Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #391
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Can we please avoid this term in the forum please?

It sounds ok but everybody understands that it is meant to mean *ssho**. We're all photographers.
Lol it's a good term though.

There are quite a few people here who seem to profess they know more than the camera companies yet do nothing more than whinge.

09-14-2010, 03:42 AM   #392
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
There are quite a few people here who seem to profess they know more than the camera companies yet do nothing more than whinge.
That's certainly true. But name calling doesn't help. You still need an argument when argueing. Or ignore the post (or poster).
09-14-2010, 03:44 AM   #393
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
Yet another idiotic statement by an armchair expert. I refer you to my 7D ISO 6400 100% crop over on this thread (which I noticed the 7D bashers on this board have chosen to ignore):

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/113314...ml#post1167826

You will also find ISO 3200 shots by Pingflood here.
Indeed, armchair experts.

The 7D has the best APS-c sensor to date (and 550D....is that the same?....now the 60D also)
I think the K-5 will be up there.... If it beats the 7D I will be very impressed.
The K-x exhibits slightly better noise, but with less detail, considering the MP difference.
09-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #394
Pentaxian

But name calling doesn't help. You still need an argument when arguing. Or ignore the post (or poster).
+1

In particular "ignoring" is an underused response.
(Not excluding myself with this criticism, but I'm working on it...).

09-14-2010, 04:17 AM   #395
Veteran Member

That's certainly true. But name calling doesn't help. You still need an argument when argueing. Or ignore the post (or poster).
With absolutely all due respect Falk, I'm not name calling (apologies if it came across that way) but I absolutely object to complete misinformation particularly when totally disproven with solid fact.

If I was to post "man the K-5 sucks at high ISO", I'm sure there would be backlash. For the record, I think the K-5 is going to be tremendous, particularly as a travel body given it's size and suspected weight.
09-14-2010, 04:34 AM   #396
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
The 7D has the best APS-c sensor to date
Does it now? I think you'll find almost everyone here will disagree with you.

So does DXO:

DxOMark - Compare sensors

One of the worst current gen sensors. Or did you think megapixels = better?
09-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #397
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are right though.

09-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #398

The 7D has the best APS-c sensor to date (and 550D....is that the same?....now the 60D also)
I think the K-5 will be up there.... If it beats the 7D I will be very impressed.
The K-x exhibits slightly better noise, but with less detail, considering the MP difference.
what are you smoking ?
09-14-2010, 05:40 AM   #399
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
In any case many journalists have jumped on the chance to send video back with their stills for the evening news. It saves the broadcaster an extra person in the field.
I'm questioning this. As I found out by myself while you take video, you cannot take pictures (actually some Canon models allow you to take a picture during video but then it cuts the video, not good for professional coverage). When video will have enough resolution that you can take a frame from it as a still pictures things will be different, but up to now the highest it can do is about 2MP.

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski:
The 7D has the best APS-c sensor to date
Yes an no. If we go by the DXO numbers, it has a very good control of high ISO noise but colors (K-7 beats it) and dynamic range (K-x soundly beats it) are not amongst the best. Resolution which is not tested by DXO (a pity because it should make into the overall score) is probably the best due to the pixel density.
09-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #400
Veteran Member

I don't think anyone will dispute the DR ability of the K-x sensor, it's truly awesome and according to the DxO results, better than the DR of the Nikon D3 and 5D Mk 2. However, that is only part of the equation of a DSLR; the rest of the K-x as a whole is no use to me.
09-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #401
ogl
Banned

It's funny...As for me, 7D has the worst APC-S sensor. I've tested RAW from 7D with DCRAW and compare with GX20....
GX20 is much better at ISO1600.
09-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
In any case many journalists have jumped on the chance to send video back with their stills for the evening news. It saves the broadcaster an extra person in the field.
Which has some really negative impact: At large number of the news reports I watch on TV these days are a pain in the eyes of a photographer: Focus is almost always wrong, mostly focus is on the background and the person being interviewed is severely blurred

Last edited by gazonk; 09-14-2010 at 07:55 AM.
09-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #403
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Which has some really negative impact: At large number of the news reports I watch on TV these days are a pain in the eyes of a photographer: Focus is almost always wrong, mostly focus is on the background and the person being interviewed is serverely blurred
That's something the producers and directors need to get after them about.
09-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #404
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's funny...As for me, 7D has the worst APC-S sensor. I've tested RAW from 7D with DCRAW and compare with GX20....
GX20 is much better at ISO1600.
I take it you didn't read my thread blowing your myths out of the water, no? You could take the time to read it since you badgered me to provide crops.
09-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #405

QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
I don't think anyone will dispute the DR ability of the K-x sensor, it's truly awesome and according to the DxO results, better than the DR of the Nikon D3 and 5D Mk 2. However, that is only part of the equation of a DSLR; the rest of the K-x as a whole is no use to me.
And then people wonder why I don't and will never trust software sensor analysis such as DxO...
DR in Kx is good, OK, but find it better than the actual best FF camera... And compared to a MF, Kx is still winner?