Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Transfering Japanese engineers to a Korean society might pose some problems...

I work in the french car industry (yes, yes, the french do have a car industry...) and I can't really imagine German engineers being transfered (as whole units) in case of a french-german buyout... or the other way around...

A bit silly but sadly true....
Well, I guess you're right. I didn't really think of it that way.

09-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
You just made my day !!

You guessed it! I'm currently working in the R&D motor department at Peugeot-CitroŽn!

(I could have been working for Renault... !!)

Actually, I didn't guess. In fact, before you mentioned it, I had no idea CitroŽn and Peugeot are at all related (see how well I keep up with these things). Instead, I simply listed the two French vehicles I've owned and particularly enjoyed.

I've also owned a Renault, but it is a little unfair to say much good or bad about is since it was a very old model that could not be driven on the street. The car was owned by an ex-military person who purchased it in Europe. Since he could not make it street legal in the state of California, the vehicle was stored in his yard for months. While still in school (a teenager), I purchased it with the notion of using it as a project in auto shop class and later using it off-road. The owner sold it to me for $10 (the title transfer fee at the time) just to get it off his property. I was able to get the car running again and played with it (abused it) off-road for a couple of years before selling it to a friend (he wanted parts for a kit car).

By the way, I'm selling the Peugeot scooter in a couple of months. I'm moving to England next year and the larger compressor/turbo (15kW/20 PS) is not allowed there under a standard drivers license. But I intend to buy another with the slightly smaller turbo (11kW/15 PS) to replace it, which I understand is okay in the UK with my drivers license.

stewart
09-18-2007, 02:45 AM   #33

i think k20d will be published only after or in november
even nikon cannot get enough new sensor for d300, so

before Nov, all the coming new model news will be merely rumor
10-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Assumptions

QuoteOriginally posted by xbadx Quote
i think k20d will be published only after or in november
even nikon cannot get enough new sensor for d300, so

before Nov, all the coming new model news will be merely rumor
What the Nikon having trouble getting their sensors have to do with Pentax. That is a false premise....Sorry.