Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, if it has good iso 3200 and a usable iso 6400, count me in once I scrape the money together. Iso 51200 is probably just a marketing gimmick though.

09-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #77
Veteran Member

I read these posts this time of day and wonder how much of what's being written is the beer doing the talking.

Jason
09-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #78
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I read these posts this time of day and wonder how much of what's being written is the beer doing the talking.

Jason
YES! at least on my part.. but I sure am enjoying it.
cannot ask for much more than that.
09-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #79
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Or else it's just "oh crap, we have to do something to differentiate our product!"

I try not to be cynical, but ISO 51,200 is pushing my suspension of disbelief.
Perhaps they even changed that spec after the announcement of Nikon D7000? After all, it's probably just something that is done in software and they have most likely experimented with different fw versions before.

09-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #80
Veteran Member

iso 51,200 = RIDONKULOUS.

Jason
09-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Sure, if the sensor is really the same as the D7000, there's no way that the K-5 will be fundamentally better at high ISO. I still maintain that if the K-5 can and will produce acceptable results at ISO51,200, then that is a good thing, even if it's only because of the fact that they can use it to market their camera.
09-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #82
Inactive Account

and maybe we had such a nice camera in the k-7 that we (well I can only speak for myself).
expected a much higher jump.. I do not know.

I keep telling myself this is happy, its great. (and I know nothing is official as of yet).
am I trying to talk myself into it? not sure... had a beer or eight.. but I know I am going nowhere.
I am staying with pentax.. and my next camera will be a k-5.

09-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #83
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by tupelo Quote
and maybe we had such a nice camera in the k-7 that we (well I can only speak for myself).
expected a much higher jump.. I do not know.
During the last months people being or pretending to be "in the know" have been building such hype about a camera beyond any expectation. And if these specs are accurate and there's still not an ace up their sleeve, it's a nice incremental improvement from the K-7. And if its AF and high ISO are good, many will be happy for sure. But is it something that makes a difference, something that will attract new people to the brand? I guess that depends on the price. On the rumored 1700 USD, hardly. Then again, they'd be stupid not to react to the D7000's price.
09-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #84
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
During the last months people being or pretending to be "in the know" have been building such hype about a camera beyond any expectation. And if these specs are accurate and there's still not an ace up their sleeve, it's a nice incremental improvement from the K-7. And if its AF and high ISO are good, many will be happy for sure. But is it something that makes a difference, something that will attract new people to the brand? I guess that depends on the price. On the rumored 1700 USD, hardly. Then again, they'd be stupid not to react to the D7000's price.
I honestly see what your saying.. I do not see it something that grabs people.
but then again.. apple was dead in 1997. no.. they are not going to step on canon or nikon.. they are damn bob dylan of cameras.

I was a nikon user.. there is just something about them.. they are like an old 67 vw karmann ghia.

I just enjoy using the damn thing.. and that's what you always hope for it to be about.

and if nothing else... I will be buying glass.

but I understand what you are saying.. and you are right.
09-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #85
Inactive Account

I meant I enjoy using pentax.. I think its time for my ass to go to bed. thank you all..
09-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
During the last months people being or pretending to be "in the know" have been building such hype about a camera beyond any expectation. And if these specs are accurate and there's still not an ace up their sleeve, it's a nice incremental improvement from the K-7.
To be honest everyone should realise that these days.
I happened exactly the same with K10D --> K20D --> K-7 .. all nice upgrades but nothing spectacular. I think it would take something very special to make me go WOW now and I'm not even sure that sort of upgrade is out there anymore (from any manufacturer).

How much more can you realistically do with a APS.C camera.
09-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I think it would take something very special to make me go WOW now and I'm not even sure that sort of upgrade is out there anymore (from any manufacturer).
How much more can you realistically do with a APS.C camera.
The next Wow-me camera would be the one with the first APS-C global shutter sensor. That would be...... Wow!
Could be 1 or 2 years away.
09-19-2010, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #88
Pentaxian

Priyantha, why didn't you post these here like you did on the Dutch forum? I think there are many readers able to read German.

I'm personally not so sure about the specsheet because of the apparent SAFOX version error and some of the wording, but we'll see tomorrow

09-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #89
Inactive Account

I have to be honest.. I missed that whole era. . I was playing around with a nikon then.
I played guitar and that took most of my time. but my great grandpa taught me a bit on an old pentax.. and how I loved the dark room.. it was weird.. like an opium den or something.. the smells and the light. I will always remember that.. I am 35 now though.
This was when I was 8 or so.

I wish I knew about the older pentax digital lineup..

All I know is I picked that k-7 up.. and it was like going from a cheap fender acoustic to a martin d-45 acoustic guitar.

and I went in to get a d300.. not that k-7.

I want a second body.. do I need one, prob not.

honestly, how do you think it compares to the d7000? I am not changing systems .. but they seemed to make people happy with its features.
09-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #90
music_lover

I knew i had heard something a bout a 18-135. I am da** sure glad I stuck around.
Hey, Adam, I know you knew something about this Lens, you just didn't want to mention it did you good buddy, If you say yes, i'll give you a Rep
Closed Thread