Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
So third party lens for PKA will be down to Sigma ,Tammy and Samyang.
Tamron haven't released a Pentax mount lens for ages so I wouldn't bet on them doing anything new.

09-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #137
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
This is similar to saying that Porsches are over-priced because they can't hold 7 passengers.
I think Blue was saying it was overpriced because it's...overpriced.
09-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think you will love to see this image. It is from Wayne Grundy's PhotoTech Blog:
Zeiss Manual focus lenses for DSLRs Wayne Grundy's PhotoTech Blog

09-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Zeiss MF for Sony

Rumor:
QuoteQuote:
"Today I talked to the Zeiss guy at IBC, and he told me that at Photokina they will launch the full MF line of lenses for A-mount (18mm all the way to 100mm (including the 50 1.4), they start with bringing the 100 macro on the market at beginning 2011).
Also, he said Zeiss/Sony will release a new lens at photokina (besides the 24)!!!
He said he couldn't tell me what lens, though he said it's a very big one.
Could this be the CZ 200mm? "
Zeiss Rumors: A complete manual focus lineup in A-mount?

Hmm ...
Perhaps it is now the time to finally buy a Sony FF body?

09-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #140
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Rumor:

Hmm ...

I sometimes wonder if those Zeiss guys are 5 or 10 years behind the times. The are dumping the ZK mount and are going with the A mount. Maybe a larger % of the A guys will by the CZ line than ZK guys, but Sony isn't exactly killing Pentax in the market. This sounds like a decision that was made when the perception was that Sony was way ahead of Pentax in market share. As far as Sony FF goes, there angle as been keeping the bodies affordable. It will be interesting to see if more Sony folks by CZ than the Pentax folks.
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #141
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
Tamron haven't released a Pentax mount lens for ages so I wouldn't bet on them doing anything new.
Its been even longer since the released a pka prime.
09-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #142
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
I have 3 Tamron lenses (no Sigma's) and all are stellar performers.

17-50/2.8 DiII
90/2.8 Macro DiII
28-105 (older FF zoom and a surprising performer all around)

They keep that up, I will do biz with them again. It may be about market share, but not for lack of quality from the brand.
09-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #143
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I have 3 Tamron lenses (no Sigma's) and all are stellar performers.

17-50/2.8 DiII
90/2.8 Macro DiII
28-105 (older FF zoom and a surprising performer all around)

They keep that up, I will do biz with them again. It may be about market share, but not for lack of quality from the brand.
I don't think that was his point. Their current line up doesn't have as many PKA options and is shrinking over time. As far as primes go, the 90mm is it.

09-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #144
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I don't think that was his point. Their current line up doesn't have as many PKA options and is shrinking over time. As far as primes go, the 90mm is it.
That's because Pentax dominates its own sector. Really, only sigma's 30mm has taken advantage of Pentax's lateness to certain prime FL's, and that's only because the 31 Ltd is worth the pice of a 1990 used Ford F150.

Where it really counts is zooms. WA and long teles are where Pentax is actually assisted by the 3rd party brands. IN fact, without them, Pentax would be in a whole heap of trouble.
09-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #145
Veteran Member

Rumor:

Hmm ...
All of the Cosina Voigtlanders and Zeiss MF primes make more sense on a Sony A900/A850 with that beautiful viewfinder than on any current Pentax body.
09-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #146
Pentaxian

Rumor:

Hmm ...
That's interesting and strange at the same time. I always thought Zeiss doesn't release a ZA.0 line (Zeiss Sony Manual Focus) was because of licensing terms.

After all, some ZA.0 lenses do already exist as ZA lens (Zeiss A-mount). Well, it's only the Planar T* 1,4/85 actually which already exists as ZA lens and it wouldn't make sense to re-release this lens as manual focus only. So, why not release all lenses as autofocus then? BTW, Zeiss releases some great zoom lenses for ZA too.

I think it is a pitty that Zeiss doesn't make their lenses autofocus. Can't be that hard, esp. with a simple all mechanical screw gear like for Pentax ... For me, it looks like the ZK/ZF etc. line is a pure hobby project ands the hard work is done for contract work only

P.S.
I know, a manual zoom lens may have a more buttery and solid experience to focussing than an autofocus lens. The Zeiss esp. are fun to focus. But come on, that problem should be solveable, i.e., it should be possible to have both. Esp. with a strong ring type USM motor ...
09-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #147
Inactive Account

Just a funny observation

I was just in the main page of nikonians.org's blog site:

Nikonians News & Blogs: Interviews, Talkshows, News and More

In the upper header area, there is a large flash banner advertising Zeiss lenses, The lens shown is mounted to a Pentax K10/K20D camera! So they seem to care a bit!

EDIT: you may have to refresh the page a few times, as there is also a Photokina banner rotating at the same spot...
09-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #148
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I was just in the main page of nikonians.org's blog site:

Nikonians News & Blogs: Interviews, Talkshows, News and More

In the upper header area, there is a large flash banner advertising Zeiss lenses, The lens shown is mounted to a Pentax K10/K20D camera! So they seem to care a bit!

EDIT: you may have to refresh the page a few times, as there is also a Photokina banner rotating at the same spot...
That could just be promo for the existing ZK stock. However, Sony just unveiled the release of a Zeiss T* AF 24/2 ff/aps-c lens.
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Based on the market situation, the division will focus on SLR lenses from the ZE and ZF.2 series in the future. With production of ZK series lenses for cameras with a K mount set to end in the fall of 2010, some focal lengths will no longer be available. However, the remaining ZK lenses will continue to be offered at unchanged prices while stocks last.
Carl Zeiss Press Release: Fiscal Year Review
09-23-2010, 04:00 AM   #150

.. less and less interest for K mount ... even from Pentax ... pity :-(