Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Perhaps a good move for Pentax would be to bring out a FF EVIL camera? With full support for all existing Pentax lenses? Thoughts?
I had the same wet dream last night.

seriously, I thought of this for a while now. which isn't really that far from reality and is a lucrative move. just imagine an even bigger and brghter VF and LV. just wow.

09-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Come on, Pentax already gave Leica a run for its money with the 645D (the Leica S2 uses practically the same sensor, at 2x the price); we don't seriously expect Pentax to give the Leica M9 a run for its money too...? (The M9 is fullframe but it does not allow for Live View, which is a pity because it would have been a dream camera to use with FF lenses and adapters if its price was not so high...)

Seriously: I'd rather have a Pentax FF EVIL than a FF DSLR. DSLR's are on a dead end IMHO.
09-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
. . .
Seriously: I'd rather have a Pentax FF EVIL than a FF DSLR. DSLR's are on a dead end IMHO.
When it comes to viewfinders, I fail to see why people would not rather 'see' what they 'see' rather than have someone draw them a picture of it.
09-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
When it comes to viewfinders, I fail to see why people would not rather 'see' what they 'see' rather than have someone draw them a picture of it.

At least the EVIL is WYSIWYG. That cannot be said from our current viewfinders.

09-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #50
Site Supporter

At least the EVIL is WYSIWYG. That cannot be said from our current viewfinders.
Actually, What it thinks it saw a spit second ago is what you get.
09-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Actually, What it thinks it saw a spit second ago is what you get.
Even our brains are not fast enough to capture the action at the right moment
09-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #52
Site Supporter

Even our brains are not fast enough to capture the action at the right moment
True, but our brains still have to process what the EVF or LCD shows us.
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #53
Pentaxian

True, but our brains still have to process what the EVF or LCD shows us.
Actually I had the idea to use a wireframe finder (attached to the hot-shoe) for fast action. Hopefully the camera does the rest

09-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Actually I had the idea to use a wireframe finder (attached to the hot-shoe) for fast action. Hopefully the camera does the rest
smart idea. Pentax needs a people like you. no pun intended. maybe a pun for Pentax.
09-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
emr

Come on, Pentax already gave Leica a run for its money with the 645D (the Leica S2 uses practically the same sensor, at 2x the price); we don't seriously expect Pentax to give the Leica M9 a run for its money too...? (The M9 is fullframe but it does not allow for Live View, which is a pity because it would have been a dream camera to use with FF lenses and adapters if its price was not so high...)
Asahiflex, I don't know if you were serious or not, but I think that a cheaper option for the M9 would be a brilliant move from Pentax. A compact, responsive FF K mount mirrorless (or pellicle) camera that would put the FA and some DA limiteds in good use. Can you imagine such a camera with the DA 40mm ltd or FA 43mm ltd? I'd be standing first in line for that one, provided they would not screw it up somehow and the price would be below $2000.
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Asahiflex, I don't know if you were serious or not, but I think that a cheaper option for the M9 would be a brilliant move from Pentax. A compact, responsive FF K mount mirrorless (or pellicle) camera that would put the FA and some DA limiteds in good use. Can you imagine such a camera with the DA 40mm ltd or FA 43mm ltd? I'd be standing first in line for that one, provided they would not screw it up somehow and the price would be below $2000.
Yes, I was dead serious. Heck, I would buy two at your suggested price! It would definitely put Pentax back on the map. Not a 'me too' product but something completely unique. There does not exist a FF EVIL as of yet (not that I know) but if Hoya has the guts to make such a camera... Actually I expect Cosina to do just that. They made superb manual cameras like the Bessa R and Bessaflex TM. I'd like to see them to do the same with a FF sensor. I'm still hoping...
09-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
smart idea. Pentax needs a people like you. no pun intended. maybe a pun for Pentax.
Apparently such a finder already exists. For BIF shooting a la COD: Modern Warfare (link provided by a fellow Dutch Pentaxian):

Gadget.brando.com
09-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Apparently such a finder already exists. For BIF shooting a la COD: Modern Warfare (link provided by a fellow Dutch Pentaxian):

Gadget.brando.com
Haha. That's pretty darn funny! For long range birding, you can use the Acog attachment and when shooting indoors, one can use a silencer to quiet the shot! :-P
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Hey, I don't have to write my response, you already did. 8)

Agreed. The SLR had three strengths: a bright, accurate viewfinder; a competent set of controls; and a good size. Now the DSLR is a all-things-to-all-people device that *always* lacks at least one of the above advantages.

I wonder what Ricoh is up to.
09-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #60
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
I wonder what Ricoh is up to.
You think they might have an ace up their sleeve? I'm afraid they're concentrating on those strange modular cameras where the lens and the sensor are in one package. And which BTW are IMO bound to fail, even though they were an interesting experiment.