Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Contradiction in terms : K-5

From Pentaxforums homepage....
Official Pentax K-5 Specs (unconfirmed)
Right. Errr, either official or unconfirmed
If official then confirmed, if onconfirmed then unofficial...

and to top all up we get a "K-5 offcially announced"thread....
Wow, me after a party curious.... I click....
QuoteQuote:
This is where we will be posting the official specs on the K-5 and new lens.

Coming 9/20/2010 10:00am EST
If you don't have 'em yet, please don't post a teaser like this. makes me confused....

09-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Don't blame Adam for being too ecstatic. He's a Pentax lover above all, and secondly a forum administrator. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away too much, but it's only human
09-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
From Pentaxforums homepage....
Official Pentax K-5 Specs (unconfirmed)
Right. Errr, either official or unconfirmed
If official then confirmed, if onconfirmed then unofficial...

and to top all up we get a "K-5 offcially announced"thread....
Wow, me after a party curious.... I click....

If you don't have 'em yet, please don't post a teaser like this. makes me confused....

The "official" specs are purported to be "official" as opposed to speculation or rumour or a mid-development leak. So, yes, there can be such a thing as "unconfirmed official specs".

The officially announced thread is, I'm guessing, just a way of letting people know that they don't have to come in droves tomorrow morning and start 25 different "K-5 officially announced !!!!!111!!!!1!!!eleventyone!!!1" threads, that they should know an official thread for that is already there, and that people should look there first and foremost.

See, that wasn't too hard to figure out.
09-19-2010, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm going to speak in the third person here.

PentaxForums currently knows the official specs on the K-5, but these cannot be disclosed until Pentax releases them to the public. I've created an official thread in which the details will be published- they will be released in the thread referred to above. Same goes for the new lens.

Official K-5 details will also be published to the review page: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-digital-slr-camera-reviews/114233-pentax-k-5-a.html (and the lens here: SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR Lens Reviews - Pentax Lens Review Database )

We will also be doing a professional review once our pre-order body comes in from B&H.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #5

The german site pdf is showing the K-5 to have a top ISO of 51200. WoW!

(K-rumours)
09-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gostwick Quote
The german site pdf is showing the K-5 to have a top ISO of 51200. WoW!

(K-rumours)
This disappoints me really, Obviously it's the same Sony sensor, just looks as if Nikons PR, has let Pentax marketing team try and make up a large number, whatever it is, we can assume that 51200 to be completely unusable, and it's likely just to try and differentiate between the "lower ISO abilities" of the D7000.
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

PentaxForums currently knows the official specs on the K-5, but these cannot be disclosed until Pentax releases them to the public.
Oh Adam, you cheeky bastard! We do love ya' though
09-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote
This disappoints me really, Obviously it's the same Sony sensor, just looks as if Nikons PR, has let Pentax marketing team try and make up a large number, whatever it is, we can assume that 51200 to be completely unusable, and it's likely just to try and differentiate between the "lower ISO abilities" of the D7000.
Keep in mind that Pentax likes to expand the ISO range beyond what the sensor is designed to deliver

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

PentaxForums currently knows the official specs on the K-5, but these cannot be disclosed until Pentax releases them to the public. I've created an official thread in which the details will be published- they will be released in the thread referred to above. Same goes for the new lens.
So does that mean we only have those two things to look forward to announcement wise? :ugh:

So far:
$800 k-r mid level body
$220 35mm very entry level lens that's kind of fast
$? entry level 18-135mm slow lens
$? K-5 upper-ish level body

09-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

We will also be doing a professional review once our pre-order body comes in from B&H.
Funny, from B&H website:

QuoteQuote:
We're sorry!

The PENTAX K-5 has not been announced yet. B&H does not have any information posted on this item at this time. Please check back with us soon.

Thank you for your patience.