Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Digitaltrends: Best Cameras Under $300

Best Cameras Under $300

fta: "It’s great taking your camera anywhere—especially on an outdoors adventure. You can take the $249 12.1-megapixel W90 snorkeling (down to 20 feet), drop it from your hand (from 4 feet), even take it out during a snowstorm. Another cool feature? The camera has special LED lighting so you can take great macro close-ups. The W90 also has a 5x optical zoom, a 2.7-inch screen, takes 720p HD videos and is available in orange, black or green to match your backpack."

Good to see more publicity for the W90. Its in the article's main photo but relegated to the 2nd page of cameras. Still...

08-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Best Cameras Under $300

fta: "It’s great taking your camera anywhere—especially on an outdoors adventure. You can take the $249 12.1-megapixel W90 snorkeling (down to 20 feet), drop it from your hand (from 4 feet), even take it out during a snowstorm. Another cool feature? The camera has special LED lighting so you can take great macro close-ups. The W90 also has a 5x optical zoom, a 2.7-inch screen, takes 720p HD videos and is available in orange, black or green to match your backpack."

Good to see more publicity for the W90. Its in the article's main photo but relegated to the 2nd page of cameras. Still...

I'm gonna get the Pentax Optio sooner or later just so i can take photos in places i dont want to take my K-x, like when i go fishing, to the beach, or camping where its not safe to take my K-x
08-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
I'm gonna get the Pentax Optio sooner or later just so i can take photos in places i dont want to take my K-x, like when i go fishing, to the beach, or camping where its not safe to take my K-x
We might be getting that for a family member that tends to drop his cameras in the river when fishing. I don't know how many electronics he's "Baptized".
09-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
We might be getting that for a family member that tends to drop his cameras in the river when fishing. I don't know how many electronics he's "Baptized".
This is why, for any electronic device i have, i have a lanyard securly attached to my wrist/neck.

I did it once when i was 6 years old with my dads old mini-vhs camcorder and i will never do it again.

09-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
Sorry to mention another brand in this forum, but for water proof camera, do check out the Sony TX5. Its iSweep panorama and hand held twilight mode really work great for a compact camera; and, IMHO, a key difference over other brands. Many places are now selling this for around $300. Its 25mm at the wide end is a bonus as well.