Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Yes, this is so annoying. Someone should get fired for this. How can you end up with different spec sheets for one camera?
I think much of this is due to rushed conclusions.

It seemed that the net was filled with people trying to come out first with specs and news with regards to the K-5. And I think many of them were not actually official. Keep in mind that when a company is in development, they often end-up with a substantial amount of documentation as things move along. But much of those documents become stale over the course of development and that's what I think we ended-up with here.

My two cents.

09-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Hello. We are the PR amateurs from Colorado. Nice to meet you.

Great camera, but blooooody hell does Pentax need to improve on their PR.

Agreed. The guy's not too bad but the girl is awful.
09-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #48
Inactive Account

earth to pentax marketing....
breaker... breaker...

Where is Pentax's marketing?
09-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #49

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
with no confirmation sound like the K-7, it was obviously set to frame rate priority. who knows how many frames of that AF-C video are actually in focus.
Actually, illdefined, if you were paying attention to the video, the guy appears to have shot the third sequence using focus priority mode, and it's still quite a bit faster than the K-7. Of course it's still TBD how accurately the new system will track. No need to be so grumpy.

09-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #50

That looks like a nice camera, I think I finally have a reason to upgrade from K200D.
Usable ISO 1600-3200 and better AF = a perfect camera for me.
09-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #51
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are there solid and true specs about buffer and shots for battery?
09-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I think much of this is due to rushed conclusions.

It seemed that the net was filled with people trying to come out first with specs and news with regards to the K-5. And I think many of them were not actually official. Keep in mind that when a company is in development, they often end-up with a substantial amount of documentation as things move along. But much of those documents become stale over the course of development and that's what I think we ended-up with here.

My two cents.
But even Pentax' own US website has the wrong information. How bad is that?

09-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Are there solid and true specs about buffer and shots for battery?
I think DPreview has the most reliable coverage to date.
Most likely because it was made with a unit in-hand.
09-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #54
raz

QuoteOriginally posted by paene Quote
Actually, illdefined, if you were paying attention to the video, the guy appears to have shot the third sequence using focus priority mode, and it's still quite a bit faster than the K-7. Of course it's still TBD how accurately the new system will track. No need to be so grumpy.
Yes, 1.9 fps for the K7 and 3.4 for the K5 in the same mode (he presents the result at the end of the movie).

Although it seems the K7 "beeped" often than the K5.
09-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I think DPreview has the most reliable coverage to date.
Most likely because it was made with a unit in-hand.
They still do not report ISO80, nor do they have the right information about the buffer size. Or so I assume because really none of it can really be trusted, it seems.
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #56
Veteran Member

New light wave length sensor for faster AF

from the youtube video, not exact word for word reportage:
New Safox: "it'll make sure that it can lock into a target quickly"
"K5 has also added a light wavelength sensor, that's the '+' in the Safox IX, to make sure the camera can detect what type of wavelength the camera is seeing."
http://www.youtube.com/user/pentaxian1#p/a/u/0/FNCee0R1sow

SDXC capable (after FW update), imagine that should help speed things along as well.
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #57
Forum Member

This is not an announcement of any kind, it's just a total mess! God, don't they even know how to properly announce their own products? Some of the specs of the camera looks nice and even the new lens looks interesting, but the price is a way off unfortunately.
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paene Quote
you're right. its clearly an upgrade from the K-7, but with that inflated MSRP it's going to be judged *much* harsher by the all-important digital photography press than anything from me.

already the influential spanish site quesabesde.com is comparing its 11 points to the (considerably cheaper) D7000's 39 points, AF being the new megapixel count.

one interesting thing i noticed on that site:

you can adjust the K-5's AF points?
09-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raz Quote
Although it seems the K7 "beeped" often than the K5.
I don't think it beeped at all...
Though it does seem to hesitate(AF lock) following the camera movement so I think it was locking.
09-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #60
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Here are the thoughts of the guy who made the video:

http://www.pentaxeros.com/forum/index.php?topic=36329.0

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread