Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 03:11 AM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Priyantha Bleeker Quote
That was because I thought we Dutch could read German but the most people here not, but that was certainly a mistake I think :P
So the official brochure has spelling errors on it?

09-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #122
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
maybe...it seems to me it's made under K-7's base brochure.
09-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #123

Original Poster
It could be, it shouldn't be the first time that there are some faults in a early announcement from different companies.
It could be possible that Hoya Pentax Japan is going to release it's own Press release without those spelling errors
But I am afraid we have to wait one day for that yet.
09-19-2010, 03:23 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Honestly, after all this nice stuff in rumours, these official specs are a little let down for me. No dual SD cards (I would like to have one SD card for pictures and another for video). Only 8 DNG buffer. No word about autofocus in video. No word about AF modes in AF-C (strange). No word about transluent LCD in viewfinder (I was secretly hoping for histogram in a viewfinder). No word about 1/250 flash sync with new flashes (does that mean no new flashes?).

Let's hope this camera will excell in image quality.

Last edited by Edvinas; 09-19-2010 at 03:29 AM.
09-19-2010, 03:23 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Priyantha Bleeker Quote
A quote from the dpreview topic I made:

Quote is from MightyMike, thanks to him for this calculation !
In this calculations, factoring in the different fps rates isn't correct. The buffer stores N frames whatever fast they come in ...

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
For whoever speaks german, what does this mean:

"100% Prismensucher mit 4 unterschiedlichen Einstellscheiben"
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I'm sure this is referring to the additional ground glass screens, one of which is standard; the other 3 are optional (see the first page of the specsheet with pictures of the optional screens).
I agree.

And this implies that the translucent viewfinder overlay with grid lines like in the D300s was a false rumour too

Another mention I miss is a manual video mode. They mention that video can now be activated via the RAW button so they would have mentioned a manual video mode too ...

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-r has SAFOX IX
K-5 has SAFOX VIII+....

It's strange. The mistake of 2 page of specs. First page shows 9+.
The guys in Hamburg are famous for that kind of little mistakes. They do great work but there are Germans who are a bit more perfectionist

Also, one must understand they are busy with organizing Photokina for the entire Pentax corporation. Of course, they took a copied K-7 spec sheet as starting point for the K-5 spec sheet page.
09-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #126
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote

Let's hope this camera will excell in image quality.
SONY CMOS...Hmmm...Hard to say...As for noise control above 800 - maybe...As for IQ - I doubt. I think K-5 is good camera, but I'd like to read the description of camera's functions.
Anyway...I'd like to see MORE than K-7 with new sensor.
09-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #127

Fake specs

Some details of the sheet make it doubtful for me. I guess it is an "enhanced" version of a K-7 specs sheet. E.g. look at the software part: it says for Mac you need OS X version 10.3.9 to 10.5 or newer. Well, Snow Leopard (10.6) is out now for about a year. So, if this sheet should be true it is somewhat from last year.
I suggest to wait one or two more days and we will know the real specs.
09-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JanG Quote
Some details of the sheet make it doubtful for me. I guess it is an "enhanced" version of a K-7 specs sheet. E.g. look at the software part: it says for Mac you need OS X version 10.3.9 to 10.5 or newer. Well, Snow Leopard (10.6) is out now for about a year. So, if this sheet should be true it is somewhat from last year.
The fact that someone went this far out of their way to create a fake brochure is quite disturbing. There are some very strange people on this planet it seems

09-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #129
ogl
Pentaxian

We need to wait several hours...Not days.
09-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #130
Veteran Member

people who have the spec but are under embargo would tell us :ugh:

Also, the slogan Absolut unempfindlich mit hohem Empfindlichkeitsbereich is the kind of humor Pentax Hamburg is known for

Last edited by falconeye; 09-19-2010 at 03:39 AM.
09-19-2010, 03:40 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Priyantha, why didn't you post these here like you did on the Dutch forum? I think there are many readers able to read German.

I'm personally not so sure about the specsheet because of the apparent SAFOX version error and some of the wording, but we'll see tomorrow

This a Official retailer Brochure given by Pentax to give to customer asking for a product. Same form and template the K-7 they sent me.
09-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #132

Original Poster
The fact that someone went this far out of their way to create a fake brochure is quite disturbing. There are some very strange people on this planet it seems
I did not fake the brochure, it is genuine from Pentax Germany.
09-19-2010, 03:47 AM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
people who have the spec but are under embargo would tell us :ugh:

Also, the slogan Absolut unempfindlich mit hohem Empfindlichkeitsbereich is the kind of humor Pentax Hamburg is known for
Just want to ask regarding Hamburg. My two german colleagues always joke around if you cant understand the document it comes from the HAM empire.
It is understandable it is from FRA.

Back to topic, we wait the official announcement in few hours time.
09-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
What's that mean?
09-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #135
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Back to topic, we wait the official announcement in few hours time.
Very exciting times
I'm going to shoot some birds.
Hopefully when I get back the "real" official announcement will be made
Closed Thread