Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
08-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not interested in FF but if Pentax don't substantially upgrade the AF system then I you will see a lot of nice lenses in the for sale section pretty soon after the announcement.

08-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
We don't.

Any credible info needs a credible source, preferably several sources. There is none.
That's what I was thinking. So why's everyone treating this as straight from Pentax or something then?
08-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
K7 is reasonable to buy maybe in US. In Europe new is 1150 Euro (only body!)
I think i'll skip K5 too. And the following 2-3 new bodies!
Pix maniacs can get it for 815€ and foto-erhardt.de for 889
08-22-2010, 02:39 AM   #34
Veteran Member

K-7 = €855 in the UK from a Pentax pro dealer along with a spare battery.

08-22-2010, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #35
Inactive Account

K-5 seems to be a great camera! Thumbs up for Pentax!

FF people: Really, come on, if you really need and want FF you would have changed system allready. It doesnt make sense to wait for it. Just buy the things you need! Cant afford it? Then stick with what you can afford! Simple.....
08-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #36
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote

FF people: Really, come on, if you really need and want FF you would have changed system allready. It doesnt make sense to wait for it. Just buy the things you need! Cant afford it? Then stick with what you can afford! Simple.....
So, you'll be the 1st one to buy K5?
08-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #37

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote

I have no real need for FF, but I have yet to see an upgrade so substantial to justify such a price jump. I mean, look at K20D and K-7, those bodies have almost everything one could wish for at a really good price even when they were brand new.

One could also argue that the pricing policy reflects pentax's endeavour to position itself as another leica - high quality but pricy. Risky move, in my opinion.

I, being an optimist, think that an FF at this price would fabulous news, although as I said, I don't feel any real need to move to FF. For an APS-C camara, the news is not so good.

08-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #38
Pentaxian

the swede: what if... they want FF, but don't want to pay for it? Going with Canikony means they would have to pay. Complaining is free.
I must say, I'm not including all FF fans in this category. In fact, I'm (sort of) a "FF" fan myself, at least I'd like a good "FF' viewfinder. I understand, though, how difficult would be for Pentax to market a "FF" camera (IMO, much more than the 645D) - and, though I'll support them somehow if they'll do it, I won't complain if they won't.
But those who aren't prepared to pay "FF" money, but are saying ridiculous things like how a new high-end APS-C could "bury Pentax"...

Back on-topic. Well, well... it looks like our ogl finally heard something... or maybe not? For now, let's pretend everything he said is true.
"I'm afraid that K-5 can bury Pentax division" - what a load of bull. Pentax really need a high-end APS-C, more than they need a "FF". We can all see how the K-7, otherwise a very good camera, can't truly play this role - only heavily discounted, people here would consider it a good deal.
jct nailed it: "You think everything will be the failure of Pentax." - nothing is good enough for you,

MariusCTM, 1625 euro? Wait for the official price, then decide if it's expensive or not. Why guess a high price, then blame Pentax?

Blende8, a new sensor, higher speed - what on Earth could Pentax do, so you won't be disappointed?

Zevoloc, it should be clear by now: no new Pentax with old (K20D/K200D) bodies. You will have to keep your old camera forever, or decide to a new body. That's life.

Come on, people. Don't shoot the camera maker, he's doing the best he can. And what amazingly good products (even if not perfect)!
If you really need more, please, go. Canikon for sure can satisfy your ever-increasing demands, for a price. Why stay, if Pentax can't? Just for the sake of complaining?

P.S. Yes, I plan to upgrade. Details about the new camera(s) are missing, but I trust Pentax they'll have something for me
08-22-2010, 03:46 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
But those who aren't prepared to pay "FF" money, but are saying ridiculous things like how a new high-end APS-C could "bury Pentax"...
Personally (like in not speaking for others but myself), I am ready and willing to pay FF money (like in USD 2,000 for a camera similar to Nikon D700). In fact, I became that way a year after K10D came out. Still going strong, that little camera... Pentax OTOH keeps not delivering.
08-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #40
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
I think EVIL from Pentax with AF for DA LIMITED is even more important than FF....
BUT...Where is EVIL?

