Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
How does one post film or prints on an internet forum?

(Meaning I find it a bit amusing and hypocritical that people preach the virtues of film and then digitize it and end up with a digital file like with a digital camera.)
I think we should not dismiss scanned film images. I for one am convinced of the quality of scanned film. More often than not the results are very pleasing, even though we are looking at digital pictures again. Film may be almost dead, but I never get the same feeling of joy with 100% digital photography.

Actually I found the old way of photography very refreshing. Last week, on a camera show, I saw the following demonstration of collodion photography (wet plates).

I found the resulting pictures nothing short of magical.

08-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
How does one post film or prints on an internet forum?

(Meaning I find it a bit amusing and hypocritical that people preach the virtues of film and then digitize it and end up with a digital file like with a digital camera.)
Yes, that's a good point. Especially since we know all digital files are created equal. I mean there's really no differences whatsoever between a digital file from a digital compact, an APS-C DSLR, a FF DSLR, a MF format DSLR and a scanned negative. Or between different APS-C cameras. Or between a raw file and a JPG. At all. I guess we should just stop all these discussions about cameras and techniques altogether. It's all digitized analog imagery in the end so it must all be hypocrisy!
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #48
emr

Agnostic, I guess you didn't even try to get my point, but whatever floats your boat.
08-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #49
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by milarmon Quote
Iīm not telling you that I have any info... but... Who knows if the leaked info about the K-5 being aps-c is true? Who can prove that the 16mp info is true? Are you aware that all the info and threads around the K-5 are just hints around that info that suposedly was leaked???

I donīt think that anyone knows what are they talking about... do you think I know anything? Do you think I can be more informed, being from a little south american country? we donīt even have a real Pentax representative...

But... What if???
kick me in the butt if i'm wrong but i believe a slight leak has already stated the K-5 is aps-c 16mp

08-31-2010, 03:34 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kricha6431 Quote
kick me in the butt if i'm wrong but i believe a slight leak has already stated the K-5 is aps-c 16mp
I think the leak was about that K-5 is using the same sensor Sony is releasing in their new higher end APSC Exmor HD SLR camera. This sensor to be 16MP was a Sony rumor, I believe to remember. Anyway, it is now confirmed by the SLT55 which has a 16.2 MP Exmor HD APSC sensor. If it turns out that there is another 18 MP Exmor HD APSC sensor, K-7 may feature one or the other. Does it really matter, I mean a 5% difference in linear resolution?
08-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I think the leak was about that K-5 is using the same sensor Sony is releasing in their new higher end APSC Exmor HD SLR camera. This sensor to be 16MP was a Sony rumor, I believe to remember. Anyway, it is now confirmed by the SLT55 which has a 16.2 MP Exmor HD APSC sensor. If it turns out that there is another 18 MP Exmor HD APSC sensor, K-7 may feature one or the other. Does it really matter, I mean a 5% difference in linear resolution?
No, it doesn't really matter, but it's basically necessary if they want to be considered against the Canon 60D in the mass market.
08-31-2010, 06:24 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
No, it doesn't really matter, but it's basically necessary if they want to be considered against the Canon 60D in the mass market.
Well, there will always be a time when the consumer will say "plenty !" Basically anything beyond 10Mpx has value only for the advanced user (crop and/or large prints)

The iPhone is on the low end of camera phones regarding Mpx and yet it's camera is considered good compared to the competition.

08-31-2010, 06:34 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
You have no idea:

tokyo camera style

It's ridiculous.
Tokyo has a vibrant street arts scene and photography is very much a part of that. There are stores that selling cheap crummy stuff like Lomo cameras, Vivitar digital p&s, dodgy film, and hilarious oddballs like 35mm TLR's. There are film development shops everywhere. I chat with other film camera users all the time. I would say that 645 film cameras are not even rare here.

This is where the world's cameras come from, after all. Would be hard to imagine that happening in a city where people don't cherish the things.
08-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Tokyo has a vibrant street arts scene [...]
This is where the world's cameras come from, after all.
I didn't check lately. But I wonder if Wetzlar has the same vibrant street arts scene then Shouldn't there be people in the street after dawn then
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #55

What if everyone is wrong??
I ask that question to myself every day of my life. Believe me.

...but not about Pentax.

Last edited by jeff knight; 09-04-2010 at 08:12 PM.
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Ok.....
K-3:
35mm sensor
16mpix
7Frames/second
metalbody
110% finder
iso 25-104000
shutter 5min.-1/12000
x time 1/350sec
weight 850gramms
price 1899$
available end of october
only colors are red,pink,yellow,urine yellow and toilet brown
but,you donīt know it from me
09-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Ok.....
Ohhhhhhhhh I'll take one of each!!

Hahaha zackspeed you just summarized every Pentax users' dream
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #58
Veteran Member

what if .........
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #59
Veteran Member

what if .........
I wouldn't even know what to say
09-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Ok.....
K-3:
35mm sensor
16mpix
7Frames/second
metalbody
110% finder
iso 25-104000
shutter 5min.-1/12000
x time 1/350sec
weight 850gramms
price 1899$
available end of october
but,you donīt know it from me

what if .........
Hi Andy,

the specs you made up may represent your dream machine but not mine. I wouldn't be in such desparate need for such fast X-sync but 7.3ĩm pixel pitch is too coarse grain. IMHO, 6ĩm is the current reasonable upper limit for any sensor size, even medium format (6MP/FourThirds, 10MP/APSC, 24MP/FF, 40MP/645D).