Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-5 and KR Specifications

This link was broken, so I'm posting it again:

Pentax K-5 and KR specifications

Update:

Detailed Pentax K-5 specifications
OFFICIAL Pentax K-r specifications (the new body will be called 'K-r', not 'KR' as rumored)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-05-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What is a into-level DSLR as mentioned in the list (bullet points) for the KR

Please fix the typo

PS I've always thought is was entry-level, not intro-level. But English is not my native language so it can be correct.
09-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This link was broken, so I'm posting it again:

Pentax K-5 and KR specifications
Did you see this thread?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/111759-brief-info-about-k-5-kr.html
09-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
are those specs confirmed or just rumours like other speculations on site.

09-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaitanya Quote
are those specs confirmed or just rumours like other speculations on site.
They are 110%.

There are more things to.
09-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #6

I dont see any confirmed official news about the new camera. I guess all of them are rumors for now.
09-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by happygui Quote
I dont see any confirmed official news about the new camera. I guess all of them are rumors for now.
That's true.

Before then, Hoya could declare bankruptcy and liquidate all its assets or just disband Pentax totally.
09-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
That's true.

Before then, Hoya could declare bankruptcy and liquidate all its assets or just disband Pentax totally.
And there could be a fire sale of existing new stocks of K5 and Kr at ridiculously low price to previous Pentax owners or members of this forum. Wouldn't that be great? dreaming obviously

09-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
And there could be a fire sale of existing new stocks of K5 and Kr at ridiculously low price to previous Pentax owners or members of this forum. Wouldn't that be great? dreaming obviously
Are you suggesting that the new cameras would be rejected by the market at large, requiring Pentax to flog the unsold K-R/K-5 inventory at catastrophic "fire sale" prices to existing owners?

I suspect not. But in that case, what did you mean??
09-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

All still speculative, but an educated speculation.
Quite conceivable specs, and hopefully a strong contender in the APS-C market.
09-08-2010, 01:16 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I wonder how cheap the Kx can possibly get, those new specs sound.....eh alright, but for $875 it might get cannibalized, at least initially by the Kx, which is selling for $629 with the DAL 55-300!!

The Kx first showed up on the scene at 650 right? in order to warrant a $225 price increase they better do something incredible, and even 1920x1080 video with manual control and selectable frame rates isn't going to cut it for me

maybe WR and full HD and selectable frame rates and a battery grip and a mic input and focus points and dual e-dials and a dedicated ISO button and an AF assist light might be enough to warrant $875, but still I can't believe the cost of entry for a Pentax DSLR would be so high to start with! especially when Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus all have large sensor interchangeable lens systems, SLR or not, hovering around $600 MSRP
09-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote

PS I've always thought is was entry-level, not intro-level. But English is not my native language so it can be correct.
You're right. 'Intro-level' is just plain ugly.
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
I wonder how cheap the Kx can possibly get, those new specs sound.....eh alright, but for $875 it might get cannibalized, at least initially by the Kx, which is selling for $629 with the DAL 55-300!!

The Kx first showed up on the scene at 650 right? in order to warrant a $225 price increase they better do something incredible, and even 1920x1080 video with manual control and selectable frame rates isn't going to cut it for me

maybe WR and full HD and selectable frame rates and a battery grip and a mic input and focus points and dual e-dials and a dedicated ISO button and an AF assist light might be enough to warrant $875, but still I can't believe the cost of entry for a Pentax DSLR would be so high to start with! especially when Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus all have large sensor interchangeable lens systems, SLR or not, hovering around $600 MSRP
The intro pricing of cameras is always old news. Not a factor in pricing the next generation. Don't worry about last year.

Current pricing must be determined by the current market - how the product and supplier stack up against the competitive offers.

We'll not know about that until all the new products are:

* Formally announced with firm specs.

* Tested thoroughly to determine the value of those specs. For example, the way the Sony a55 implements their "headline spec" of 10 and 6 fps would rule out that burst mode entirely for many photographers. Leaving 3 fps. Not quite so exciting after all. But it certainly grabbed a lot of positive comment at first.

Only when all the data are in will we see a stable street price.

MSRP is of interest only to retailers, reviewers, and those who cannot wait a few months. Alas, I've been in that last group. No fun at all .....
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
Veteran Member

All good points, I really just can't imagine Pentax not having a DSLR for around 600 bucks

I'm hoping there's an announcement tomorrow, I'm downsizing and just sold my K7 and am looking for a cheaper dslr
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
They are 110%.
So, you're saying these specs are exaggerations?