Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
who knows about this camera?

I am posting this here in the news and rumors since I think it's only a rumor that the camera exists. Yes I know there is a photo, but I seem to be unable to find any data on it other than it is a Photorama panoramic camera with an Asahi Pentax lens on it. There also seems to be Photorama cameras with Fuji lenses, but could find no photos even of that.

I also thought this would be the place to post it since there seems to be a lot of anticipatory activity lately, and my odds of finding someone who know about it seem best here.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
David

08-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dnaseigel Quote
I am posting this here in the news and rumors since I think it's only a rumor that the camera exists. Yes I know there is a photo, but I seem to be unable to find any data on it other than it is a Photorama panoramic camera with an Asahi Pentax lens on it. There also seems to be Photorama cameras with Fuji lenses, but could find no photos even of that.

I also thought this would be the place to post it since there seems to be a lot of anticipatory activity lately, and my odds of finding someone who know about it seem best here.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
David
Don't know this one, but check this site. I've read several years ago, that Pentax MZ-5 and 3 had some sort of a panoramatic mode (not true one, just a crop from a FF).
08-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Forum Member

and here is the link
Panoramic Cameras
08-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bodhi Quote
Don't know this one, but check this site. I've read several years ago, that Pentax MZ-5 and 3 had some sort of a panoramatic mode (not true one, just a crop from a FF).
Yep it was very often included in cameras at that time: MZ5(?) MZ5n, MZ-3, Z50p, Z70, couple Espios, Z1p etc. There were even disposable panoramic film cameras with wide (not so wide I think) angle.

08-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I recall that there were cameras something like this back in the 1960's. I never saw one but remember advertisements in magazines. The name might have been Widelux or similar.
08-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yep it was very often included in cameras at that time: MZ5(?) MZ5n, MZ-3, Z50p, Z70, couple Espios, Z1p etc. There were even disposable panoramic film cameras with wide (not so wide I think) angle.

the famous 17mm konica wai wai disposable camera.