Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
The only time I think that I might find a tilt swivel screen useful would be awkward macro shots on a tripod. Even then I think a larger screen with good viewing angles is better.

From my experience tilting screens have a lot of bezel and given how rarely Id use the tilting future Id rather have a fixed screen
I have yet to see a proper implementation of Tilt/swivel screen. So better viewing angle would sound good

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
My Samsung Galaxy with super AMOLED has no problem with 80 degree angles. No bluff, you live about 10km from me (I'm in Baarn) so I could show it you personally
Haven't heard about it, but sounds cool

In another tread, it was stated :
"People clamoring for this dubiously-useful novelty (Yeah, there'll be cries about that from those who really like em, but if you really like em, how about a purpose-made accessory you could plug in? ) ...in a weathersealed camera they expect to be smaller, lighter, and under the usual price curve when Pentaxians who'll shell out actually tend to be among the last purists... I dunno, there. I'd rather get my eye closer to the finder I'm carrying an SLR for and make the LCD as good for the inevitable chimping as possible. Ratmagiclady"

Last edited by Jonson PL; 08-28-2010 at 02:25 PM.
08-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the screen on the samsung captivate (my new phone this fall =) ) is amazing, either bluetooth or HDMI tethered shooting would be a dream come true for macro shooting or even events (i shot a graduation recently and did a lot of paparazi type shots).

Android + Pentax = something words cannot yet describe
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fzwo Quote
What would be really great would be some kind of bluetooth adaptor and an app for my iPhone with wireless LiveView, controls and shutter.
Bingo! I vote for BlueTooth also. Then we consumers can pick what we want (if anything), it doesn't lie on Pentax to provide us all with 3,000,0000,000,000,000,000 options that some (but not all) will use, WR is not impacted, and I can stand instead of craning my neck to see what I'm taking a picture of.
08-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #34
Pentaxian

...except that the screen should be tuned to the camera sensor, which is easier for the camera manufacturer to do than for the end-user.

08-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #35
Site Supporter

To me tilt-swivel LCD seems rather pointless really. I mean, we are way into XXI-st century now... Though unlikely but I would like to see camera makers come up with standard wireless protocol that would allow to connect a wireless enabled touch screen device (be it a cell phone, a tablet or whatever else) both to control the camera and to use the screen as a viewfinder. Think of wireless tethering for purpose of camera control and live view...
08-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #36
Veteran Member

lol. Pentax doesn't even have wired tethered shooting for it's latest greatest cameras. It's an absolute pipedream to think they'd do something as innovative and forward thinking as device agnostic wireless tethering.
08-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #37
Forum Member

I actually think a tilting LCD would be more useful in the majority of situations than wireless (or wired) tethering.
08-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
To me tilt-swivel LCD seems rather pointless really. I mean, we are way into XXI-st century now... Though unlikely but I would like to see camera makers come up with standard wireless protocol that would allow to connect a wireless enabled touch screen device (be it a cell phone, a tablet or whatever else) both to control the camera and to use the screen as a viewfinder. Think of wireless tethering for purpose of camera control and live view...
How many hands do you have? I do not own any of the other items you mention, nor do I plan to.

09-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #39
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd hope that the day will come soon when one of those epson storage devices will allow HDMI throughput. That'd be neat, especially if you could mount it on the hotshoe. Didn't Yvon show off some awesome external viewer when K-7 was first launched? Can't remember if it was battery or mains, looked handy as heck though.
09-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #40

Original Poster
will Pentax remain in the game (for me?)

i will visit Photokina in a couple of weeks and have a serious look around for this tilting/articulating option (in my opinion needed for macro etc.)

when i'm sure that Pentax will offer this option in the near future (within a year) i will stick with Pentax (together with my K 1.2 50mm, M bellows an Sigma 5.6 400mm APO)

i will have a look at the Zigview as well;

but i will have a serious look at the 60D as well : almost as waterproof as the K7, with an articulating screen; whoever said that wouldn't be possible?
an alternative is the A55 (similar way of reducing movements: ideally for older lenses)

i found out that both brands adapt Pentax MF lenses with aperture preset

Pentax is still in the game but i start hesitating: dot they keep up with other camera manufacturers?
09-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #41
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
For macro, connect HDMI to your choice of display. It would be really cool to have HD goggles that ran off batteries.

Cheers, Mike.
I wonder

Wrap 920

+ # Wrap Multi-Connector HDMI Adapter: Connects Wrap model video eyewear to video sources equipped with a HDMI connector, such as set-top boxes, video game consoles and Blu-ray Disc players.
Available 2010
09-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Instead of articulated, how about removable, with remote functions, maybe even
with cabled umbilica. Be easier to fix.
09-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #43
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I'd rather be able to plug the camera into my Blackberry as an external screen than have a tilt/swivel screen.
I don't want to buy a blackberry. I'd rather have the tilt and swivel..

09-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by Guss Quote
im orienting towards a new camera (already have an LX and Ist D)

somehow i miss a tilt LCD on Pentax for macro etc.

does anybody know about an upcoming EVIL or DSLR with this option

the additional viewfinder for the K7 costs 400 euro (too much i guess)

thnx for replying
I'm happy to have a screen that's part of a weather resistant body and won't get torn or twisted off by some ham-fisted moron grabbing at my camera. Clocking someone in their face is no consolation for a busted camera body, so I'd rather not go down that road.
09-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Just because the screen is articulated doesn't mean that it can't be moisture/dust sealed. Look at Olympus.