Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
new announcements?

Hi Everyone.
I am thinking of buying a Olympus pen 2 camera as a small take anywhere back up camera but I would hate to spend all that money and have pentax introduce some new must have lens for my k7. I keep hearing Sept 9 as a an announcement day. Will they show us everything new then or wait for the big photokina show at the end of the month.
Or do I have everything wrong?
Thanks.
James.

09-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Moved to rumors. Supposedly, we'll indeed hear something official on Thursday.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamescp Quote
Hi Everyone.
I am thinking of buying a Olympus pen 2 camera as a small take anywhere back up camera but I would hate to spend all that money and have pentax introduce some new must have lens for my k7. I keep hearing Sept 9 as a an announcement day. Will they show us everything new then or wait for the big photokina show at the end of the month.
Or do I have everything wrong?
Thanks.
James.
My guess is, that Pentax will want to announce its higher model (K-5) after will Nikon announce D7000. We'll see soon.
09-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Official Pentax K-5/KR Accouncement

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Watch this space!

Depending on certain things I may be able to provide something later on....if im given and allowed!
09-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Watch this space!

Depending on certain things I may be able to provide something later on....if im given and allowed!
Interesting... I'm expecting the same BUT I won't disclose anything before the official embargo date. I REALLY want to give Hoya/Pentax their 5 minutes of fame
09-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Interesting... I'm expecting the same BUT I won't disclose anything before the official embargo date. I REALLY want to give Hoya/Pentax their 5 minutes of fame
Lol, nah I want the glory! hahaha.

Actually I've checked, i'm pretty sure I was one of the first on here to leak the name of the K-x replacement, ie the K-R.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/108950-i-have-good-fee...ml#post1127841

and the response

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/108950-i-have-good-fee...ml#post1127845

09-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #8

Great, a cookie for you. No glory.
I think is good they kept the info until the desired date, I'm sure there's a good reason, as i am sure some of the members here already know a lot about the camera/s. Congrats to them for keeping the confidential info provided by whoever for themselves. Good luck to all who plan to buy new Pentax model, i hope it suits your needs.

Last edited by StepOne; 09-08-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: too short and void :)
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Finally! got it!

09-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Ok

Well here ... enjoy peeps!

http://tinyurl.com/pentaxk5official
09-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

So the take away is that Pentax is going to be putting a "?" at the end of their camera names, to express the endless possibilities of photography and art. It makes sense, considering the former use of the "*" at the beginning of the name
09-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #12
Veteran Member

LOL!

BTW, it's been 9 September 2010 for a few minutes in Japan now. I'm growing impatient...

Wim
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Drat!

I was expecting an official Pentax announcement - but all I got was an official Pentax Forums announcement that announces the future availability of the official Pentax announcement later.

All that adrenaline rush for nothing!

OTOH, that may be the most exercise I'll get all day. Justifies another donut.
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #14

So K-r is on the way for sure, but don't know what to say about k-5. Was just bored and went on Pentax website and did some logic deductions...if existing models have dedicated websites, the new ones should also have. For k-7 website is デジタル一眼レフカメラ:PENTAX ... so i replaced k-7 with k-r, easy. And guess what, username and password required, "secret area". Did the same for k-5, no such page.
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
So K-r is on the way for sure, but don't know what to say about k-5. Was just bored and went on Pentax website and did some logic deductions...if existing models have dedicated websites, the new ones should also have. For k-7 website is デジタル一眼レフカメラ:PENTAX ... so i replaced k-7 with k-r, easy. And guess what, username and password required, "secret area". Did the same for k-5, no such page.
Nicely done.

Given the recent announcements (Nikon 3100 etc.) I wouldn't be surprised to see the semi-pro/higher end announcements to come closer to or after Photokina.

I would expect to see something with regards to the K-R relatively soon though.