Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #286
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Isn't it almost 12:00 in Japan?

09-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah its now 12:15pm in japan. 1:15pm here (Australia)
09-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #288
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote
Do you EVER have anything nice to say about Pentax.
Are you really a "Proud K200D owner"?
Ok, rant over.
Yes. K200D, FA LIMITED and FA* are outstanding things.

The sensor manufacturers depend on camera's makers marketing. Like
graphics card's manufacturers depend on PC game's makers.

It's the fact. The users get video at DSLR (even who understand NOTHING in video - want it, because it's stylish ), more MP (more is better, of course) and illusion of low noise at high ISO.

But real IQ become degraded (have a look at 7D). But the users find an excuse - no need to see 100% pictures - it's mauvais ton.

I'm simply not fanatic and blind slave of globalization
09-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #289

Ready please Mr Pentax

09-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #290
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok you late sleepers out there in Japan and Australia ...
just wake me up at 07:00 (Eastern time, North America), tomorrow September 20th 2010 for the REAL official announcements of the K5.

Cheers and good night!

JP
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #291
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
The literal translation is a word's play.

The best translation into English language I can come up with is:

Very rugged and very sensitive too.
I suspected it was something like this. Thanks Falk!
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #292
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
Olympus is making their big innovations with their Micro 4/3s system. And Sony with their mirrorless and Pellicle mirror cameras. Pentax....
You are welcome to jump ship; as it looks like nothing Pentax does would satisfy your needs.

09-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #293
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's the fact. The users get video at DSLR (even who understand NOTHING in video - want it, because it's stylish ), more MP (more is better, of course) and illusion of low noise at high ISO.
It's no fact: it's BS.
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #294
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
You are welcome to jump ship; as it looks like nothing Pentax does would satisfy your needs.
the market isn't about MY needs, its actually not about 'needs' at all. all these cameras are overkill for 90% of the people who use them, but the market speaks in terms of perception and the perception is that Pentax is lagging behind their competitors in the industry.

When every other camera company is delivering new AF technologies or new types of cameras altogether, being sold the latest version of SAFOX whatever in a body with a slightly taller knob as the sole ergonomic improvement seems conservative to say the least.
09-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #295
Veteran Member

Okay the releaase is slated tomorrow with changes on the final product. =P
09-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #296
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
What do you mean by changes on the final product?
09-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #297
Veteran Member

i'm praying there's more than what we've been "told" so far. for Pentax's sake, not mine.

Last edited by illdefined; 09-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
09-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #298
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
the market isn't about MY needs, its actually not about 'needs' at all. all these cameras are overkill for 90% of the people who use them, but the market speaks in terms of perception and the perception is that Pentax is lagging behind their competitors in the industry.

When every other camera company is delivering new AF technologies or new types of cameras altogether, being sold the latest version of SAFOX whatever in a body with a slightly taller knob as the sole ergonomic improvement seems conservative to say the least.
That's right. People shouldn't revel in the thought that Pentax makes no-nonsense still imaging devices. The deal is in order to stay alive, Pentax has to sell cameras and to sell cameras, Pentax has to follow the competition. All those who believe video functions, high af point count, and high mp is nothing but useless consumer junk should realize that if Pentax didn't do these things, they wouldn't even be delivering any more cameras period. Everyone should be happy that Pentax is doing these things which shows they still have an interest in staying in this market.

The original K-7 was innovative. It had features like in camera HDR, horizon level, horizon correction, distortion correction, and shake reduction that could account for camera rotation. Very few cameras of the class had these features back then. If its sensor wasn't so much worse than the competitions, I think it would have fared well. The K-5 doesn't seem to be doing anything other than making sure the original K-7 is just at where the competition is (this is discounting the fact that it will most likely have inferior AF to the competition). Pentax should work on attracting new customers. To do this they should implement some features the competition doesn't yet have and also not charge more than the competition. That would also help to show that the K-5 is a huge jump from the K-7 like the D7000 is a huge jump from the D90.
09-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #299
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
What do you mean by changes on the final product?
We'll maybe somebody from Pentax decided not to release it today since a lot us were here are ranting which specs should be in and that nikon d7000 is the best right now. With all the Leaks, i guess we just have to wait. Time to sleep again.

Good morning everyone.
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #300
Veteran Member

We'll maybe somebody from Pentax decided not to release it today since a lot us were here are ranting which specs should be in and that nikon d7000 is the best right now. With all the Leaks, i guess we just have to wait. Time to sleep again.

Good morning everyone.
You're kidding yourself if you think anyone in a position of authority at Pentax would delay a product launch because of us.

But maybe this was sarcasm, I dunno.
Closed Thread