Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #211
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
You can have two in the center. A large and a spot one.
Could you elaborate on this idea?

09-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #212
Forum Member

the upcoming K5 is an exciting revelation.

the K7 entered the speed domain, with respectable FPS rates, but at times I had been a little undergunned with the 5.3 FPS rate. It however displayed that Pentax was soon to arrive at competition "Pro" speed levels.

at the rumored 7-8 FPS rate, The K5 will certainly keep pace with beasts from Nikon and Canon weighing 2-3x the weight.

From what I have gathered, the K5 should be near identical in size to the K7, so my specialized custom housings will still fit for my water use.

exciting times await, only a few more days until the official announcement.

cheers!
09-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #213

My big question is when is the Full frame coming out!
09-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #214

Is it just me or does anyone else think the picture and specs are suspect? Even Christopher M.W.T, the guy who started this thread is not sure what to think.

Just look at the side by side comparisons...
Speculated Photo and Specs Leaked of the Pentax K-5 | Helablog

I truly hope this is for real as it looks (at least on paper) like one smoking camera.

09-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #215
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doc.mark.dimo Quote
at the rumored 7-8 FPS rate, The K5 will certainly keep pace with beasts from Nikon and Canon weighing 2-3x the weight.
Isn't it wonderful?

I knew of the D700's needs for 8 FPS, and it never really bothered me(I figured I'd get the grip if I needed it). But when I read that the K-5 would do this given it's compact size and weight, I was completely mesmerized.

These are indeed exciting times for the K camp.
I'm still on egg-shells with respect to ISO performance, but if its even close to the Kx, I think I could forgive them and accept the trade-off.
09-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
imo is a fake-price-reverse-psych teaser... the collective sigh of relief will sell a lot of cameras when they announce the lower msrp, I'm jus' sayin'.
I agree. There's more than one red herring in this rumour. Still, I'm kinda amused by the way that these rumours are jerking us around....

QuoteQuote:
How much would you expect to pay for this? $2000? $1699? ... but wait, there's more! Order now and you'll get a bonus Shamwow absolutely FREE!
09-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #217
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NonBeleiver Quote
Is it just me or does anyone else think the picture and specs are suspect? Even Christopher M.W.T, the guy who started this thread is not sure what to think.

Just look at the side by side comparisons...
Speculated Photo and Specs Leaked of the Pentax K-5 | Helablog

I truly hope this is for real as it looks (at least on paper) like one smoking camera.
To date, there are three known differences between the two bodies:

1. The mode dial
2. The AF switch
3. The front dial

Additionally, I've examined the high res. image very closely and wasn't able to find any signs of editing. Granted, it's possible to conceal edits with enough care and effort. Though with the best of my abilities, I was not able to perceive any tampering in the image.

My take on it is that the probability of the image being real is: 85-90%
As for the specs? well... they do seem a little to good to be true imo.
But that shouldn't stop us from enjoying them should it?

I don't know about the rest of you guys(Pentaxians), but I'd much rather be enjoying myself than feeding the doom and gloom in times like these.

09-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #218

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
I agree. There's more than one red herring in this rumour. Still, I'm kinda amused by the way that these rumours are jerking us around....
I don't really care about price as much as I do features, just like the Canon high end Nikon high end, I think Pentax needs to head that route too! we need cameras for the hobbyist and cameras for the industry folks! just like the 645D the price is geared for the industry pros, but yet affordable at 9-10 thousand dollars.
09-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #219
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
A K10, now a K20 user I couldn't pull the trigger on the K-7 because I just couldn't justify the expense for what seemed the lack of upgrade. The Nikon D700 was calling me, but I couldn't afford that switch.

Now this K5 seems like the ticket. If the focusing and low light (high ISO) performance tests come back anywhere near the D700, I'm in.... selling toys, whatever. I'm ready for an upgrade...

Fingers crossed, oh- say it is true Pentax!

John
09-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #220
Veteran Member

I'll be saving for whatever is coming. My K200 has served me well, and I tried to break from it with a K-x but failed: I need "more". If the suggested specs are even close to being true... I'd be happy. Saving my pennies now, just in case.
09-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #221
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It all sounds nice and lots of improvements for Pentax but nothing particularly new that Sony, Canon or Nikon hasn't offered. In keeping with the K-7 surprises, I think that Pentax is keeping the real good stuff under wraps until the official unveiling. Alternatively, maybe the "new" is what the expandable ISO is all about; new technology? I hope it is not just like the old pocket camera's and the digital zoom. A gadget that ruins quality and normally is left off. Pentax is above that, I think.
09-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #222

QuoteQuote:
I don't know about the rest of you guys(Pentaxians), but I'd much rather be enjoying myself than feeding the doom and gloom in times like these.
I agree.

I hate to sound somewhat negative...you know the ol' addage, "If it sounds to good to be true?".

Just hate to be disappointed.

That site has a point, why would LensTip, where the pics first originated, take the photo down?

Anyways lets just cross our fingers.
09-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #223
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
While everyone beats each other up....I'm getting more excited about the K5 with each passing day. If Pentax got the ISO right, and everything else is as good as the K7...or better, what is not to like? My K20D has been a great and dependable camera, it has built my confidence in Pentax, and I am betting that the K5 will continue that trend. There are lots of cameras out there.....if I was not happy, I would just buy one of the others......no point in whining about a rock in your shoe, just stop and take it out, how hard is that?
Regards!
I'm with you. Just a few weeks ago I was declaring that I would hold out for a FF body, but these rumoured specs have put paid to that!
09-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
If the new camera has these features on top of the many features already on the K-7 I would be very interested in upgrading from my K10D.

Can hardly wait till news releases to see what we actually get.

I'm with you. I'm sitting with a reasonably loved K10 and looking for credible evidence that it will take better photos than the K10.

To me, I'm looking for improved dynamic range and higher ISO's
09-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #225

Personally, I am surprised that Pentax is releasing a new flagship so soon. Maybe I am alone on this, but I would have thought SDM II could be a more lucrative technology. Considering the issues that surrounded the K7 (of which I got to experience first hand) I would be reluctant to rush off and buy a k5.

As it is I have been holding off on my lens purchases hoping that Pentax would officially address the issues with the SDM... What good is ISO 4 Billion if you can't focus?