Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
Can't you wait 7-8 more days?

This is a business decision to me so I'm not just sitting around like a kid before Christmas waiting to see what Father Pentax brings me. I have several important shoots coming up later this fall, I'm getting ready to buy some new equipment and I'm considering options other than Pentax (mainly Sony). I can't make a purchase I don't really well understand, and I can't shoot a wedding with a camera I haven't pretty thoroughly played with. So I try to do as much thinking as I can now. And if I did decide to go with something other than the K-5 (like the K-r, or something from another camera maker), I could perhaps place an order now.

Will

09-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #17
Pentaxian

It's pretty unlikely that the K5 is going to have dual card slots. I speculated about this in another thread and Christopher MWT has stated that it's not going to happen. He's one of the guys that seems to have real info about what's coming and freely admits when he's not sure about something. But he seems pretty sure about this, so I would not be counting on this feature. I too hope it does but it doesn't look like its going to happen.
09-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
It's pretty unlikely that the K5 is going to have dual card slots. I speculated about this in another thread and Christopher MWT has stated that it's not going to happen. He's one of the guys that seems to have real info about what's coming and freely admits when he's not sure about something. But he seems pretty sure about this, so I would not be counting on this feature. I too hope it does but it doesn't look like its going to happen.
OK, thanks for the heads up. We'll have to wait for the official word on this. And I'll prepare myself emotionally for disappointment.

Be a shame if it doesn't happen. This is one of those features that absolutely says PRO camera. Notice that I put this as my #1 obvious advantage of the K-5. If it was a choice between K-5 without two card support and K-r WITH two card support (absurd, but if), I'd not hesitate to go with the camera with two cards. The reason I hesitated when I thought it was the K-5 that would have two cards is that the K-5 is going to cost much more.

I admit, it was kind of hard to imagine WHERE they were going to put both cards. But I don't pretend to understand how these things are put together. ;-)

Will
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
OK, thanks for the heads up. We'll have to wait for the official word on this. And I'll prepare myself emotionally for disappointment.
They use the same body as the K-7 and the SD slot was already pretty tight. I'm not sure they have been able to add another slot even if they showed they can technically do it (645D).