Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #151
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
What's that mean?
According to Yahoo! Translate: "Absolutely insensitively with high sensitivity range." So it's a funny contradiction in terms.

(Hey, cool, I got to use the Opera right click->translate function!)

09-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #152

I'm not totally convinced, the wider gap could stem from downsizing and then enlarging the K-5 photo (same for the strap lug). And, indeed, the light is slightly different on some places, but entirely the same in other places. Whenever the light is different, it could have easily been through Photoshop. How could you make almost exact the same photo a year apart? I'm not buying it.
by taking a pic of almost exactly the same object under controled lighting its almost certainly in one of those white box things with flash at a almost identical position with the camera taking the shot in almost identical position

honestly why would they bother photoshopping an old image would be more work than simply placing a k5 into position and snap shot taken
09-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not totally convinced, the wider gap could stem from downsizing and then enlarging the K-5 photo (same for the strap lug). And, indeed, the light is slightly different on some places, but entirely the same in other places. Whenever the light is different, it could have easily been through Photoshop. How could you make almost exact the same photo a year apart? I'm not buying it.

Hahaha, the question you need to ask yourself is "Why would they do that?"

If they're just being lazy, you just contradicted yourself. Why would they spend time touching up the K-7 photo in such subtle ways, when really, all they need to do is swap the K-7 with K-5. Why add "1000" for the ISO? Absolutely pointless.

And if you're suggesting it's a fake, that the brochure, and everything is fake, then the question is, why go through all that trouble with the fantasy brochure, only to use an image that is almost identical? (and have someone like you questioning its validity?).

It makes no sense.
09-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #154
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormcloud Quote
honestly why would they bother photoshopping an old image would be more work than simply placing a k5 into position and snap shot taken
They discovered at the shoot there was no camera at hand...
"you brought the camera?"
"No I thought you did.."
"oh well, nevermind, the photographer will have brought his"
"hey I thought you'd provide the cameras.."

09-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #155
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
ISO12,800 also requires 6 digits, and it would be unthinkable for the K-5 not to be able to do that. They'll find a way to display the info ;-)
simple. set font=2

funny, suddenly, i don't remember nikon releasing anything that caused so much stir. what was that camera again?

i can't wait for the announcement tomorrow.

Last edited by opiedog; 09-19-2010 at 05:29 AM.
09-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #156
wll
Veteran Member

This Is The One !

These specs look great foe me, I will start getting my K200D's ready for sale.

My K20D's will play second fiddle to my K-5's

Very impressive camera with lots of features, this is the camera I was hoping the K-7 would have been.

I bet ISO 12,800 will be usable and maybe 25,600. The 51,200 I'm sure can be used for at least B&W and look gutsy - what a great concert, museum, low light candid, etc, camera.

I would venture to guess the DR will be fantastic also.

This camera is not in the same class as the K-7, it smashes it, with a host of features the K-7 could only dream about. IMHO the K-7 sensor was crap, how they could have come out with a camera whose sensor was was not up to par with the K-20D's is beyond me !

I'm VERY happy I waited out the K-7, kept my K20D's, and now will add the K-5's to my arsenal ..... good going Pentax !

Yes, I think Pentax may have pulled one out of the hat and make the the Nikon boys take notice, :- )

wll
09-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The main question "how much does it cost"?
Main question is 'how does it actually perform'.

09-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Regarding the single SD slot, it is just logical since Pentax used the same body as K7 to keep costs down.

I am let down by the AF system, if it is only 11 points and Safox VIII+.

Video is nice but if no AF, no high speed mode - another let down.

What remains basically as significant upgrades is higher ISO and resolution.

Whether K5 will be chosen for upgrade will depend very heavily on pricing. I will stick with my K7 anyway.
09-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #159
Veteran Member

K-5 looks great, whats it going to cost ?

Any new lenses being released with it ?

Thanks !

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

My K20D's will play second fiddle to my K-5's

Very impressive camera with lots of features, this is the camera I was hoping the K-7 would have been.

I bet ISO 12,800 will be usable and maybe 25,600. The 51,200 I'm sure can be used for at least B&W and look gutsy - what a great concert, museum, low light candid, etc, camera.

I would venture to guess the DR will be fantastic also.

This camera is not in the same class as the K-7, it smashes it, with a host of features the K-7 could only dream about. IMHO the K-7 sensor was crap, how they could have come out with a camera whose sensor was was not up to par with the K-20D's is beyond me !

I'm VERY happy I waited out the K-7, kept my K20D's, and now will add the K-5's to my arsenal ..... good going Pentax !

Yes, I think Pentax may have pulled one out of the hat and make the the Nikon boys take notice, :- )

wll
09-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #160
Veteran Member

Wow!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

wll
Someone happy about the K-5.... I simply cannot believe my eyes
09-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #161
Veteran Member

No mention of screwdrive its gooonnne haahahaha
09-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #162
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote

Any new lenses being released with it ?

Thanks !
Comparing to D7000 they look very similar (each has a few higher feathers here or there) and I guess some expect it to be priced lower. However, I am sure Pentax will set the initial price at least 10% higher that D7000.

I am also wondering how much the new 18-135 will cost? Again, the 18-105 is dirty cheap in a kit, though it's not WR. How much will this new baby will be? And for sure how it will perform is another curiosity.
09-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kytra Quote
Regarding the single SD slot, it is just logical since Pentax

I am let down by the AF system, if it is only 11 points and Safox VIII+.
AF is 11 points but Safox IX+. There is a mistake on page 2 of the German leaflet. Page 1 correctly states Safox IX+.
09-19-2010, 05:55 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
No mention of screwdrive its gooonnne haahahaha
Is the SR still there? :P
09-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #165
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by farhagh Quote

I am also wondering how much the new 18-135 will cost? Again, the 18-105 is dirty cheap in a kit, though it's not WR. How much will this new baby will be? And for sure how it will perform is another curiosity.
I would say around or slightly above the price of DA 17-70mm f/4.
Closed Thread