NO EVIL, NO FF....?
08-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #41
Forum Member

@Kunzite: i am not complaining. i would like too see that pentax have 3 bodies in their lineup: KX, KR with top lcd and K5. but i will wait. maybe i will buy second hand k7 or k5 once.
08-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #42
ogl
Banned

Original Poster

"I'm afraid that K-5 can bury Pentax division" - what a load of bull. Pentax really need a high-end APS-C, more than they need a "FF". We can all see how the K-7, otherwise a very good camera, can't truly play this role - only heavily discounted, people here would consider it a good deal.
jct nailed it: "You think everything will be the failure of Pentax." - nothing is good enough for you,
K-5 is not high-end APS-C between all another brands with higher and the same data new cameras...
More important is EVIL from Pentax than FF.

Which cameras bring Pentax good money after K10D?
The answer is simple:
K200D, K-m and K-x.
LOW-END cameras.
K-7 and K20D had much worse sales.

Which camera saved Pentax from full death in the time of *ist?
*ist DL.

Which camera made Pentax steady?
K100D and K10D

The market of high-end APC-S cameras is not Pentax's field.

K-5 will be new *ist D. Good machine with bad price and bad sales...
Who don't care about video - is there any sense to buy K-5?
14.6 vs 16 MP, 5.2 vs 7 fps. No any sense. AF? K-7 has rather good AF.

Just add my 2 cents.

Pentaxian of 2008 is already with Nikon...and I understand Lance B.
http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2008/03/2008-pentaxian-award.html

Last edited by ogl; 08-22-2010 at 04:12 AM.
08-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Boris, I believe Pentax can be "encouraged" to launch a FF camera only if more and more people would buy their high-end products. If the new high-end camera would sell (without huge discounts), maybe... but still, I won't hold my breath. It looks like you did your part, hopefully enough people would to theirs.

ogl, I think you won't buy anything Pentax would make. If they'll make an EVIL/FF, for sure you'd find something else to complain. If it's EVIL, it's not FF. If it's FF, it's not EVIL. If it's EVIL FF, it's not 500$.
And now you're complaining that Pentax doesn't want to be only a bargain DSLR maker Too bad they won't listen to you

Zelovoc, I haven'd said you are complaining. It's just that... we know Pentax gave up on those bodies. I'd say, we'll have to wait a little bit to see the next iteration - but the K-7 body is not that bad, IMO
08-22-2010, 04:20 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Blende8, a new sensor, higher speed - what on Earth could Pentax do, so you won't be disappointed?
I already said, what I want: Stop-down coupler, bracketing button back, better AF, focus bracketing ...
But the full specs are not yet known, so there is still hope ...

Btw. I want FF from Pentax and I would buy it at almost any price.
08-22-2010, 04:23 AM   #45
ogl
Banned

Original Poster

ogl, I think you won't buy anything Pentax would make. If they'll make an EVIL/FF, for sure you'd find something else to complain. If it's EVIL, it's not FF. If it's FF, it's not EVIL. If it's EVIL FF, it's not 500$.)
HOYA would make... Not Pentax. Pentax is just logo and the name of photo division.

Silly post. You know about me NOTHING. And your conclusions are narrow-minded.
I've already tried several systems and have DSLR from Pentax and Olympus.
I've started from Canon 300D, by the way...

I had good Pentax FF lenses, I want to use it at Pentax FF and ready to buy FF.
$2000 is not big money for me.

I'm not interested in APS-C, 'coz this direction of photo development is simply not interested for me AT ALL. I wrote about it MANY times.

I had APS-C camera and I'm happy. EVIL from Pentax is more interesting than APS-C DSLR, if this EVIL will be outstanding.

I simply have no idols like you.

"thou shalt not make thee any graven image"