Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #16
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So that ad pretty much gives it all away, doesn't it?

Also confirms (for the third time) the story that the k-5's body is the same as the k-7's.
Maybe it's the same camera, just a different naming.

09-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

the same camera?????sure not.....only the same bodystyle with little differents to a comparable price.
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it's nice and logical to stick with the K-7 body for this round of updates considering it's a very solid body in look and function.

Assuming the battery is the same (the 645D even uses the same...), it will be a bit less wallet damaging upgrade for K-7 users of they already own multiple batteries and a grip.

I'm curious to see if they changed the back button layout considering they made the main function knob larger for easier rotation.
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

There goes my hope for a little bigger body (compared to K-7)

Perhaps not that big deal, if the performance is as great as rumoured (well, compared to my current K10, anything will be big improvement.)

09-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
They don't put ads in German on cabs in Köln?
The German of advertising agencies is now indistinguishable from English, except for a few truly German words like "Handy" (mobile phone)
09-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I think it's nice and logical to stick with the K-7 body for this round of updates considering it's a very solid body in look and function.
I'm very happy they kept the K-7 body. I just know it from trying it out in shops, but the impression was just great, more appealing to me than the K10D I use now. If the IQ of this camera lives even just partly up to the great expectations, CBA will be hard to resist.
09-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
There goes my hope for a little bigger body (compared to K-7)

I am a big fan of the K10D/K20D size and am one of the people that would not buy a K-7 due to it being so small. I had the good fortune to get a new K-7 for a very very low price and it would have been rude not to buy it.

Yes it is small but once you put on a grip (I just bought a cheap Chinese copy) the size is just about right and it is so much easier to carry around in the hand with its more pronounced built in side grip as well.

Also, take the grip off, slap on a DA 40mm and no one takes any notice when walking about.

09-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I think it's nice and logical to stick with the K-7 body for this round of updates
Must be a law.
Either change the body and keep the sensor (K-7) or keep the body and change the sensor (K20D, K-5). Last times they changed both was *istD and K10D (big hits ). Next time ...
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Yes it is small but once you put on a grip (I just bought a cheap Chinese copy) the size is just about right and it is so much easier to carry around in the hand with its more pronounced built in side grip as well.
Also, take the grip off, slap on a DA 40mm and no one takes any notice when walking about.
My thoughts exactly. While I think the camera could use a bit more vertical grip, it's close to perfect.

I agree that the DA 40mm Limited and K-7 without a grip is a small yet high quality package.

The K-7 with the grip and the DA* 300mm is quite manageable too.
09-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Oh,the K-7 + DA*300 + BG4 is great to use.
It´s for 70% my standard combination