Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #511
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Ok, I was able to obtain this much of verifyable information:

The new German dealer price list from Pentax lists the FA Ltds. as "EOL" (end of life).

Every German dealer should be able to confirm. Maybe, dealers from other countries can report what information they got.

I refrain from interpreting the exact meaning of this information.
Good Lord. As some know, I'm shooting both Nikon and Pentax now and cruise the Nikon forums regularly. What is it with Pentax shooters on this and other forums? Every week the sky is falling. This is a totally unsubstantiated rumour from a member whose been wrong in the past more than once. Why do you give one member this much power?

Nikon got nearly nothing out of Photokina. One camera, no D700 replacement, no D300s replacement etc etc. The forums are calm and happy over there. No complaints no bitching, no calling the CEO/product guys/whatever an idiot.

Here, we get 2 new cameras, 2 new lenses a worldwide release of the 645D and every second thread I read is negative, doom and gloom crap. When it's official, then go jump off a bridge. Until then, this is a rumour that has no basis in fact and IMO

WAS TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE TO BE POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY A MEMBER (Falk) THAT JUST WANTS TO LOOK IMPORTANT BUT SHOULD KEEP QUIET FROM NOW ON UNLESS HE HAS SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY OR VERIFIABLE FACT.

Quote Falk: Ok, I was able to obtain this much of verifyable information:

The new German dealer price list from Pentax lists the FA Ltds. as "EOL" (end of life).

Every German dealer should be able to confirm. Maybe, dealers from other countries can report what information they got.

So you refrain from interpreting the meaning yet you post it as fact. Calling it verifiable. In doing so I consider you the single most irresponsible member of this forum. You are no more than a gossiping fear monger who has taken some very positive news and twisted it into a way to scare people off.

*If I was anyone from Pentax, I'd never speak to him again on the threat of getting fired. The rumour might be true. That's doesn't matter. Creating this scare thread is BS. I’d also ban you from the booth and make sure you can’t talk to or see anything.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 09-26-2010 at 09:19 AM.
09-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #512
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Ok, I was able to obtain this much of verifyable information:

Falk,

Thank you for this info.,....this is much better than just someone in photokina saying this and that.

Also, I am aware you didn't start this (Weiland did), but now I am a step closer to believing it, thanks to your new info.

P.S: Peter, you've got lots of facts wrong here....being a moderator, YOU should be more careful with what you say,... MUCH more than Falk (who in this instance has only done things to help the matter).
09-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #513
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Good Lord. As some know, I'm shooting both Nikon and Pentax now and cruise the Nikon forums regularly. What is it with Pentax shooters on this and other forums? Every week the sky is falling. This is a totally unsubstantiated rumour from a member whose been wrong in the past more than once. Why do you give one member this much power?

Nikon got nearly nothing out of Photokina. One camera, no D700 replacement, no D300s replacement etc etc. The forums are calm and happy over there. No complaints no bitching, no calling the CEO/product guys/whatever an idiot.

Here, we get 2 new cameras, 2 new lenses a worldwide release of the 645D and every second thread I read is negative, doom and gloom crap. When it's official, then go jump off a bridge. Until then, this is a rumour that has no basis in fact and IMO

WAS TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE TO BE POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY A MEMBER (Falk) THAT JUST WANTS TO LOOK IMPORTANT BUT SHOULD KEEP QUIET FROM NOW ON UNLESS HE HAS SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY OR VERIFIABLE FACT.

So you refrain from interpreting the meaning yet you post it as fact. Calling it verifiable. In doing so I consider you the single most irresponsible member of this forum. You are no more than a gossiping fear monger who has taken some very positive news and twisted it into a way to scare people off.

*If I was anyone from Pentax, I'd never speak to him again on the threat of getting fired. The rumour might be true. That's doesn't matter. Creating this scare thread is BS. I’d also ban you from the booth and make sure you can’t talk to or see anything.
Woah!

Last edited by Peter Zack; 09-26-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: removed 2 words from my own post.
09-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #514
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

I thought the story was that the D300s was an intermediate model between D300 and D300-successor and that the D7000 actually is the D300 successor.

09-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #515
Site Supporter

With all due respect, there is no need to shout (caps), Peter. I must point out that you come across (to me) like overreacting. Obviously other forum members may have different opinions.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 09-26-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Removed 2 words from my own post
09-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #516
ogl
Pentaxian

It's silly to compare Pentax and Nikon system. David and Goliath.

Nikon announced
D3100, D7000
and several high-end lenses -
35/1.4, 200/2, 85mm f/1.4G and middle-grade lenses
28-300mm F3.5-5.36 G ED VR, 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 G ED VR and 24-120mm F4 G ED VR and Speedlight SB-700 flash

D800 (16 MP FF) will be in 3-4 months.

Pentax put 16 Mp sensor + Safox IX+ into K-7 body and make 18-135 and remake FA35/2 into plastic DA-L35/2.4

Last edited by ogl; 09-26-2010 at 07:12 AM.
09-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #517
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
I thought the story was that the D300s was an intermediate model between D300 and D300-successor and that the D7000 actually is the D300 successor.
Could not be. Or else the D7000 would have got the 51-points AF. They crippled it to 39 so it's hinting at a D300 successor or... or they are preparing the ground for an entry-level FF...

