Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
enoeske's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surprise, Az
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,925
Digitaltrends: Best Cameras Under $300

Best Cameras Under $300

fta: "It’s great taking your camera anywhere—especially on an outdoors adventure. You can take the $249 12.1-megapixel W90 snorkeling (down to 20 feet), drop it from your hand (from 4 feet), even take it out during a snowstorm. Another cool feature? The camera has special LED lighting so you can take great macro close-ups. The W90 also has a 5x optical zoom, a 2.7-inch screen, takes 720p HD videos and is available in orange, black or green to match your backpack."

Good to see more publicity for the W90. Its in the article's main photo but relegated to the 2nd page of cameras. Still...

08-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Best Cameras Under $300

fta: "It’s great taking your camera anywhere—especially on an outdoors adventure. You can take the $249 12.1-megapixel W90 snorkeling (down to 20 feet), drop it from your hand (from 4 feet), even take it out during a snowstorm. Another cool feature? The camera has special LED lighting so you can take great macro close-ups. The W90 also has a 5x optical zoom, a 2.7-inch screen, takes 720p HD videos and is available in orange, black or green to match your backpack."

Good to see more publicity for the W90. Its in the article's main photo but relegated to the 2nd page of cameras. Still...

I'm gonna get the Pentax Optio sooner or later just so i can take photos in places i dont want to take my K-x, like when i go fishing, to the beach, or camping where its not safe to take my K-x
08-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member
lurchlarson's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 683
QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
I'm gonna get the Pentax Optio sooner or later just so i can take photos in places i dont want to take my K-x, like when i go fishing, to the beach, or camping where its not safe to take my K-x
We might be getting that for a family member that tends to drop his cameras in the river when fishing. I don't know how many electronics he's "Baptized".
09-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
We might be getting that for a family member that tends to drop his cameras in the river when fishing. I don't know how many electronics he's "Baptized".
This is why, for any electronic device i have, i have a lanyard securly attached to my wrist/neck.

I did it once when i was 6 years old with my dads old mini-vhs camcorder and i will never do it again.

09-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
I'm gonna get the Pentax Optio sooner or later just so i can take photos in places i dont want to take my K-x, like when i go fishing, to the beach, or camping where its not safe to take my K-x
Sorry to mention another brand in this forum, but for water proof camera, do check out the Sony TX5. Its iSweep panorama and hand held twilight mode really work great for a compact camera; and, IMHO, a key difference over other brands. Many places are now selling this for around $300. Its 25mm at the wide end is a bonus as well.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, feet, pentax news, pentax rumors, w90
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SMC-K 300/4 vs Super Takumar 300/4 -- Tripod Mounts, image quality? tendim Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 03-20-2010 09:25 AM
TESTED: Pentax 55-300 vs. Sigma 70-300 vs. Tamron 70-300 falconeye Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 05-14-2009 04:01 PM
Tamron 300/2.8, Sigma 100-300 F4, 1.7 AF TC images: A link to the DPR froum. pcarfan Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 0 02-07-2009 08:48 PM
For Sale - Sold: Quantary 70-300 f4-5.6 LDO Macro (AKA Sigma 70-300 APO) K10Perry Sold Items 6 02-25-2008 09:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top