Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by music_lover Quote
they don't even have the k-r up! what's up with that?
that's what you call Pentax marketing at work, err... out to lunch

09-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vil Quote
The Camera Store has the K-5 listed for $1498

Pentax K-5 Body | TheCameraStore.com
I like this!

Now, just knock another $100 off that and I'd be even happier!
09-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Look at it this way: we may not have enough images in the buffer but we got far more commas than necessary in the press release. Jeeez.

Adding to the commas, we have a new sharpness mode - extra - in addition to normal and fine. There is certainly an end to my taste for sharpening but apparently none for Pentax's interest in delivery it. Serious question: what's it for?

I have to go now. I began to ask myself the purpose of random cross-processing. And how it would work with continuous mode - 40 fast JPEGs with different processes chosen at random. Then my head began to hurt.
10-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if Henrys will have a pre-order discount like last year with the K-7. $100 off the price?
I got my junket tickets in the mail for their show coming up on Oct 15th, so not long to wait to find out.

Geez, they are going to have too. Aden already has the D7000 at $1249.

Last edited by Clarkey; 10-02-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Add D7000 price
10-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Geez, they are going to have too. Aden already has the D7000 at $1249.
My mark is 1300 each.
Though I will be waiting til' spring either way(Tax return seasons ).
Besides... there's no way I'd spring for a camera's without first seeing and hearing about how they do in the field first.

TBH. I never really understood the rush mentality that follows a camera's release. Are all those people's photography really on hold while they wait?
10-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vil Quote
The Camera Store has the K-5 listed for $1498

Pentax K-5 Body | TheCameraStore.com
I attended a seminar at the Camera Store's Digital Photo Expo today and got to handle the K-5. The Alberta rep expects it to ship toward the end of October and be available in the first couple of weeks of November. I have never handled the K-7 so I can't compare it directly, it certainly is much smaller and lighter than my K20D and many of the features are more easily accessible to my way of thinking. I am not very experienced and still have a lot of mileage left in my 20D but I will be interested to see how people like it in real time because maybe, when I am ready to upgrade and if the price comes down on this like it did on the K-7... who knows?
-Joe