Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #361
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
I would like to see weather sealing on Canon's EF-S range too, especially considering the price of some of them. However this would take away from the L range. Perhaps they need to consider EF-S L lenses.
You promised to show me razor-sharp 100% crops (as if) from your best photos from 7D, but...Nothing. I saw only small (~ 1 MP) your photos from flickr.
If you download 2-3 RAW with your best sharp photos, it will be very much appreciated

09-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #362
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
September 21 - 26. I am considering a trip. It fits into my vacation time.

Does anyone have any spare vouchers?

Sadly but not unexpected, I noticed that Canon and Nikon's spaces dwarf the Pentax stand. How does Pentax compete against these goliaths?
When I went to Photokina in 2006, Pentax had the biggest bags of the show. Everybody was carrying them to collect brochures in.

Wim
09-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #363
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
You promised to show me razor-sharp 100% crops (as if) from your best photos from 7D, but...Nothing. I saw only small (~ 1 MP) your photos from flickr.
If you download 2-3 RAW with your best sharp photos, it will be very much appreciated
That's because i've been out enjoying my photography instead of moaning about lack of high ISO ability and lack of FF bodies on here.
09-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #364
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
There you go:
More and bigger images can be found at Imaging Resource "Comparometer" Digital Camera Image Comparison Page
Also the A560 is about a stop better at high ISO than the A33. If that difference holds we can expect performance up to 1 stop better for the K-5 versus the A55.

A55

K-7
On close inspection although the K-7 is noisier it does retain more detail.

Look at the tiny writing that says Chardonnay, it's more easier to spot on the K-7.

09-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #365

That's because i've been out enjoying my photography instead of moaning about lack of high ISO ability and lack of FF bodies on here.
so no razor sharp photos from 7D ?
09-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #366
Veteran Member

Nope, none; the 7D is the biggest waste of money ever. The sensor is rubbish, the autofocus won't lock on, all my shots are soft, the ergonomics are hopeless, it's not a full frame, i don't have any limited lenses, I view all my shots at 100% and moan endlessly on forums as a result.
09-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
On close inspection although the K-7 is noisier it does retain more detail.

Look at the tiny writing that says Chardonnay, it's more easier to spot on the K-7.
The K-7 has more detail over the A55? Look at the card with the patches of colour, does that seriously look better to you? It looks like a mushy mess compared to the A55!
09-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #368
ogl
Pentaxian

As I understand you can't show me such photos, because you have no it...

09-02-2010, 03:29 AM   #369
Veteran Member

Nope, none; the 7D is the biggest waste of money ever. The sensor is rubbish, the autofocus won't lock on, all my shots are soft, the ergonomics are hopeless, it's not a full frame, i don't have any limited lenses, I view all my shots at 100% and moan endlessly on forums as a result.
This is a depressingly good collection of work, sir.

Fence Or A Railtrack? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
09-02-2010, 03:35 AM   #370
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
As I understand you can't show me such photos, because you have no it...
Yes Ogl, you're correct, all my shots on my 7D are soft, unsharp, useless rubbish. It's a thoroughly crap camera.
09-02-2010, 03:47 AM   #371
ogl
Pentaxian

Yes Ogl, you're correct, all my shots on my 7D are soft, unsharp, useless rubbish. It's a thoroughly crap camera.
You promised me to show. But you can't show now...Why? I don't understand.
I can show you sharp photos from my camera. Easy.

I never say that all your photos are unsharp and soft, because I didn't see your photos bigger than 1 MP. Only very small sizes.
You try to pass the desirable for reality.
09-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #372
Veteran Member

Did you not hear what I said? I have been too busy out taking shots to listen to this nonsense, I have no doubt in the sharpness of my 7D or my K20D. If I have time this weekend, I will indulge this silly chat, until then I suggest this thread remain on topic (apologies to the mods).
09-02-2010, 04:17 AM   #373
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
This is a depressingly good collection of work, sir.

Fence Or A Railtrack? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thanks very much for the feedback .
09-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #374
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks very much for the feedback .
Stunning photos with either camera.
09-02-2010, 05:06 AM   #375
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am reminded somewhat of an evening at a friend's house a few months ago. I am loaning my friend a K100d and teaching her to use it before their first trip overseas. Another friend came over with her 15 year old granddaughter who was making some extra money cleaning this house. She is passionate about photography right now, but seems to feel her life will not be complete until she saves enough housecleaning money to buy a 5D.

The primary hobby of the friend to whom I loaned the K100d is painting in oils. She is thrilled with the camera, and her focus is on the shots, especially shots which may help her paint the same scene. Guess whose photos are more interesting? When I see those lovely shots of Scotland which don't seem to vary with the camera, I think that astrophotography aside, I wonder just how much better our work could be with this next model. (That being said, I'll probably buy it).

Marketing is a wonderful thing. Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion.