Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Image of K-5 Leak

Like we expected, it's almost identical to the K-7 (which is a great thing).

The mode-knob looks quite a bit taller though.

09-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Handsome, just like the K-7.

There's been a lot of Full-Frame speculation on the K-5. After seeing this, There are 3 possibilities:

1. The K-5 is not FF.

2. Pentax made a mistake and put the 18-55 on it instead of a real FF lens.

3. Someone photoshopped a K-7.

My money's on #1.
09-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote

There's been a lot of Full-Frame speculation on the K-5. After seeing this, There are 3 possibilities:

1. The K-5 is not FF.

My money's on #1.
I think it's well established that the K-5 is not full-frame.
09-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #4

True but we can keep hoping

09-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote

1. The K-5 is not FF.

My money's on #1.

3. No. There are some differences.
09-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I for one hope that the body design of the Pentax K-5 is practically identical to the K-7 for the following reasons.

1. That would mean that the engineers could spend more time on working on the insides of the cameras instead of the outside.
2. I really like the size, feel, and grip of the K-7. It's like a sexy little rough mean get out of my way kind of a body.
3. I am REALLY hoping that I can use the same grip on the K-5 from my K-7 and that the batteries are the same as well.

One thing I REALLY hope they do change though is the location of the RAW button on the camera body. Or get rid of it all together. I am not sure if it is just the way I hold it or what, but I am CONSTANTLY hitting that button and unknowingly shooting RAW when I typically refer JPG and then wonder why my memory card fills up so fast. Just in a really bad spot when holding the camera and the way the strap tends to lay and push against it.
09-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #7

the reflection is photoshopped in that image - possible the mode knob has been too - so it could just be a k-7

hope it is the same grip and battery as the k-7 though - then when i get this might get the grip too and can use it with my k7 aswell

09-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Specs of the K-5 - looks authentic => Pentax K-5 Looking Like Quite The Spartan The Phoblographer
09-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #9

Just like K10D/K20D, share the same body, different in sensor. I like the feel of K-7!
09-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Just realized these specs were posted on this very forum by Chris M.
If these specs are true, a significant boost in both high-ISO and AF performance would entice me to plop down $1699...
09-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Veteran Member

It's apparently real...

QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote

Like we expected, it's almost identical to the K-7 (which is a great thing).

The mode-knob looks quite a bit taller though.
Pentax K-5 DSLR leaks out, leaves us guessing at the specs -- Engadget

I hope they left some room for our noses...

Cheers,
Cameron
09-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Seriously... am I the only one who thinks this is not an official image?

Bad photoshop job (I could easily find the editing marks and the source images on Google). But, on second thought, it is entirely possible that Pentax marketing is so bereft of funds that they'd just photoshop a (larger) K-5 logo over a K-7 if the bodies are identical...

In that case, next time they should just accept that the SR logo got washed out in the K-7 shot... that's the most obvious part (aside from the reflection, which lenstip might've added).

Last edited by panoguy; 09-10-2010 at 11:10 AM.
09-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #13
emr

Seriously, how many true leaks during the last years have been judged as bad photoshopping? Like the DFA 100mm WR picture, which had dozens of people saying it was a fake. I'm 99% sure that's a genuine picture considering the miniscule differences from the K-7: mode knob, AF switch, front wheel. Of course it looks partly unnatural because it IS photoshopped, by Pentax like the previous similar pictures.
09-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It may be a small factor for some, but to me the big plus for keeping the same body/grip design would be the fact that I would be able to keep my Kirk tripod ballhead body and/or grip plates. Those things aren't exactly cheap for something that is so basic in their purpose, yet oh-so-necessary!

I'm not looking to replace my K7 this moment, and I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. Perhaps in another year when the prices go down...
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The 5 is photoshopped into this photo of the K-7: just zoom in a bit and you'll see pixelation and misalignment. Here's what's more probable: Pentax K-5 specifications.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: