Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2010, 04:37 AM   #451
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 909
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
========================================

If you see K5 prices in your country, please post them.
K-5 in Holland:
Only three stores have it ontheir site so far (as far as I know)
K-5 body : 1399,00 (1x), 1199,00 (1x)
(one store does not list K-5 body only)
K-5+18-55 : 1499,00 (1x), 1399,00 (1x), 1269,00 (1x)
K-5+1855+55-200 : 1699,00 (1x), 1599,00 (1x), 1439,00 (1x)

No info yet on K-5 + 18-135 (expected this week, maybe next week).

On a German site:
K-5 body 1459,00
K-5+18-55 1549,00
K-5+18135 1949,00
(delivery status 3-6 weeks)

10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #452
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Nass's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The British Isles
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,369
fyi - some k-5 sample shots I saw on another forum, a dealer in the UK had an open day showing it off. (slow link, image heavy forum thread). I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by them but perhaps that's more to do with the fact the 100% crops were underexposed so noise is exaggerated.
10-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #453
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25
Listed for pre-order on several sites in Switzerland.

Body only between CHF 1567 and CHF 1650, equivalent to approx EUR 1170 and EUR 1232.
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #454
Veteran Member
PePe's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 482
Prices from two distributors in Helsinki (incl. VAT):

K 5 body only 1149
K 5 + 18-55WR 1249
K 5 + 18-135WR 1449
D7000 body only 1149

K 5 body only 1199
K 5 + 18-55WR 1289
645D body 11999
D7000 body only 1139,9

10-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #455
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
fyi - some k-5 sample shots I saw on another forum, a dealer in the UK had an open day showing it off. (slow link, image heavy forum thread). I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by them but perhaps that's more to do with the fact the 100% crops were underexposed so noise is exaggerated.
From those shots we learn that the K-5 does in fact take photographs.
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #456
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
Pre-ordered the K-5 body only for 1099€... so I guess we'll se body only for around 1000-1100€ close to christmas.
10-11-2010, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #457
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
fyi - some k-5 sample shots I saw on another forum, a dealer in the UK had an open day showing it off. (slow link, image heavy forum thread). I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by them but perhaps that's more to do with the fact the 100% crops were underexposed so noise is exaggerated.
QuoteOriginally posted by beginner:
Well thankyou very much Flossie!.....Nice to see I dont have to upgrade from my K20D
======================================

Yikes! Was the guy taking those snaps working for Nikon?

LoL
10-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #458
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 2
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
======================================

Yikes! Was the guy taking those snaps working for Nikon?

LoL
No, but if Nikon would like to do me a deal on a D3 or D3S as a result, I'd be happier than I would be with a K5

I was seeing if the K5 is significantly better at high-iso than my Kx - which it isn't - although it did appear to be better in other ways, particularly ability to lock focus, which the Kx struggles with in some situations.


The limitations of what could be done in a short time without leaving a shop prevented anything more scientific or "real world" (whatever that is...)

10-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #459
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
K5 + 1855WR Helsinki pricing

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
Prices from two distributors in Helsinki (incl. VAT):

K 5 body only 1149€
K 5 + 18-55WR 1249€
K 5 + 18-135WR 1449€
D7000 body only 1149€

K 5 body only 1199€
K 5 + 18-55WR 1289€
645D body 11999€
D7000 body only 1139,9€
1289 euros = 1780.4957 US dollars

In your opinion, is that about what the market will accept for the K5+18-55WR lens kit? Having the internet to instantly confirm GLOBAL pricing variances is fascinating.

The US Amazon.com K5+18-55WR is close to the Helsinki price.
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-5-Digital-18-55mm-Black/dp/B0043M6F1E/ref=sr_...6873918&sr=1-2

Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR with 18-55mm Lens and 3-Inch LCD (Black) - $1,749.95

Last edited by Rite; 10-12-2010 at 02:02 AM.
10-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #460
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
K-x the bargain of 2010

QuoteOriginally posted by flossie Quote
I was seeing if the K5 is significantly better at high-iso than my Kx - which it isn't - although it did appear to be better in other ways, particularly ability to lock focus, which the Kx struggles with in some situations.
I have made the same comparison, but can't confirm of course until I have a K5 in my hand. The K-x outperforms the K7 in high ISO, which in looking at both cameras strictly from a price comparison doesn't make sense.

