures that you want.
It would not cost twice as much...it would cost much more than that...if I want to replace the lenses I already have with corresponding Canon lenses. Besides Canon never have and likely will not build anything similar to the limited series (I'm not saying that they can't, just that they will not, they don't understand the point). So there are other reasons that will not move me to Canon.

And I was not complaining, my message was that I don't ask that their next bodies live up to any of my own requirements, but that I hope they make enough money on them to live and thrive. And I never asked for them to be cheap either. So you missed the whole point.

BTW, what do you mean "very difficult". Sigma 20mm f1.8...