Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Hopefully, they'll release an "FF" soon - then, everyone would be happy.
Folks will always want "more". Even once Pentax delivers a FF DSLR, people will want better AF...or more fps...or less noise in the high ISO range. And if Pentax comes through with a camera that satisfies all that, folks will want it smaller or cheaper. It'll always be something.

08-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Folks will always want "more". Even once Pentax delivers a FF DSLR, people will want better AF...or more fps...or less noise in the high ISO range. And if Pentax comes through with a camera that satisfies all that, folks will want it smaller or cheaper. It'll always be something.
Otherwise, Pentax wouldn't be able to sell anymore, right?
08-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Otherwise, Pentax wouldn't be able to sell anymore, right?

Of course they would. Even if all the current Pentaxians upgraded to that perfect Pentax DSLR, there's all those Canikon folks who need to be brought out of the darkness and into the light.
08-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
They'll want whatever Canon and Nikon are up to. Good or not. I miss the crispness of the K10D's ccd rendered at 100iso. But everybody else has cmos, so Pentex should to by-golly!

And now Pentax produces just as blurry over-processed 'noiseless' images as everybody else. Progress!

Nevermind FF lenses suffer in resolution on both Nikon and Canon -- Pentax needs to as well!

08-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
Nice quote, but ............ scrapbooking?!
Yes, sceapbooking. My women folk have been using my old film-era pics for cards, facebook, scrapbooking and other such non-professional uses. They don't need the latest and greatest for such uses. The "gotta' have the best" crowd of photographer is very narrow slice of the whole. I have traveled and lived in several states and other countries for 45 years. The number of my "multitude" of aquaintences normal and professional, that care about this discussion are less than 5.

Now, I AM interested and have spent a considerable part of my income on the next "perfect" camera. Only, it never is perfect. But that is a large facter in the "driving" of the developing of new products. But really, not very many of us NEED a new camera but we WANT it anyway. So bring them on! It's exciting to see what's new that we don't need.
08-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #36
Forum Member

One thing I would wish everyone could be wrong about is the assumption that the next thing is an EVIL camera and the only question is whether Pentax will or will not jump on that particular bandwagon. What about a rangefinder? To have the same flange focal distance as an EVIL camera, but with traditional rangefinder focusing ā la Leica M (or, more practically, Contax G), would be great. Unfortunately, I doubt people are wrong in this case.

Last edited by DonDouglas; 08-30-2010 at 07:17 AM.
08-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #37
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by DonDouglas Quote
One thing I would wish everyone could be wrong about is the assumption that the next thing is an EVIL camera and the only question is whether Pentax will or will not jump on that particular bandwagon. What about a rangefinder? To have the same flange focal distance as an EVIL camera, but with traditional rangefinder focusing ā la Leica M (or, more practically, Contax G), would be great. Unfortunately, I doubt people are wrong in this case.
When K-7 came out, engineers who were involved in developing K-7 were interviewed on this Japanese digital photo magazine, and in it, one was quoted as saying that they have been "looking" into EVIL format for "quite some time," but there was not anything that excited the engineers on the market at the time. They just didn't sound too enthusiastic. THey offered the same sentiment in regards to FF. THe time was not right for them, another was quoted on the same article.

Interestingly, one engineer said that they are even looking to film camera, as they think that there will be a revival. Ah, going off topic, so i will shut up.

08-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
The leaked price is wrong for a FF.
One of the current problems in doing those things is the rising Yen. Since May the yen has risen in value by 13% in relation to the dollar and with 20% to the Euro and those rises are still continuing. Hoya reports its profits in Yen and the high Yen negatively affects profit margins for Europe and US sales. My guess is that they will wait with a FF at least until the Yen has stabilized somewhat.
The problem of the rising yen is all too true. And, given the immense trade and government spending deficits, it's likely only to get worse, so that if a Pentax FF depends on a "somewhat" stabilized yen we may have to wait for it a long time.
08-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by milarmon Quote
Do you think I can be more informed, being from a little south american country? we donīt even have a real Pentax representative...
Por lo menos llegasteis a la semifinal en Julio, de manera un poco fea...pero llegasteis

08-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Interestingly, one engineer said that they are even looking to film camera, as they think that there will be a revival.
Apparently it's already happening...in Japan

08-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote

You have no idea:

tokyo camera style

It's ridiculous.
08-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote

No offense but it is Japan. They tend to be more "fashion-foward" than any where else in the world (I know, my wife works in the apparel design industry and has designed for the Japanese market). I highly doubt film will have a significant resurgence in the West.
08-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
I highly doubt film will have a significant resurgence in the West.
Ya never know. I passed two college kids on my way to the parking garage a couple of weeks ago and they were both shooting with old film cameras.
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Interestingly, one engineer said that they are even looking to film camera, as they think that there will be a revival. Ah, going off topic, so i will shut up.
I regularly shoot with analog cameras, Pentax 35mm, old Zeiss Ikon folders, Rolleicord Vb, Fuji G690 BL 6x9 rangefinder. It's lots of fun and the results are often wonderful. It's also very satisfying. Developing a film has a kind of magic to it.
You should check out the image thread in the analog camera forum here. There's some awesome work in there.
08-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #45
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
You should check out the image thread in the analog camera forum here. There's some awesome work in there.
How does one post film or prints on an internet forum?

(Meaning I find it a bit amusing and hypocritical that people preach the virtues of film and then digitize it and end up with a digital file like with a digital camera.)