Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I think many people would rather enjoy this lens. Considering ti gives FOV of 90/2.8 lens on FF it would be sweet and it would give DA70 good run for the money IMO...
I agree with this. If the price is competitive, it will be a good alternative to the DA70

08-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
tamron is told me that
and sigma has a different thinking about pentax and sr,complete different.
Would you explain the difference in thinking ???

Last edited by glanglois; 08-24-2010 at 03:51 PM.
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kales Quote
That means Tamron will not make Sony/Minolta AF mount, and 4/3 mount as well, just because we have sensor SR??
Maybe,this is only what my Tamronfriend told me days ago
But,the idea with Sony in this game........possible.....itīs Sony........
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Would you explain the difference in thinking ???
Sigma will produce new Lenses for Pentax,including OS.
When they see a reason to produce for K mount,they will do.And they do
Tamron is different,donīt know why.
My Tamronfriend hav no answer about this
Japanese logic.....

08-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

If this is a strategic decision, its been slowly happening for some time. No successor TC for SDM, no successor to the 18-250. Its possible this could backfire, Pentax gets more income from increased lens sales and Sigma sells more as well.
08-25-2010, 03:32 AM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Imho having only Pentax and Sigma (and Zeiss) lenses to choose from would be a significant disadvantage in competition with Canon, Nikon who have their own brand lenses + Sigma, Tamron and Tokina.
08-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #22

There seems to be at least one retailer who expects the new Tamron 70-300 VC USD lens to become available for Pentax. No idea if this is knowledge or just guessed, but at least it's a Pentax trusted dealer.

Tamron SP AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di XLD VC USD Pentax Supertelezoom-Objektiv: Objektiv Preisvergleich - Preise bei idealo.de

08-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Tamron Germany said no to th 70-300 VC with Pentax mount.
Not today and not tomorrow.
But not never.
But i think never.

Best regards,Andy
08-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Sounds like Sony is using its share in Tamron to fight Pentax and trying to push pentax users away by eliminating their lens choices?

I really think some Tamron lenses are really good and cost effective alternatives to pentax lenses.

If that were remotely true then someone needs to let Sony's semiconductor people know so they can stop selling Pentax sensors.

Sony is a whore. They sell anything to anyone. I can not see them telling Tamron to stop selling to Pentax, but continuing to sell sensors to Pentax. If they want to really hurt Pentax they would stop sensor sales.
08-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
If that were remotely true then someone needs to let Sony's semiconductor people know so they can stop selling Pentax sensors.

Sony is a whore. They sell anything to anyone. I can not see them telling Tamron to stop selling to Pentax, but continuing to sell sensors to Pentax. If they want to really hurt Pentax they would stop sensor sales.
Some people don't think much of medium size and big businesses. I was thinking Pentax and Sony might be sharing technology. "Let us buy your sensors at a good price and we will share our shake reduction patents with you."
08-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #26
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

Keeping pentax alive is better than killing it, from Sony's perspective. If Pentax is killed, it's user will easily transfers to C/N. Only few will turn to Sony, and the 2 giants N/C become more huge, Sony is even weaker than N/C than.
08-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #27
Forum Member

Keeping pentax alive is better than killing it, from Sony's perspective. If Pentax is killed, it's user will easily transfers to C/N. Only few will turn to Sony, and the 2 giants N/C become more huge, Sony is even weaker than N/C than.
You're right here!
08-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #28
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
Some people don't think much of medium size and big businesses. I was thinking Pentax and Sony might be sharing technology. "Let us buy your sensors at a good price and we will share our shake reduction patents with you."
Nope, that couldn't happen. It's Konica-Milnota who first introduced sensor shake reduction on DSLR to the industry, at 2004 on Alpha-7D. Pentax followed 2 years later by introducing K100d.
08-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #29
Banned

I think the Tamron 10-24mm zoom was the last K-mount lens Tamron had. At least Sigma still has K-mount versions of their latest lenses.

08-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by cesarechavarria Quote
Sony holds 11.08% of Tamron Co. shares and the two companies have worked together on several Sony-brand lenses.
That co-operation predates Sony's purchase of Konica Minolta's camera division. The Konica Minolta 28-75 and 17-35 were the first fruits of that co-operation and most of the Sony-rebadged Tamron's are hold-overs.

The only real exception is the 18-250, which was never available in a KM version, only as a Sony or Tamron. Of course it _IS_ available as a Pentax DA lens...