Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would like...

room for my nose, as previously mentioned. Aren't we all getting tired of wiping nosegrease from our screens? Pentax could take the lead here - telescoping viewfinder please!

Cheers,
Cameron

08-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
shutter release button!
08-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

ad nauseum, but peppermint flavored

Hmm, a very flexible user setting would be very cool.

For one, I'd like to be able to have a setting for variations of smaller RAW files... if most of the days shooting is for snapshots, several file sizes of small RAW files would be pretty useful - saving space for much more complex and larger files. Many of the older p&s's would take excellent files at 4 mpx's easily. the older nikon prof dslrs had a 4/5 Mpx file size and took exceptionally good images. I've seen canon has a 8mpx secondary RAW setting for this... a good idea. We have this for JPEG... adding a very flexible size for RAW sizes would fit very well into a very flexible framework.

The other would be a mind set that allowed the camera to be used in such a simple way that a child could make use of it. If one can have bright colors for the camera, I would think, bright ideas that used the imagination level of a child with few limitations would actually allow the abilities of the camera to be set free - Once in the mind set of an adult, we have accepted the limitations of what can be done in so many ways. Take fisher-price to stratospheric levels of intuition and creativity... the only limitation would be the fear of the adult mind thinking being grown up is better.
08-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
Hahahahahahahaha. Well played.

Actually that took longer than I thought it would. Still waitng for a few other ASP-C/the death of the K mount/Pentax is going out of business yesterday if not sooner if they don't release a full camera chicken littles to weigh in........

08-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'm going to skip the next body because I'm happy with the K7 and E-P2 combo, I do think the tethering idea is interesting. It's not something I would use, but I still think it would be a nice feature for a lot of people.
08-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
cup holders
snooze button
a roundtuit
limited slip deferential
5.1 dolby
feather action trigger
machine washable
a slightly hoppy flavor, but not too floral or perfumey
self cleaning
with retsin.

Jason
You're on the right track but I prefer a more assertive hopping. And I agree about the garden - a bit of citrus is OK but the "field of wildflowers" nose puts me off. I'd like to think of transport to India under sail whilst working on an IPA. Wooden ships and iron men. Hearts of Oak, Jolly Tars, and all that. No bouquets for 500 miles.

But that's just my tuppence.

And you forgot the automatic feed to the appropriate copyright office and to Getty, in that order.

To a different post, compression of raw files may consume enough CPU resource to slow inter-shot time. Storage is or will be cheap enough that most of us are not conserving in that area. Regardless of the size of the files and cost of the card, I really don't want to put more than 100+ images on a card so I'm generally happy with a set of fast 4 GB cards.
08-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
And you forgot the automatic feed to the appropriate copyright office and to Getty, in that order.
Why limit ourselves? I need automatic submission to every copyright office worldwide, with an upgrade option to submit to our nearest galactic copyright office, should alien life decide to make contact...
08-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Moosefactory Quote
One thing I haven't seen many people discuss is built-in HDR improvements. I'd love the next Pentax bodies to have a 5 shot exposure capture instead of just 3. While some see this as a gimmick feature, it is invaluable to my business. I shoot mostly luxury homes for sale and the built-in HDR has been a god send. I don't have to lug around tons of lighting equipment like I used to. I only use the HDR for interiors, exteriors are usually just gross HDR, interiors is where it shines. But still the 3 shot that the k7 and k-x produce is sometimes not enough. Please Pentax give me a 5 shot HDR.
I would like to see auto alignment feature as well.

Last edited by digital_aspirin; 08-21-2010 at 01:31 PM.
08-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
Why limit ourselves? I need automatic submission to every copyright office worldwide, with an upgrade option to submit to our nearest galactic copyright office, should alien life decide to make contact...
I think I have an email address for Zaphod Beeblebrox here somewhere if you'd like it.
08-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Collaboration with Apple so that its an Iphone that can attach Pentax limited lenses.
08-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I think I have an email address for Zaphod Beeblebrox here somewhere if you'd like it.
Sure -- does that go to his left, or right head?

If it's in a filing cabinet in the basement, don't trouble yourself. ;-)

/I still miss Douglas Adams
08-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
Sure -- does that go to his left, or right head?

If it's in a filing cabinet in the basement, don't trouble yourself. ;-)

/I still miss Douglas Adams
Can't put my hands on it right away but I'll try to get back.

And yes, that was (and is) a sad thing. News from Terry Pratchett was tragic, as well. I know his situation entirely too well from my own family.

But we have books and books - they will keep us going.
08-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Can't put my hands on it right away but I'll try to get back.

And yes, that was (and is) a sad thing. News from Terry Pratchett was tragic, as well. I know his situation entirely too well from my own family.

But we have books and books - they will keep us going.
Must admit I know next to nothing about Pratchett, haven't ready any of his stuff. Probably should get around to it, though!

I've read all of Adams' published work, though, barring the Meaning of Liff books. As much as I love the Hitchhiker's series, my favorite was actually the lesser-known Dirk Gently series -- highly recommend them if you've not read them.

/end off topic ;-)
08-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Collaboration with Apple so that its an Iphone that can attach Pentax limited lenses.
Maybe if Apple isn't willing, Pentax could go with Amazon and put the same thing on the kindle.
08-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
I agree, but I would like a 2 stop improvement over the Kx, the Kx is already a two stop improvement over the K-7 :- )

wll
Even if the new K-5 was equal to the K-x it would generate cleaner looking images. Since the "pixels" are smaller the noise will appear as finer grain and be less objectionable. K-x is a little over 1 stop better than the K-7 and significantly better than the K-7 when it comes to DR.

IF the Sony fanboys are right then the new 16MP sensor will be a big step forward. Sony thinks they have a winner with this sensor and it is one of the reasons the A7xx has not been introduced. Sony has been working on this sensor and intends for it to outperform anything else in the APS-C class and rival older FF sensors.

Hopefully we will see a better AF as well.