Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Anyway, I've a few Fuller's porter in the fridge and intend to open one directly I log off. Should follow the IPA nicely with pudding. Which brewer was lucky enough to receive your custom, notIan?
Beamish, actually. Cheaper than Guinness and a lot tastier. The trick is finding a pub with enough sales to keep it fresh. But I have no problems at all finding good pubs. It's a life skill.

09-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
That's why God created eBay and Chinese knock-off markets
I knew there had to be a reason.
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
The K-r looks to right the few wrongs that plagued the K-x, and gradually improves everywhere else. The cheap primes also looks like a winner, can't wait till the 9th!
What's this about cheap primes? Don't mean to take the thread off-topic, but I can't find any other info on these on the forum or google ...
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dubesor Quote
What's this about cheap primes? Don't mean to take the thread off-topic, but I can't find any other info on these on the forum or google ...
There's a rumored 30-35mm f/2-2.4 prime set for release in the next couple of weeks. It's supposed to be around $199.

09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
There's a rumored 30-35mm f/2-2.4 prime set for release in the next couple of weeks. It's supposed to be around $199.
Holy moly, that's exciting. If it's roughly on the same IQ level as the Sigma 30/1.4, I'm in. Especially if it's smaller.
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #81
Pentaxian

The corresponding rumour:

For tomorrow: Pentax K-r, DA 35mm f/2.4 AL lens and two Optio cameras | Photo Rumors
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Beamish, actually. Cheaper than Guinness and a lot tastier. The trick is finding a pub with enough sales to keep it fresh. But I have no problems at all finding good pubs. It's a life skill.
While we're waiting for real news ......

I get Beamish stout at the local supermarket but have not enjoyed their porter. One more thing for the trip checklist ..... Thanks!

09-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Infrared Data transmission, that's interesting.....

Maybe its part of a flash system upgrade
09-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
If its F/2.4 I'd consider it a failure IMO...

C'mon pentax, a 35mm as slow as that? Why????? Thats just plain stupid.

They have the FA 35mm F/2 ready to go, all it needs is a new body and they would have sold thousands upon thousands assuming the price was right (this $400+ BS with the used FA's is pretty irritating).
09-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote

Not everyone needs a lens faster than f/2? *shrug*

Assuming that the price is right (less than $200) I think it'll still sell very, very well. Especially if it's small and lightweight. A lens doesn't have to have a certain aperture to be a success or a failure. People who post here aren't likely to be the target market for this lens.
09-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #86
Veteran Member

take a look at the da40, thats a 2.8 and its one if the most sold lens today.
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Yeah, but IMO that has to do more with the price (considering the Ltd tag) than the 2,8 aperture...
We still need a cheap 30ish prime
09-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote

They have the FA 35mm F/2 ready to go, all it needs is a new body and they would have sold thousands upon thousands assuming the price was right (this $400+ BS with the used FA's is pretty irritating).
Fully agree on this.
Producing a lens of 35mm focal length that is f/2 or faster is not something new. Heck Sony just announced a 35mm f/1.8, so why can't Pentax?

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Not everyone needs a lens faster than f/2? *shrug*

Assuming that the price is right (less than $200) I think it'll still sell very, very well. Especially if it's small and lightweight. A lens doesn't have to have a certain aperture to be a success or a failure. People who post here aren't likely to be the target market for this lens.
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Well the DA 40mm Limited is a fine lens and it sells a lot because it is the cheapest DA Limited and because of the novelty of being very compact. But once one gets over the novelty of small size, the limitations of a prime lens of f/2.8 maximum aperture are pretty obvious.

To me it is stupid for Pentax to continue to churn out DA series lenses that are not faster than the current f/2.4 found on the DA 70mm Limited. The novelty of compact size for the DA range of prime lenses wears thin pretty quickly when you realize that there are already f/2.8 zoom lenses and when you need a maximum aperture that's faster that what a good zoom can offer. Having f/2.4 or f/2.8 for a dedicated prime lens just doesn't cut it imo. Where is the speed advantage in terms of maximum aperture?
09-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #89
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Murphy is not bad either.
09-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #90

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Infrared Data transmission, that's interesting.....

Maybe its part of a flash system upgrade
IR for data transmission to your PC is so 2001 (and far too slow).

Now if they went with in-camera WiFi for your PC and emulated PW for the flash, that would be another matter.