Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #151

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The managers from stand of Pentax say that no any FF in the next 2 years. No any plans. No new FF lenses to make. "Buy 645D!!!".
By the way, is there any interview of a Pentax rep. or manager telling us what's going on that we can read somewhere ?

09-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #152
Veteran Member

The managers from stand of Pentax say that no any FF in the next 2 years. No any plans. No new FF lenses to make. "Buy 645D!!!".
Assuming that's accurate, they're digging their own grave. If they take another 2+ years to come out with a FF dSLR, I'll be surprised if their dSLR market share is half of what it is now within 5 years.

Maybe they're insane; one of the definitions of insanity being doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting the result to be different. They've been "bottom feeding" in the SLR marketplace for decades now, haven't they figured out what it's doing to their business yet?!
09-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #153
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jazzyboy Quote
By the way, is there any interview of a Pentax rep. or manager telling us what's going on that we can read somewhere ?
The Russian Pentaxian who live in Germany asked different managers several times...
They tell about it at Russian Penta-club. The managers offered to buy 645D instead of FF.
09-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #154

Even worse!! Blende8 on the other thread announced that Pentax people told him they will stop the FA Limited!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115076-pentax-photokin...ml#post1196712

Nothing anymore keep me on Pentax.

09-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #155
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by youky63 Quote
Even worse!! Blende8 on the other thread announced that Pentax people told him they will stop the FA Limited!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115076-pentax-photokin...ml#post1196712

They will sell colour K-r with pink/green/yellow DA-L35/2.4 in Japan...
And they don't care about the rest of the world...
09-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #156
Veteran Member

I can see that coming.... although I don't see Pentax in trouble though, they are doing alright in Japan. It is in the culture, people's perception is that it's worth nothing more than it is when it is so easy to get.

On the other hand, how many countries can support more than 5 automobile companies and yet all of them are still around?
09-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 24X36NOW Quote
Assuming that's accurate, they're digging their own grave. If they take another 2+ years to come out with a FF dSLR, I'll be surprised if their dSLR market share is half of what it is now within 5 years.

Maybe they're insane; one of the definitions of insanity being doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting the result to be different. They've been "bottom feeding" in the SLR marketplace for decades now, haven't they figured out what it's doing to their business yet?!
To be honest, I think it would be much wiser to have a cheaper WRAPS body than a FF.
With the 645D they obviously need to develop that further. I doubt if Pentax has the resources to develop APS, 645D and FF at the same time . If they come with FF real soon I see not many aps dveelopments and that would mean a market share of even less than 25%.
Letīs hope they skip evil for now, or just use Samsung evil, just like Samsung used Pentax dslr.

Maybe they think that anybody who wants them should have gotten them by now (limited is limited) and with the crisis still going strong they donīt expect people to buy them anymore now that they are more expensive.

Ohh, `sold only in Japan`. That seemed to be the magic words with many Pentax releases lately. 645D, a few colours on K-x

09-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 24X36NOW Quote

I can understand your crave about FF (lots of discussion already). However, with the release of K-5/D7000, the advantage gap between FF and APS-C is shrinking. For the average people, FF is not the ultimate goal anymore; it will remain in the "professional" top tier circle occupied by the top two camera makers. Unless, of course, Canikon changes the playing field by flooding the FF camera with the same price of APS-C camera - don't see that happening in the next couple of years.

Until then, one can only dream a FF in K-7/K-5 body; for me, I am ok with K-5 or its successor.
09-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #159
Inactive Account

I think this was the logical step. They probably have a lot of them produced and they've said many times that even the FA limiteds weren't up to digital FF standards. Although, they don't expect to make a FF DSLR anytime soon they know its just a matter of time so they are preparing their lens line up. After the DA limited 15, there were no nonFF lenses from Pentax and that's a clear sign.
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
The next Photokina is in 2012.

Looks like you will be making your move in June.
just heard a new depressing development. Pentax is not making an FF. so that means I got to go and look elsewhere for an FF system. due to this, I will move the proposed shift to November 2011, just to see what the other players are planning to release. praying that Fuji and Samsung would create something of a FF or a compromise or even someone building a universal mount adapter for the K-mount.
09-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #161
Veteran Member

If they are discontinuing the FA Limiteds.... they better have a WR replacement with the same or improved glass and metal construction. Otherwise they might as well ask users to leave.
09-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #162
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
just heard a new depressing development. Pentax is not making an FF. so that means I got to go and look elsewhere for an FF system. due to this, I will move the proposed shift to November 2011, just to see what the other players are planning to release. praying that Fuji and Samsung would create something of a FF or a compromise or even someone building a universal mount adapter for the K-mount.
bare in mind that even if they were making FF plans they wouldn't disclose 'em
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
my decision stands at November 2011. that's enough time for an ultimatum. can't wait for their tight lips to open. I'm not the one serenading them this time. from the start, it should had been the other way around.
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #164
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
I agree, if Pentax said they will come out with a FF in 2011 it would kill K-5 sales.
09-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #165
Banned

Photos: Albums
Don't waste time Pentaxor, get the equipment you need now. Pentax will not be making a FF. The only way they can make it clearer is by going bankrupt. You have to give them credit for never promising anything.