Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K-5 Reviews with example images?

Does anyone know if there is or are a review(s) out there yet with actual samples of images taken with the new K-5? Stats alone mean very little to me as well as "unboxing" videos.

If you know of any, post them here!

Jason

09-21-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can work on getting some for you, but I would officially not get too excited until the body becomes available in October.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I can work on getting some for you, but I would officially not get too excited until the body becomes available in October.
Adam, this would be awesome. Especially shots at iso 80 vs iso 100 and high iso shots (iso 3200 and above).
09-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's just it, I am not the least bit excited at the moment and wont be until I see some examples and real world, hands-on reviewing. Seems other makers have hands on reviews out already and makes me wonder if anyone has really handled the cameras yet in real-world situations.

Jason

09-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
That's just it, I am not the least bit excited at the moment and wont be until I see some examples and real world, hands-on reviewing. Seems other makers have hands on reviews out already and makes me wonder if anyone has really handled the cameras yet in real-world situations.

Jason
I've been posting all sorts of such comments in several threads, and I totally agree with you:

Until we see some REAL users' tests, and especially for the ISO performance, I will try not getting too excited.
However, some videos posted by JohnB appear to give the K5 top votes for, at least, the LV-AF.
Let's hope the trend will continue and we get more good surprises.

JP
09-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Adam:

I believe this would be a little early to post some pics taken with a "preview" K5.
I am sure they are still working on some last minute details before the actual sales.
Wouldn't you think that posting "almost-ready-K5" shots would start another round of negativity?

Just my thoughts.

JP
09-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #7
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Does anyone know if there is or are a review(s) out there yet with actual samples of images taken with the new K-5? Stats alone mean very little to me as well as "unboxing" videos.
If you know of any, post them here!
It hasn't been released yet. Still beta firmware. You'll need to be patient to really know what you'll be getting once it ships.

Otherwise Pentax has published a series of photos on their site, resized and all that comes with that, which someone re-posted in the main k-5 announcement thread.
09-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I see one. What is RAW FX?

09-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
I see one. What is RAW FX?
The old "RAW" button has been updated to be able to be reprogrammed as a "function" button. That's all.
09-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nothing yet?

Jason