Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Ash- I coded up a new titling system, and to test that, I had to change the title of the K-5 permalink, which ended up breaking the old link.

So check this out: Further Pentax K 5 Details - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com

BTW, the source is very credible- from Pentax itself!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #32
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK - it's all falling into place now (thanks Adam).
Expected, but welcome specs IMO.
Bring it on!
09-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
51 is hilarious.
Maybe some specialized sports photographers need this.
I don't.
I use MF 50% of the time, should use it more.
And, it's not the number, it's the position. It doesn't help to squeeze 51 points into the middle 30% of the frame.
Well.... good for you.... Just so you know, bugs, flowers and birds aren't the only things that can be photographed... and for other types of photography (other than you do) having more available AF points is actually useful... even for not so "specialized", general, sports photography...
09-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #34
Banned

Maybe he can get Hoya to make a camera just for him?

09-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alexeyga Quote
Well.... good for you.... Just so you know, bugs, flowers and birds aren't the only things that can be photographed... and for other types of photography (other than you do) having more available AF points is actually useful... even for not so "specialized", general, sports photography...
Well, someone else has the irritant in the tukus problem. However, there is a difference in having 51 AF points on a ff sensor and 11 on an aps-c sensor. I.E. the D700 in comparison to the K-7 (or better yet the K-5). A better comparison would be with the D300 and K-7 since it has 51 points as well.
09-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #36
Veteran Member

the 19 point af in eos 7 is absolute compareble with nikon d300 af.
same usefull funktions and speed.
only the number of points is not the medicine for all
09-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Someday I will understand how the number of AF points affects me who always uses center point focus.
They Don't. I forget my camera is even capable of other than center point AF. Apparently it has face detection of some sort in Live view too. Not that I take a lot of people pics but since my camera is perpetually stuck on center AF, it doesn't matter.

09-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
-Same body casing as the K-7, and compatible with the same grip
Hmmm. Makes me a lot more likely to put the K-7 grip on my Christmas list. Now, if they'll promise to stick with it for the next model too...
09-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Well, someone else has the irritant in the tukus problem.
I just thought I should point out that Pentax has the whole "irritant in the tukus problem" covered with the handy kit below.

Don't know how many focus points it has, but I hear it's a very flexible system.

09-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #40

Photos: Albums
Ok, I don't have any rumors, but a question. If the new focus system is based on a new "algorithm", couldn't we, the unwashed masses with archaic antique equipment like the K20D, K7 and K-x benefit from a firmware update? Before you say 'no', consider that my autofocus was greatly improved with v1.10.
09-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
Ok, I don't have any rumors, but a question. If the new focus system is based on a new "algorithm", couldn't we, the unwashed masses with archaic antique equipment like the K20D, K7 and K-x benefit from a firmware update? Before you say 'no', consider that my autofocus was greatly improved with v1.10.

Yeah, I would guess that v1.10 is as good as AF is going to get for the K7.
09-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeff knight Quote
I just thought I should point out that Pentax has the whole "irritant in the tukus problem" covered with the handy kit below.

Don't know how many focus points it has, but I hear it's a very flexible system.
Yeah - and this one actually makes money (I think).

Jer
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #43

Hi, Sounds great all these rumours about the new k5 hope it lives up to expectations 1 thing good & versatile will be interchangable grips I have never even tried my k7 without hands like shovels I will see next year for a k5 spent all my money on lenses & tours.
09-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One can hope that the rumored sticker price is also inflated. Seriously, although I'll continue to enjoy some of these rumor threads, I'll be neither excited nor morose about the K-5 until I see it's actual price and what it delivers. Actually - I'll not be morose in any case.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 09-11-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: actually only one "l" in "actual"
09-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #45

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Yeah, I would guess that v1.10 is as good as AF is going to get for the K7.
Maybe, but I'm wondering if it could get better, and if so, why not?

Does anyone know, could it?