Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 05:08 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I think the leak was about that K-5 is using the same sensor Sony is releasing in their new higher end APSC Exmor HD SLR camera. This sensor to be 16MP was a Sony rumor, I believe to remember. Anyway, it is now confirmed by the SLT55 which has a 16.2 MP Exmor HD APSC sensor. If it turns out that there is another 18 MP Exmor HD APSC sensor, K-7 may feature one or the other. Does it really matter, I mean a 5% difference in linear resolution?
It matters to marketing. It has more, therefore it must be better, right?

09-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
16mpix
Seems like an OK-body, but as Falk said, 24MP minimum, please.

Hope that at least the rest of the specs will materialise. Not sure I could ever trust you again otherwise...
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #63
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by milarmon Quote
What´ll happens if the K-R is the only APS-C and uses the K-7 body and the K-5 is FF with a totally new body and functions??

What if everyone was making supositions like allways and no one knows anything?

What if this thread looks totally stupid but I´m telling you someting that no-one can?

What if...

And I can tell you that I´m not a troll
I think that's the most likely case. People still like to talk though. What ever the next latest and greatest is, you can bet your home that somebody here will be bitching about it the day after it's released. Consequently, they will be lamenting the next model down the road 1.5 years hence. In the meantime, the firmware and feature update list threads will begin. Someone will crawl out of the woodwork to state that even the best Pentax has ever done, cannot touch the other brands.

I've never received an answer to This question. Does a new camera make one a better photographer?

09-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I think that's the most likely case. People still like to talk though. What ever the next latest and greatest is, you can bet your home that somebody here will be bitching about it the day after it's released. Consequently, they will be lamenting the next model down the road 1.5 years hence. In the meantime, the firmware and feature update list threads will begin. Someone will crawl out of the woodwork to state that even the best Pentax has ever done, cannot touch the other brands.

I've never received an answer to This question. Does a new camera make one a better photographer?

I certain that a camera in new fall colours will have no discernable impact on ones photos.

09-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Seems like an OK-body, but as Falk said, 24MP minimum, please.

Hope that at least the rest of the specs will materialise. Not sure I could ever trust you again otherwise...
can trust me.....
09-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

That's absolutely true !

Last edited by Ken T; 09-03-2010 at 06:13 PM.