Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #301
Veteran Member

As someone who bought the K-7 for its compact body and discrete operation. Moving around events where flash is prohibited I have no use for tethering or improved flash sync speed.

Everyone has different needs. What some people view as a major shortcoming others do not even notice. I "want list" is for longer faster glass.

09-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #302
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
need still an answer for this.. images Electronic Level In-finder display (horizontal only) .. and where is the IR things that we talked about before..?
09-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #303
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Not sure about the IR stuff, but the level should work just like it did in the K-5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #304
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adam:

I got that fearview was refering to the irSimple stuff in the K-r...I don't think there has been any mention of it for the K-5. Then again not a lot of talk about it for the K-r either.

09-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #305
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yeah, I've only heard about it for the K-r as well.

Someone also asked about how the 5 USER modes will work on the K-5: I'll have an answer for that in the morning.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #306
Veteran Member

you know, I haven't ever used even one of the USER modes when I had two on my 40D and never on my K20D. Someday I should try and find a use for them.

BTW, are you AT PK? if so then COOL...have fun!!
09-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #307
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Adam:

I got that fearview was refering to the irSimple stuff in the K-r...I don't think there has been any mention of it for the K-5. Then again not a lot of talk about it for the K-r either.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not sure about the IR stuff, but the level should work just like it did in the K-5.
ohh .. i might had mistaken reading those threads.. these two camera occupied my mind in last few weeks.. thanks for clear it up. no IR things for K-5.

09-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #308
Inactive Account

What bothers me with all of you is the all the squib and complaint about about the K-5. When one looks at the image sensor and especially the very high ISO, how many of us have pitched a b@tch about ISO in low light?

Having some experience with the pre-release body from my Pentax rep.

It looks like Pentax did a pretty darned good job on the K-5. We all knew this model was being brought forward. Let's embrace it for it's quality. It "is" one heck of a great camera body. Quite frankly there are very few negatives about this product.

Personally I am moving forward and embracing the technology and what it will do for my photographic work.

Gosh darn how the hell in the world did Ansel Adams create? He worked at it and I am no way near Ansel Adams caliber of work. Lord help us if he had this extraordinary tool in his hands. He would have put us all to shame.

Work is a four letter word. Most do not care to embrace that.

There are two types of individuals in the working world. Workers and complainers.

Where do you reside in the scope of things and your photographic work?

Respectfully,

InDE

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 09-21-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: more thoughts
09-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #309
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
Gosh darn how the hell in the world did Ansel Adams create? He worked at it and I am no way near Ansel Adams caliber of work. Lord help us if he had this extraordinary tool in his hands. He would have put us all to shame.
So what were his action photos like?
09-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #310
Inactive Account

You all need a reality check.

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 09-21-2010 at 11:09 PM.
09-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #311
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
When and where, did you come of the opinion and be "qualified" of determining Ansel Adams. "Action Photo's"?

Did he ever take one? Be very careful about your answer on this one. I am his granddaughter.

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 09-21-2010 at 11:18 PM.
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #312
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Um ! Duh?
09-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #313
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
Gosh darn how the hell in the world did Ansel Adams create? He worked at it and I am no way near Ansel Adams caliber of work.
That's the reason why we need better cameras. We're not geniuses
09-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #314
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote

K-5 with Mic
Am I the only one that looks at this and thinks, who on earth is going to use this camera for serious videography? It's a still camera, not a video camera!

It doesn't even do video well (re: under 30 minute clips only until SDXC, no h.264 CODEC, few video controls, limited frame rate, etc.).

So who is Pentax targeting this ridiculous extended mic to?

Until such a time comes where the camera is equally capable with both stills and video, I will stick to a dedicated video camera for my video needs.
09-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #315
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
It doesn't even do video well (re: under 30 minute clips only until SDXC, no h.264 CODEC, few video controls, limited frame rate, etc.).
I am not very into videography, but isn't motion jpeg much better choice for editing than editing h264 encoded stuff? h264 is good for final material, not for the "raw" video which needs to be cut, processed, etc.
Closed Thread