Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Pentax is not going to abandon SR that would be absurd and suicidal, except maybe for a new micro mount. What I expect more is new WR lenses.
I expected that, too, but have been counseled that we're expecting too much. I certainly would jump at a DA 55-300 WR, at least. I'd spend a rather decent amount for something like a Sigma 17-70 (non-OS, non-HSM) with WR. That's my Swiss Army lens and I'd sell a few bit players to get a star like that.

I've avoided Pentax 17-70mm owing to the SDM, perhaps mistakenly, because the Sigma works quite well for the price. I'd rethink that if the Pentax were WR and I can be assured about the internal focus system.

I've several rants here about Pentax pursuing the outdoor market vigorously. They talked about it a bit back and it came to nothing. Sad. Missed opportunity, if true.

08-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I've several rants here about Pentax pursuing the outdoor market vigorously. They talked about it a bit back and it came to nothing. Sad. Missed opportunity, if true.
That's something I've always wondered about - why not make all of the DA's WR?

I guess there would be less of an incentive to get the DA*'s for the sealing, but I can't imagine that it would cost all that much to add a few rubber seals on the existing line of lenses?