P.S. to Pete Zack, it seems to me that you're overreacting over all this.
09-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #518
ogl
Pentaxian

I've heard about D800 (launch this winter) - high speed 16 MP FF camera and no D300's replacement.

09-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #519
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You are no more than a gossiping fear monger who has taken some very positive news and twisted it into a way to scare people off.
The name-calling is totally unnecessary, and brings down the tone of this forum. You might also want to consider reading the entire thread before making statements of this kind. Were you to do so, you'd be aware that it wasn't Falk who started the rumor, but rather blende8 in post #401:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115076-pentax-photokin...ml#post1196712

It was blende8 who made a sweeping suggestion that the FA Limiteds were discontinued, whereas Falk's post actually dialed back that statement to something much more specific -- that the current Pentax-supplied dealer price list labels the lenses as EOL in one specific market (which doesn't necessarily imply this to be the case for other markets).

He makes a specific citation to a specific document, and frankly he's one of the most respected users on the site, who takes great pains to verify his statements and to be careful of his wording so as not to lead readers into believing him to be saying something he's not.

I think an apology is due here, to be quite honest. This posting was way out of line -- site moderators, especially "senior" ones, should be above childish name-calling.
09-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #520
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
In that case they shouldn't appear to run down the brand first.

Everyone seems surprised that Penatax marketing isn't great but it never has in the past years, has it? OK, it might have turned worse a bit but there wasn't much ground to lose to begin with.

I hope the K-r and K-5 will be successes and then it won't matter how bumpy the K-5 marketing was in the beginning.
Marketing in the U.S.A. was a lot better in the '80s and even early 90s than presently.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's silly to compare Pentax and Nikon system. David and Goliath.

Nikon announced
D3100, D7000
and several high-end lenses -
35/1.4, 200/2, 85mm f/1.4G and middle-grade lenses
28-300mm F3.5-5.36 G ED VR, 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 G ED VR and 24-120mm F4 G ED VR and Speedlight SB-700 flash

D800 (16 MP FF) will be in 3-4 months.

Pentax put 16 Mp sensor + Safox IX+ into K-7 body and make 18-135 and remake FA35/2 into plastic DA-L35/2.4
Goliath got his arse kicked and head chopped off (with his own sword).

Last edited by Blue; 09-26-2010 at 08:05 AM.
09-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #521
emr

I wonder if posts like this would be tolerated from any normal member and now this is coming from a Senior Moderator. Somebody seriously needs to chill down.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 09-26-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed 2 words from my origianl post
09-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #522
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Could not be. Or else the D7000 would have got the 51-points AF. They crippled it to 39 so it's hinting at a D300 successor or... or they are preparing the ground for an entry-level FF...
Maybe they just went for marketing research and found out that 95% of D300 shooters only used 39 AF points.
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I've heard about D800 (launch this winter) - high speed 16 MP FF camera and no D300's replacement.
Oh yeah, ogl seems to more or less indicate the same, D7000 the new APS Nikon flagship
09-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #523
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
If the FA ltd's are infact planned to be discontinued, I actually think thats a good thing

To me, that means just maybe we will get new modern equivalents such as oh I don't know..... a Pentax 85mm F/1.4? Not to mention maybe we will finally get a truly fast "wide" normal lens?

I was never interested in any of the three "amigos" so it doesn't affect me in the slightest anyhow
Truly fast wide normal lens: DA* 55/1.4. The down side is that it was SDM only. Its images aren't on par with the A 50/1.2 or any of the FA ltd lens though and that is why it isn't selling worth a flip.
09-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #524
Veteran Member

Who'll let Pentax USA know they are offering 645D ?

Who'll let Pentax USA know they are offering 645D ???

The Online Photographer: No Pentax 645D News

Some random thoughts:

Theres no angst in Nikon World cause they have what, 3 current 24x36 dslrs ?

Nikon D7000 is a PRICE REVOLUTION, lots of specs for low admission price.

Nikon offers what, some 71 USA market lenses all with 5 year warranty included.

SLR Camera Lenses

Oh, and I still wonder who here plans to use K mount glass on a 645D ?

645D is another system, not an upgrade path. Same brand different mount.

Anyways,

I too was angry I invested heavily into Pentax then had to drop some serious coin to buy into Canon.
I can relate to the frustration, owning more than one brand is expensive.

Nikon makes great gear and no one wonders when's full frame coming & whether Nikon is doomed...

Last edited by Peter Zack; 09-26-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed 2 words from my origianl post
09-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #525
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I agree, "EOL" means Limiteds are being discontinued.

Great News for Pentaxians !

Well those who leave the brand eventually as their Made In Japan Limiteds will appreciate in value and help fund the aquisition of their next brand of gear.

Pentax discontinuing full frame lenses, Zeiss discontinuing full frame K Mount lenses, I wonder what all this means ?

Maybe someone will start another Full Frame K Mount dslr is coming soon thead ?

It means Zeiss is pricing themselves out of the market, but the German leadership hasn't figured out that it is beyond 1967. The other is based on a rumor. Say hello to Rice Low for us.
Closed Thread