Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Life-changing Samsung NX Camera at Photokina?

According to their press release Samsung is set to unveil a new NX-series digital camera that will “change the lives of creative consumers around the world” and "will take camera industry by storm"

Guys what do you think? Is this information just good advert or Samsung really has a "killer"?

Photo Rumors

08-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Szymon Quote
According to their press release Samsung is set to unveil a new NX-series digital camera that will “change the lives of creative consumers around the world” and "will take camera industry by storm"

Guys what do you think? Is this information just good advert or Samsung really has a "killer"?

Photo Rumors
Well,
They already have some very nice cameras.
The NX100 is rumored to be a compact style camera. I would be interested in it. But they need a new Chip.
They have some patents for Global shutter 12.4 MP chips and one for an interesting 14 MP chip that appeared less than 6 months ago. They could one up Sony if they include more in their compacts.
08-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hope Samsung does make some significant improvement with their NX cameras. I was quite underwhelmed by their NX10 camera. my complaints with NX10 are the EVF, LV are smaller and dark than what I would had wanted. performance is a bit slow as well. eventhough I like a bigger sensor camera, I would prefer either the EP2 and G2 over it. what I like about the EP2 is the compact body and feel (very nice), the G2 for the well-placed EVF present in the body which is missing for the EP2's body (I don't like the placement of the optional VF for the EP2).

Last edited by Pentaxor; 08-30-2010 at 03:22 AM.
08-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think Samsung's camera division is never shy with their hyperbolic self promotion. Here's hoping they deliver this time.

08-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I believe their marketing division moonlight for Dilbert's company.
08-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Life-changing...
Drops the gauntlet...
Game-changer...
raises the bar...
revolutionizes...

Canned marketing speak. Show me the goods and let me come up with my own cliche.

Jason
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The new Samsung will be a camera in NEX style

08-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #8

Photo Rumors

Full-frame mirrorless camera?
08-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Mirrorless/life changing - puh-leese

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
08-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 24X36NOW Quote
Mirrorless/life changing - puh-leese

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mirrorless will change your life!
Sure......every morning,wake up,a look into the mirror,no mirror there
sitting at the hairdresser,check the new look......no mirror......return from the columbia trip......wanna take a line......no mirror........
believe me.....mirrorless will change a lot of lifes
08-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photo Rumors
Nah. With all that carrying on, it's still only "evolutionary", not revolutionary. I"ll pass in that case.

And it won't change any lives. Other than Mr. Park's if something embarrassing happens during the demo. Or perhaps he has coaching from Bill Gates about public demos .....
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

whoops forgot to comment before, this ISN'T a Pentax news/rumor related post!
08-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
The new Samsung will be a camera in NEX style
Samsung would be insane to do that. that style is fugly.
08-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Mirrorless will change your life!
Sure......every morning,wake up,a look into the mirror,no mirror there
sitting at the hairdresser,check the new look......no mirror......return from the columbia trip......wanna take a line......no mirror........
believe me.....mirrorless will change a lot of lifes
Zack, I can't shave without a mirror!
I'm thinking, if the high-resolution, instant view of the bathroom mirror would be replaced by a low resolution, electronic "slide show"... awful. I'd have to zoom in all the time, and my face would be full of cuts - because the razor would always be two steps ahead the image.
No mirrorless for me.
08-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #15

The whole anti-mirrorless thing is a bit like the arrival of digital cameras: back then lots of people were screaming "never" or "no digital for me", but a few years later...