Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #376
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I can say only one simply thing - K-5 and K-R will be better than new cameras from Nikon, Canon and Sony...

Nikon will show D400 and D5000s later
but...Pentax won't be worse. Just a bit lower than D400...

Last edited by ogl; 08-26-2010 at 08:32 AM.
08-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #377
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I can say only one simply thing - K-5 and K-R will be better than new cameras from Nikon, Canon and Sony...

Geeez, spill the beans if ya know somethin'.. :ugh:
08-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #378
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nikon will show D400 and D5000s - later but...Pentax won't be worse. Just a bit lower than D400...
That's encouraging. I hope they at last reworked the AF system. The 11-points Safox is starting to be a bit long in the tooth. Almost 10 years with small incremental upgrades not enough to be on par with what the competition is offering except at the lowest level now.
08-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #379
Veteran Member

Where's the D800 you were touting in the other thread??

08-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #380
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Where's the D800 you were touting in the other thread??
Come on now, we all know the magic 8 ball isn't perfect!
08-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #381
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Come on now, we all know the magic 8 ball isn't perfect!
I'd settle for consistency before perfection, but consistency is so dull ....

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't know how that fits here but I couldn't resist it. I think I tossed it in hoping that there are a few others would like a change from the endless discussion of speculative specifications, extrapolating those to image quality or business success.

We must smile sometimes ....
08-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #382
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I can say only one simply thing - K-5 and K-R will be better than new cameras from Nikon, Canon and Sony
In what ways? And for whom?

Not all cameras work for all photographers. The K7 is a great street camera, not so much for wildlife.

So making a blanket statement like that is kind of disingenuous.

And a camera is only as good as it's lens line up for some people. Canon and Nikon cannot touch the Limited's, but then Pentax has no current long glass.

Each photographer is going to have to weigh the strengths and weakness of the complete systems available, along with what might become available in the future, and how deeply they are invested in a line before they can say any camera is the "best" or better than any other camera, and that decision will be based on what THEY think is most important to them.

I've got high hopes for the new Pentax. Very high hopes. For me, the K7 wasn't the right camera, but from what's been posted, this new one seems very close. Unless there is a line at the door and I sleep late, I'll probably be one of the first to grab one from my local shop when they finally arrive. If that camera does what I need it to do for the type of photography I do, then for me it might be the best, but for someone else, who knows?

08-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #383
Veteran Member

Seems promising. Nice body like the K-7, turbo high-ISO. Really don't care about the MP count, (Have mercy on the file sizes!)

As long as the AF gets better, finder's good, (Available screen-for-fast-lenses and MF, please?) we're on the right track.

Could be I end up with one of those down the road, though.
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #384
Veteran Member

It's interesting I recall you making a lot of negative Pentax remarks just a week ago.....
08-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #385
Pentaxian

But will the K-5 be better than the existing Nikon top range crop, ie. the D300s?
08-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #386
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Conflicting info

There seems to be some conflicting rumors going around, the people that claim to be in the know seem to throw around some hints here and there. Here is a thought maybe the K-R or what ever it is going to be called and the earlier rumored K7 super are the same camera and it will be using a samsung made sensor. Perhaps a K7 without WR. Similar sensor with improved noise, autofocus, live view, video modes and FPS. Kind of like a K7 lite with improvements. I find it plausible that Pentax is not completely finished with the samsung sensor. Uses LithIon and AA's , AA's in the Grip perhaps(AKA K7). I think the sensor in K20D is excellent if they can improve the noise by a stop that would be incredible.
Can someone confirm that the 12MP sony sensor will be in the K-R?
08-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #387
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
That's plenty of model name range for a more pro K-3 and K-1 then
thatīs it
08-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #388
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I hope they will get the 14MP instead. It will have to compete with the Nikon D3100. In this market MP still sells IMHO.
08-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #389
Veteran Member

thatīs not so untrue
official nikon will show only the 3100 and the other bodys in autumn.
maybe they will changing now.
08-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #390
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
There seems to be some conflicting rumors going around, the people that claim to be in the know seem to throw around some hints here and there. Here is a thought maybe the K-R or what ever it is going to be called and the earlier rumored K7 super are the same camera and it will be using a samsung made sensor. Perhaps a K7 without WR. Similar sensor with improved noise, autofocus, live view, video modes and FPS. Kind of like a K7 lite with improvements. I find it plausible that Pentax is not completely finished with the samsung sensor. Uses LithIon and AA's , AA's in the Grip perhaps(AKA K7). I think the sensor in K20D is excellent if they can improve the noise by a stop that would be incredible.
nope.k-r is not using the k-7 sensor and itīs no k-7 super.
it is more a k-x supersuper