Pentax will dump all existing K-x inventory to make way for the K-r, causing the K-x to become a phenomenal bargain over the next sixty days all the way up through the 2010 Holiday season. Comparing the K-x sellout prices with the new K-r and K5 should be an easy purchase conclusion for quite a few Pentaxians.

Looking at the global economy picture so far, the K5 is going to be overpriced in the stiffest market Pentax has ever competed in.

IMO
10-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #461
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
1289 euros = 1780.4957 US dollars

In your opinion, is that about what the market will accept for the K5+18-55WR lens kit? Having the internet to instantly confirm GLOBAL pricing variances is fascinating, no?
Can everybody outside Europe please learn that EU prices contain VAT? The ignorance of some in this regard can be rather annoying.

Helsinki 1289 € correspond to $ 1446 USD in the US, after respective import duties.
The other (lower) body price given was $ 1288 USD. And Finland is not known for its low prices in the EU
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #462
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

Helsinki 1289 correspond to $ 1446 USD in the US, after respective import duties.

The other (lower) body price given was $ 1288 USD. And Finland is not known for its low prices in the EU
=======================================

Thanks for clearing that up.

The FOREX exchange rate is reporting it slightly different:

1 Euro = 1.3854 US Dollar
1289 Euro = 1,785.78 US Dollars

FOREX Rates, Exchange Rates, Currency Charts, FX Spot Prices, News, Forecasts, Forums and real-time forex quotes

So, you're saying not to use FOREX for currency conversion rates?
10-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #463
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,531
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
=======================================

Thanks for clearing that up.

The FOREX exchange rate is reporting it slightly different:

1 Euro = 1.3854 US Dollar
1289 Euro = 1,785.78 US Dollars

FOREX Rates, Exchange Rates, Currency Charts, FX Spot Prices, News, Forecasts, Forums and real-time forex quotes

So, you're saying not to use FOREX for currency conversion rates?
You forgot to read the part of his message above the part you quoted...
10-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #464
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gawan's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Helsinki
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,407
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
=======================================

Thanks for clearing that up.

The FOREX exchange rate is reporting it slightly different:

1 Euro = 1.3854 US Dollar
1289 Euro = 1,785.78 US Dollars

FOREX Rates, Exchange Rates, Currency Charts, FX Spot Prices, News, Forecasts, Forums and real-time forex quotes

So, you're saying not to use FOREX for currency conversion rates?
No! You forgot to exclude the VAT and import duties!

Finnish VAT is 23% and import duty 3.5%, so calculated dollar price, using your currency rate, is:

1289 € (incl. VAT) / 1.265 * 1.3854 = ca. $1412 (excl. taxes)

EDIT: I just found out that importing just one camera body (+ max one lens with it) does not require import duty, just the VAT, so the doller price would actually be like this:

1289 € (incl. VAT) / 1.23 * 1.3854 = ca. $1420 (excl. taxes)

For every additional lens we would have pay a 6.7% duty.

Last edited by gawan; 10-12-2010 at 09:53 AM.
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #465
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,453
My prediction of $1399 US street price is looking ever more likely.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adjustment, approx, color, display, flash, image, k-5, mode, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, view
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon D7000 officially announced! JohnBee Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 41 10-04-2010 02:30 PM
NEW DFA100 macro WR ANNOUNCED officially ogl Pentax News and Rumors 8 12-09-2009 10:38 PM
Nikon D90 officially announced Gus Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 37 09-07-2008 03:43 PM
Tokina Makro 35mm f2.8 ("the ugly") officially announced blende8 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 18 11-18-2007 05:50 AM
DA* Lenses Officially Announced roscot Pentax News and Rumors 22 03-17-2007 07:26 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top